Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Football debts had to paid for transference of SFA membership but you already knew this, so thats this bit sorted.

Further punishment for what exactly?

If a CVA was achieved then the club wouldn't have been responsible for any debt and not suffered any of losses i previously mentioned.

A long winded way of disagreeing over absolutely nothing :rolleyes:

How many COMPANIES are members of the SFA?* Who defined what was a footballing debt? Charlie appeared to think he'd paid them all with an amount of less than half what they owed Vienna. (*This is in response to your sarky wee snipe at wunfellaff)

Further Punishment? For offences "second only to match fixing"? ANY fucking punishment other than a fine which was unenforcable would have been nice.

A CVA was never going to be agreed - probably during your tear-stained absence, but we discussed this, and the reasons, quite extensively at the time.

Guest Kincardine

Further Punishment? For offences "second only to match fixing"? ANY fucking punishment other than a fine which was unenforcable would have been nice.

Oh please don't use that quote and regard it as being, in any way, credible. This came from the same discredited SFA tribunal that chose to apply a punishment that they weren't competent to give. It's nothing more than a cheap soundbite designed to appeal to the diddy masses.

Oh please don't use that quote and regard it as being, in any way, credible. This came from the same discredited SFA tribunal that chose to apply a punishment that they weren't competent to give. It's nothing more than a cheap soundbite designed to appeal to the diddy masses.

It really worked too!! :D

How many COMPANIES are members of the SFA?* Who defined what was a footballing debt? Charlie appeared to think he'd paid them all with an amount of less than half what they owed Vienna. (*This is in response to your sarky wee snipe at wunfellaff)

A CVA was never going to be agreed - probably during your tear-stained absence, but we discussed this, and the reasons, quite extensively at the time.

The company owns the club which requires the license fro..................................... why must we go down this road everytime we try to have a sensible discussion as it's been doen to death Norm?

You never answered the question and gave only a stupid quote more at home on a Celticminded blog.

Maybe, no one knows for sure.

The company owns the club which requires the license fro..................................... why must we go down this road everytime we try to have a sensible discussion as it's been doen to death Norm?

You never answered the question and gave only a stupid quote more at home on a Celticminded blog.

Maybe, no one knows for sure.

Is it the company or the club which buys the titles?

Guest Kincardine

Is it the company or the club which buys the titles?

It's either no-one or it's Henrick's Tongue as part of a job lot when he bought the history of World War 2.

Deliberate withholding of PAYE & NIC is not a petty offence by any stretch of the imagination. This is something the majority of oldco fans can't seem to grasp. They did know the punishments available to them at the time being...

1. Removal of football memebership

2. Suspension of football membership

3. Expulsion from the cup

4. Fine

Clearly 3+4 are far too petty, and number 1 is too severe. Which leaves number 2 the only option they can go with. No doubt it would have been something like a 1 game forfeit had they gone down that route.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Guest Kincardine

Deliberate withholding of PAYE & NIC is not a petty offence by any stretch of the imagination. This is something the majority of oldco fans can't seem to grasp. They did know the punishments available to them at the time being...

I didn't say that it was. I said it was a cheap soundbite from an incompetent panel - which it was.

I am not downplaying the seriousness of what we did. I'm simply saying that that quote should give people a red neck given its origin.

It's either no-one or it's Henrick's Tongue as part of a job lot when he bought the history of World War 2.

Yep. They're now mine. I got them free in a buy 2 get one free deal when I purchased WWII and the musical history of Merseyside in the 60's. ;)

Anyone want to buy Cilla Black?

I presume the people who appointed the tribunal have also suffered equal, if not more, damage to their credibility. Especially considering they defended the punishment in court.

If so, why do so many The Rangers fans (including yourself, iirc) use the SFA's transference of membership as evidence they're the same club?

Guest Kincardine

I presume the people who appointed the tribunal have also suffered equal, if not more, damage to their credibility. Especially considering they defended the punishment in court.

Well I'd also hope so but I think The SFA have got off lightly. The fact that their panel of incompetents is being quoted, to use the old saw, "Like a drunkard uses a lamp post for support, rather than for illumination" makes me think that people are forgetting how much of a f**k-up it was by the SFA.

If so, why do so many The Rangers fans (including yourself, iirc) use the SFA's transference of membership as evidence they're the same club?

That was never an argument used by me (unless I was on a drunken ramble one night). It doesn't even sound like the kind of argument I'd make. My tendency would be to argue to the contrary: a club's existence and SFA membership are not coterminous.

I thought that myself at first but when you take into account that he's had to pay back football debts while losing money due from player sales, lost TV money, lost 'prize money', reduction in ticket money, lost a squad of players worth maybe say £20m, no Euro fitba for atleast 3 years then maybe a CVA would've been a better idea.

Chuckie just assumed his new club would start life in the spl. Hence his deaperate attempts to convince everyone they would die without them. Also explains his massive huff since being refused entry.

Guest Kincardine

Chuckie just assumed his new club would start life in the spl. Hence his deaperate attempts to convince everyone they would die without them.

Interesting rewriting of history. The greatest desperation was actually shown by Regan and Doncaster with their Armageddon shite which seems to have been conveniently attributed, now, to Rangers' fans or supposedly Rangers-sympathetic hacks.

The past few posts have provided a useful insight into the mind of the average diddy:

• The discredited tribunal can be quoted with authority
  • The ones who forecast the demise of the SPL were not the ones who tried to gerrymander Rangers back to, at least, SFL1.