Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I thought they had banned RC ? lol.....On so many levels....

From yesterdays prezzer with tfplg , or Shane Warne since he started dying his hair...

post-23278-0-55279700-1375536875_thumb.j

Why would fotbawmad a Raith Rovers fan constantly post pictures from Celtic websites?

Strange behaviour.

Why would you, a self confessed green flag customer , have an avatar from "simples" ?

Strange behavior.

Oops.

Mather pissed off.....

Rangers international web seems to have crashed since his statement posted :)

I don't think so. I just logged on and he said this:

RANGERS Chief Executive Craig Mather has issued the following statement today.

He said: “Rangers Football Club is a 141-year-old institution built for success and along with the Board of Directors, I am determined to conduct business with honour, dignity and integrity. The men who created this great club would expect no less.

“During my time as a main investor and now as Chief Executive, I have learned about the club's rich history and proud traditions.

"So it is with deep regret that I find I must address the recent frenzy that has surrounded this great club.

"Again there are those attempting to bang down the doors simply because they feel they should be inside before any others and for no good reason other than self gain and arrogance.

"It doesn't matter to them that they have not invested or helped the club, or that they failed to make even a remotely credible attempt to save this fantastic club in its darkest hours.

"Not a single one of them stepped forward willing to invest their own money. Yet now they think they can waltz into the club.

"This club needs commitment and unity. It does not require the type of people who stood back and did nothing when Rangers were in trouble.

"Now, as Rangers has been climbing on to more solid ground and as the fans are heartened by what they've seen, these men emerge from the shadows with empty promises. They should be ashamed.

"It is surely no coincidence that they waited until the signs are positive and strong.

“Ally McCoist has enjoyed a positive pre-season programme, we have added eight new players to the squad to get Rangers back to the top flight and more than 34,000 supporters have bought season tickets for the new campaign.

“There was a positivity and excitement ahead of the new season and this was heightened by last weekend's victory and slick performance against Albion Rovers.

“It is therefore disappointing that once again we are distracted by non-football matters that do nothing but destabilise this club.

“Rangers fans are well aware that there have been various people trying to grab pieces of their club for years now and to force themselves into positions of power.

“However, all they have ever done and continue to do is have a negative effect when I and the other directors are trying to focus totally on taking Rangers back to the pinnacle of Scottish football.

“It is a difficult task and yet again we are seeing people attempting to make it impossible.

"But we will not be defeated, I certainly won't, and we will meet this latest ill-considered and ill-timed challenge head on.

“Let me stress that I, as Chief Executive, a position I am privileged and honoured to hold, and all of the other directors are firmly behind Ally McCoist and his team as we embark on stage two of our journey

“I urge all of our fans not to listen to rhetoric or empty promises and continue to support the manager and those of us who do genuinely have Rangers' best interests at heart.

“Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including Charles Green. But what I want to make clear is this: Backing the manager and the playing staff in their quest to restore Rangers' fortunes is critical to our ambitions.

"That and resolving to stand firm against anyone who would drag Rangers down in their selfish desire to promote themselves.

"This great club is bigger and more important than any of them, or any other individual."

Much of it is pretty anodyne but I do think he has a fair point when he says:

"It doesn't matter to them that they have not invested or helped the club, or that they failed to make even a remotely credible attempt to save this fantastic club in its darkest hours.

Not a single one of them stepped forward willing to invest their own money. Yet now they think they can waltz into the club."

Obviously he's having a go at the McColl/Paul Murray/Frank Blin EGM plan and I actually have some sympathy for Mather here. I am also no lover of Green after he turned in to a foaming-mouthed intellectual inchoate.

At least what Green and Mather did was pony up some of their own cash and raise £23M on the stock exchange. (OK so much may have been pished away - but that Isn't the point - they raised cash when others didn't).

My take is pretty simple. Emotionally I'd prefer McColl/Murray/Blin holding the reins at Ibrox. Factually, though, Green and his cohorts actually delivered investment for the club whereas McColl/Murray/Blin's only claim is that they are Rangers-minded.

If they want the support of the fans then come up with a development plan for Rangers over, say, a 5-year period or they can get to f**k as a bunch of blow-hards. We are sick to the back fucking teeth of boardroom coups and intrigues.

D&P were never going to sell to anyone else.....

Greenco took out a loan of 5.5m plus interest to buy the club which has been paid back, as well as various consultancy fees plus their own salaries etc.

D&P were never going to sell to anyone else.....

Greenco took out a loan of 5.5m plus interest to buy the club which has been paid back, as well as various consultancy fees plus their own salaries etc.

Of course they weren't gonna sell to anyone else. Done deal.

Doesn't matter it wasn't the best offer :)

No bank debt.......lololololololol

the D&P stuff has been done to death. Better folk talk about the EGM thing? That way we can discuss recent events rather than being like a dog returning to its vomit. I know this would exclude most Plastics but it's surely apposite to try and be current?

BTW anyone who says "you're a deid club" is an automatic fanny.

the D&P stuff has been done to death. Better folk talk about the EGM thing? That way we can discuss recent events rather than being like a dog returning to its vomit. I know this would exclude most Plastics but it's surely apposite to try and be current?

Ok so the non deid club is down to 2 possible cups for tfplg to retain his job.

Sux.

To

Be

You

The subject is often brought up by boasts of your support and it is natural for and indeed is the duty of, the rest of us to remind you all of the facts. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the likes of Tedi and 8 stubbornly refuse to accept these facts. My father - a lifelong Rangers fan - does and he's a man I love and respect.

The like of BP I feel sorry for because he doesn't understand and I've seen evidence recently that perhaps he would like to understand, even if this understanding leads to disappointment. I'll work on that a bit more. ;)

Ok so the non deid club is down to 2 possible cups for tfplg to retain his job.

Sux.

To

Be

You

We sane Bear can hold 2 things in tension: We are able to discuss match threads as has happened over here:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/203765-forfar-vrangers/page-6#entry7589353

We can also discuss admin and liquidation stuff as we do on here. I posted some comments about the Green/Mather cabal. How do you reply? Nothing. Not a fucking scooby. Why? Because the Ps&Ds prefer to crow rather than have a sensible discussion.

We sane Bear can hold 2 things in tension: We are able to discuss match threads as has happened over here:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/203765-forfar-vrangers/page-6#entry7589353

We can also discuss admin and liquidation stuff as we do on here. I posted some comments about the Green/Mather cabal. How do you reply? Nothing. Not a fucking scooby. Why? Because the Ps&Ds prefer to crow rather than have a sensible discussion.

Maybe I missed it as I've trolled the worst poster thread of late rather than here. Sorry.

The subject is often brought up by boasts of your support and it is natural for and indeed is the duty of, the rest of us to remind you all of the facts. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the likes of Tedi and 8 stubbornly refuse to accept these facts.

Don, I don't see any of the 'regular' Bears here boasting about our admin. I'd say it was a shameful episode in our club's history. Pretty much every 'normal' Bear would agree with me.

My auld man was the same as yours - a blue nose as was my maternal grandfather.

I will say something that may not be popular: Lanarkshire/Glasgow Protestants should pay their dues.The fact that we didn't is to our shame.

FWIW 'K' I think for stabilising club financially, Mather, Stockbridge & Green are the guys. If Green was still in charge you wouldn't be spunking so much on player budget and McCoist would be binned. McCoist isn't up to it and a decent manager capable of getting the club up to the top division can be had on half his salary and with a much smaller player budget.

The blue knights, King and big mouth Kennedy are a joke. Why didn't they put up and save the club from liquidation? Why are they lauded as hero figure by the support?

ETA:- just heard McCoists post match press conf. FFS!

Edited by Apache Don