Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Has Sir Walter of Cardigan backed the wrong horse or is he a sleeper agent?

The doddering old idiot probably doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Would love it if him and TFPLG got their jotters. Only downside would be the undoubted improvement in the teams performance.

If the corpulent Manager of the Year candidate(no laughing) loves the club so much, why is he happy taking an EPL level salary for managing a third tier Scottish Team that is shitting money like it's going out of fashion.

Any other teams fans would have been demanding his head months ago, but all he has to do is throw in a few watp's and ra peeps are lapping it up. :rolleyes:

Has Sir Walter of Cardigan backed the wrong horse or is he a sleeper agent?The doddering old idiot probably doesn't have a clue what's going on.Would love it if him and TFPLG got their jotters. Only downside would be the undoubted improvement in the teams performance.If the corpulent Manager of the Year candidate(no laughing) loves the club so much, why is he happy taking an EPL level salary for managing a third tier Scottish Team that is shitting money like it's going out of fashion.Any other teams fans would have been demanding his head months ago, but all he has to do is throw in a few watp's and ra peeps are lapping it up. :rolleyes:

Well chucky has already marked tfplg's card.

Charles Green has fired his first shot in the civil war at Ibrox. The Yorkshireman, speaking to the Sun said that Ally McCoist must win the league and the cup this year.

Green said: He (McCoist) knows he has to win the league, but in my opinion, has to win the cup as well.

If he doesnt do that he has a problem.

Green also said that if he was still in charge at Rangers he wouldnt have allowed McCoist to sign the amount of players he has this summer. (The Sun)

So two trophies required.

Re watty, in to shift season books so job done.

I do get he feeling him and the old guard are sitting waiting to regain control when the spivs are finished. A dangerous game.

I posted on the swamp a while back that Walter could've bought the club outright out of his savings. He didn't and indeed continued to take take take. It did not go down well :D

Was Paul Murray not on the board the last time the Ship went down?Surely that disqualifies him from getting his hands anywhere near a football club again?

That was what I had been thinking, maybe not forever but 7? years ?

Charles Green has fired his first shot in the civil war at Ibrox. The Yorkshireman, speaking to the Sun said that Ally McCoist must win the league and the cup this year.

Green said: He (McCoist) knows he has to win the league, but in my opinion, has to win the cup as well.

Green also said that if he was still in charge at Rangers he wouldnt have allowed McCoist to sign the amount of players he has this summer. (The Sun)

Re watty, in to shift season books so job done.

I do get he feeling him and the old guard are sitting waiting to regain control when the spivs are finished. A dangerous game.

I posted on the swamp a while back that Walter could've bought the club outright out of his savings. He didn't and indeed continued to take take take. It did not go down well :D

I presume he doesn't mean the ramsdens either.

Tbf Chuckles strategy is probably more beneficial for the clumpany than the spend, spend, spend attitude of chequebook managers like FPLG.

A tiny mischievous part of me almost hopes they win the Scottish, just to see the reaction of the Fringe when they realise they can't play in Europe.

Think you could be right about the waiting game, this could be the final stage.

Just how much will the spivs demand to hand over the newco to 'reel rangers men'? Can't imagine they'll sell cheap, especially if Jim Mccoll is involved.Perhaps they will the use the threat of a second admin as a negotiating tactic?

Over £20million spunked last season according to those figs. The mind truly boggles.

I'm still confused, wouldn't like to be a Bear right now anyway.

Lot less than that Declan.

£7 m at the end of last season.

"Its been said that, of the £23m raised, there was less than £7m left in the bank at the end of last season."

That quote isn't as black and white as you claim.

Blin is a 'lifelong' ranger? :rolleyes:

According to C.F.'s latest, he thought Rangers played at Celtic Park?

Was that one where Hagge... CF used a terminally ill child for point scoring, that one?

I presume he doesn't mean the ramsdens either.

Tbf Chuckles strategy is probably more beneficial for the clumpany than the spend, spend, spend attitude of chequebook managers like FPLG.

A tiny mischievous part of me almost hopes they win the Scottish, just to see the reaction of the Fringe when they realise they can't play in Europe.

Think you could be right about the waiting game, this could be the final stage.

Just how much will the spivs demand to hand over the newco to 'reel rangers men'? Can't imagine they'll sell cheap, especially if Jim Mccoll is involved.Perhaps they will the use the threat of a second admin as a negotiating tactic?

Over £20million spunked last season according to those figs. The mind truly boggles.

I'm still confused, wouldn't like to be a Bear right now anyway.

The tearing themselves apart bit will be fun.

"if" they continue to bleed a million a month, and "if" season books raise the same £6 million odd (as in the only financial statement released to date) they "may" make it to the end of the season without requiring a new share issue.

I really hope they get pumped out the cups early to deny them tv money.

And all the payoffs to goian etc would still have to come off that end of season less than £7 million as well.:)

Was that one where Hagge... CF used a terminally ill child for point scoring, that one?

Yeah, that wasn't in the best possible taste with hindsight.

Although she did say he had a heart of gold, just not that hot on football grounds.

I hope the kids name wad redacted otherwise that is pretty low.

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

"Its been said that, of the £23m raised, there was less than £7m left in the bank at the end of last season."

That quote isn't as black and white as you claim.

I know. I certainly take the £23m raised part with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, that wasn't in the best possible taste with hindsight.

Although she did say he had a heart of gold, just not that hot on football grounds.

I hope the kids name wad redacted otherwise that is pretty low.

Still there, she could have blanked out the kids name as you say and still posted about the clanger.

Yes I do get that.  I was highlighting the fact that Walter Smith, as chairman, is out of his depth.

Don't worry MT, I got that as well! ;)

Just amusing how the Daily Ranger has to explain these things to ra peeps, and Sir Walter probably.

Yes I do get that.  I was highlighting the fact that Walter Smith, as chairman, is out of his depth.

Big Derby for you today as well MT! ;)

Enjoy.

And Tedi won't have far to travel. Scrape through against Forfar and you might even get a big tie against the holders! :P

Was Paul Murray not on the board the last time the Ship went down?

Surely that disqualifies him from getting his hands anywhere near a football club again?

Just let him .................. :thumsup2

So we know the men who run Rangers are deliberately spunking away vast sums of money in order to sell enough STs to make the club attractive to new buyers before all the cash runs out. There's a name for this strategy - its called "putting all your eggs in one basket".

We know that the directors are extracting massive payouts from the club. We know that lots of these guys have a chequered history at best, and are at least actively untrustworthy.

Through all this, the Rangers fans are STILL sitting on their hands. When they're roused to do anything, the best they can do is wail and whine about the football authorities, who we know have bent over backwards to keep some form of Rangers alive.

Who knows? Maybe some Croesus-rich bajillionaire will buy over RFC tomorrow. This is all a shitty situation for Rangers fans and given their well-known grovelling, lickspittle attitude towards the men who own the club, it's no surprise that none of them can be arsed to raise a peep of protest about this.

But we really should remember this - if the men who run Ibrox fvck the support over yet again, they won't be able to claim that they didn't know what was going on. They know full well, right now, and are visibly doing nothing at all about it.

If it all goes tits up again, there won't be a Craig Whyte to blame everything on.

Edited by flyingrodent

I'd be interested to learn what Green means by 'The Cup'. If he just means the Ramsden's, he might get his wish, but if he's thinking of the Scottish Cup, I suspect he'll be disappointed. There's an irony there in that nobody did more to damage the team's chance of progress in that competition las season, than Green himself.

This is all a shitty situation for Rangers fans and given their well-known grovelling, lickspittle attitude towards the men who own the club, it's no surprise that none of them can be arsed to raise a peep of protest about this.

We're back to this subservience Bendarroch thinks no Rangers fans will ever display.

As a fanbase, they provide an extraordinary combination of this bowing, scraping forelock tugging towards those who really are no better then them; with an aggressively supremacist approach to those who actually are.