Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Could a Rangers fan explain why the supporters didn't try to pool their resources and buy the old club's assets? It would have cost £25-40 pfim (per fan in Manchester ). Also are there any moves to attempt it in the future, since they all seem to agree the board / major shareholders are mainly chancers or incompetent? Just interested (lol)

Apart from owing HMRC a 'reported' £150m, D&P were only going to sell to one group....

Surely the Blue Knights will save the day this time. Any moment - Paul Murray will re-appear with some suited and booted backers, and will announce that Sir Walter of Cardigan is back in the frame for a high-profile role in the new Sevco set-up.

Two weeks max'. Press conference in a Glasgow hotel. Paul Murray and pals. Certainty.

Aye and another photocall for Dave King at the airport with his big travel bag. :lol: Any day now.

Back on topic. Detached how? I've read some of your stuff and you have often claimed that the football authorities in Scotland will do anything to keep Rangers on track for as quick a return to the top as possible. This is something I agree with you on and I also agree that it is right and correct that this should be the case.

Why do you think it's correct that one club should be given preference over the others?

(if you are just being a cvnt, fair enough, don't bother replying.)

I know it's not happened yet, but has any club in Scotland went into Administration whilst in the 3rd teir of the game? Could The Rangers be about to set a new record? How does that compare to England? Is that Luton Town/Portsmouth levels of disaster?

Surely the Blue Knights will save the day this time. Any moment - Paul Murray will re-appear with some suited and booted backers, and will announce that Sir Walter of Cardigan is back in the frame for a high-profile role in the new Sevco set-up.

Two weeks max'. Press conference in a Glasgow hotel. Paul Murray and pals. Certainty.

That will happen after the fans are, once again, asked to keep their club/business going. As soon as the suits arrive it's f*ck the fans, let's have silly wages.

Could a Rangers fan explain why the supporters didn't try to pool their resources and buy the old club's assets? It would have cost £25-40 pfim (per fan in Manchester ). Also are there any moves to attempt it in the future, since they all seem to agree the board / major shareholders are mainly chancers or incompetent? Just interested (lol)

You would think that would have been the sensible route. They have enough fans to at least explore that option.

That is the most important question

Not really. Here's the important questions....

1. What is the meaning of life?

2. Who really shot JFK?

3. Why did the New England Patriots sign Tim Tebow?

4. Why are the Sevco such stupid cnuts?

I think I have therefore proved beyond all reasonable doubt that Bomber seeing the deeds isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose it would help if the people who controlled the assets required to create a football club, or their representatives, were willing to sell.

All I've seen over the past year or two is fans putting their hands in their pockets while suits, some of whom are responsible for killing oldco, come out with honeyed words of assurance or squabble like kids over that highly lucrative piece of ass that is the Rangers brand.

It's obviously someone at it, best ignored.

Bit unfair. I'm only calling it as I see it. I've had a good read back and it doesn't appear unusual for relative newcomers to get stick and have their credentials questioned but you more than most, seem to dismiss every new kid as being some sort of impostor or alias of a banned poster. Is it some sort of P&B initiation? or are you all just so precious of your wee clique?

I heard this was a fun board but this forum seems full of all sorts of the bitter and twisted. I'm a Rangers fan who believes we will survive our current problems and rise to the top again. I attend as many games as I can and will continue to do so, even if the team was full of kids and we lost the odd game. No one can deny Rangers belong at the top level of our game, our fan base is massive, so it is inevitable. The others are having their bit of fun at our expense now but even they know that's not going to last, no matter how much they try to cling on to anything that looks like it will prolong it. Lighten up and remember who we are. :)

Why do you think it's correct that one club should be given preference over the others?

(if you are just being a cvnt, fair enough, don't bother replying.)

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

"Part time poster, you're just a part-time poster"

"Where were you when it was shit? Where were you when it was shit?" :lol:

Welcome back, Gaz, and put some effort in, man. We need pics, gifs, witty banter. You know the drill.

I know, I know. I've let myself and the team down.

Don't worry I'm up to the task to turn it around

Edited by Gaz FFC

Without Rangers, the top league of Scotland will only ever be one by one club and often by a considerable margin. How long before that scenario totally destroys Scottish football? Ok, a two horse race may not be ideal and fears of Armageddon so far seem unfounded but you seriously can't believe Scottish football will flourish without a strong Rangers at the forefront.

You seem not to understand that to everyone with an interest in Scottish football who is not a follower of Celtic or Rangers, both teams are looked at as one. It doesn't matter if Celtic win 10 in a row, it's as good to the rest as Rangers winning it every other year.

Edited by Ross.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. CEO announced at AGM that there would have to be cost cutting this season and now he's attempting to implement those cuts. There will be no admin, he is just being prudent whilst seeking out the levels of investment/sponsorship that a club of Rangers' size needs to progress to the level it should be at. Everyone I know agrees we don't need to be paying out the wages we are for the level we are at. If we had had a half decent manager, it would have made a massive difference.

So the players have not immediately agreed to a pay cut, don't believe it has been rejected out of hand btw. Something will be negotiated with the players. FWIF I don't think an across the board per cent cut is fair on the young boys as they are not on the huge wages. The big earners take a bigger cut. Anyway a solution will be found to balance the books and get the club through, no worries.

We have a big lead and will easily finish top this season. Even after the necessary and temporary cost cutting, the team will be too strong for The Championship next season, although it may be wise to bring a new 'assistant' in to 'help' Ally (don't think binning him an option). I'm sure by this time next year, our commercial side will be doing a lot better and I don't see crowds dipping dangerously even with a price hike.

With the bunch of slobbering dafties on here last night, you'd think there was something seriously wrong. Fkg mentalists. :shutup

ETA seriously instead of serious for the pedantic fkwits.

You complained about someone calling you a halfwit. You don't even know what a 'mentalist' is, do you?