Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They know that if the IPO Share Issue fails the club will fold again very soon.

Depends on who's underwriting the issue and to what level. That could be very interesting when revealed.

This.

And most fans would only be interested in buying a nominal number of shares, just to say they were part of the club. I simply cannot see vast numbers of Orcs shelling out 500 quid each for a bit of paper with a dubious future. They are either too poor or too smart (yes) to do that. The IPO will fail. Which for Newco fans may not necessarily be a bad thing but for Charlie, it would.

As it stands right now you are right but to state that fans are too poor because of the team they support is nonsense, plenty of Rangers fans have been holding back money since we went to into admin for a share issue. Though this share issue needs a lot of questions answered first.

1349967055[/url]' post='6703946']

CG is definitely out to make money, never been in any doubt of that, in fact the vast majority of Rangers fans also know this, he has stated it publicly

But there is a wrong way and right way, he will have to show and be open about this before he can expect anyone to invest

His statement from the recent IPO meeting read something like

"once the job is done i get 10% and I would ask the board to vote me off at this point so I can retire"

what does "once the job is done" mean?

This reads that he at this time has no shareholding, so his part will be 10% of £44.629M and a salary of 50% of what Bain was getting paid while he is achieving his aim, basically £4.7M for a years work, not bad and if he leaves a healthy sustainable Rangers behind, well worth it

I can't see how you can say 4.7m plus what he earns is good value. Especially if it is cash that should be going to your club. Most SPL clubs could base their entire future on that kinda cash. You or I won't earn that in a lifetime prob multiple lifetimes. And your club, when he leaves will probably still be in dead financial difficulties. He couldn't give a sh1t as long as his pockets are full

As it stands right now you are right but to state that fans are too poor because of the team they support is nonsense, plenty of Rangers fans have been holding back money since we went to into admin for a share issue. Though this share issue needs a lot of questions answered first.

Can't comment on what the poster meant, but from my point of view I'd suggest the current economic climate being far from great, the time of the year, and the investment in season tickets would suggest that by and large the supporters of any club would be relatively poor right now. The timing of this issue is horrendous.

And far from wanting to stick up for Rangers fans, most I've spoken to about this seem very suspicious of Green and what his plans for the cash are. There is no massive rush to participate in the IPO at the moment.

Can't comment on what the poster meant, but from my point of view I'd suggest the current economic climate being far from great, the time of the year, and the investment in season tickets would suggest that by and large the supporters of any club would be relatively poor right now. The timing of this issue is horrendous.

It does smack a bit of desperation tbf but we'll soon find out either way.

You better hope they ask questions rather than falling into line as before.rolleyes.gif

CG is definitely out to make money, never been in any doubt of that, in fact the vast majority of Rangers fans also know this, he has stated it publicly. But there is a wrong way and right way, he will have to show and be open about this before he can expect anyone to invest. His statement from the recent IPO meeting read something like

"once the job is done i get 10% and I would ask the board to vote me off at this point so I can retire"

what does "once the job is done" mean?

Ask Murray and Whyte. wink.gif

Not because of the team they support. Maybe the word 'poor' was badly chosen, too pejorative. I presume there is a broad spectrum of fandom. The majority of them, however, would find 500 pounds to be a very large outlay to justify even without the 'iffiness' of the deal.

IMO, of course.

1349968953[/url]' post='6704085']

Then he will be leaving a lot poorer, because the IPO will fail, he will have to demonstrate that the long term future of Rangers is secure and that the business model is viable in order for it to succeed

He has no share holding and gets nothing apart from a salary "until the job is done"

That Is why I don't get you guys. You put your trust in a guy that says he's off when the job is done, but one of your principles is " you don't do walking away". Look at the reaction of your fans at the players that TUPED. And yet your willing to let this guy just walk away with all your hard earned.(confused).

What did the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund ever do with that £500,000 they managed to raise from the fans?

Is it going into the new club, paying off Rangers debts?

I read that too, from the meetings in Canada, America and Northern Ireland that he was showing them a draft prospectus. Dhens is being a fanny as it's common sense that Green would be showing potential investors a draft copy.

Although most of the details must be pretty rigid given the short period of time between the promotional tour and the announcement of the share issue.

He is obviously using the expansion into Asia and others as a way to grow the business but as others have highlighted this will not be an overnight and any strategy looks long term.

The worry ( not mine) is the share issue looks as though it will be used for the purposes of some everyday running costs, without knowing how much of the money raised would go towards these overheads would determine how much was then distributed to other avenues transfer budgets etc.

Then you have to look at the long term projections of this expansion how much risk of it being successful and what would be the consequences of its failure or if the targets fail to materialise, where then do you go to gain more investment.

Without a big investor coming in with some altruistic motives I don't see it as being attractive for investors other than supporters willing or able to lose the money.

1349970384[/url]' post='6704178']

'he will have to demonstrate that the long term future of Rangers is secure and that the business model is viable'

The only way he will get our 'hard earned' is by demonstrating the above

As for walking away, he made it clear that this was his intention on day 1, he has never hidden from it, as did the bunnet when he saved Celtic

The long term future of your club will not be secure for possibly 10 years IMO, if ever again with shysters like this about. And yet he said months ago that he will be outta there in a year. It is time for you guys to wake up and get some transparency from him and start asking the right questions and stop just believing he is your saviour because he brought in a bucketload of borrowed cash to make a quick buck for himself. Look at the bigger picture ffs and see what he did to the blades and their reaction when they found out he was going to govan.

That money should have gone towards Minty's share issue a long time ago. That was the chance to save oldco yet the typical fan did nothing.

1349971598[/url]' post='6704252']

I don't think there is a football club in the UK that could guarantee their long term future for the next 10 years

Thanks for agreeing with me, on how long he will be here, I said a year, you said a year, he said a year

We are asking questions, if he does not answer them, then the IPO will fail

You are simply guessing the cash was borrowed

I have read what the Blades said and yes it worries me, all the more reason for him to supply the correct information in the prospectus

I am not saying guarantee their future. I am saying that it will take that time to a stable footing, to be able to compete at the top level(of Scottish football). Under the charge of CG and the spin he is giving you, the chances are that by the end of his reign, you could be back to square 1. And yes I am guessing that it is borrowed money, but who in their right mind would plough that kind of their own cash into a football club unless they were a true follower?

I don't think there is a football club in the UK that could guarantee their long term future for the next 10 years.

I have read what the Blades said and yes it worries me, all the more reason for him to supply the correct information in the prospectus

There are scores of football clubs in the UK that live within their financial means who don't dodge taxes or creditors and don't spend other peoples money while fielding ineligible players. Most football clubs in the UK are not run by and supported by the type of people who associate themselves with the corrupt, bigoted, sectarian, tax and creditor dodging cheating Rangers.

Your deluded thoughts have you thinking that all football clubs in the UK are run by and supported by people like you, big mistake. wink.gif