Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In DB's defence, it is the ''team - Rangers'' that gives it away...............

DhenBhoy doesn't have a defence. Nor do you.

The assumption that all Rangers fans are stupid - which is what I believe you are asserting - is complete hogwash.

I know that your preconceptions are the norm, but they are untrue.

I repeat. DhenBhoy has no defence.

Being one of theirs, I understand his stance. To a point.

He's not one of US, obviously......

Ok I'll humour you. I think it was misguided to make such a sweeping generalisation that you are not stupid, when your posts suggest otherwise. For example the one one about engaging me in commentary.

I would suggest you meant engaging me in conversation.

I have plenty to discuss, first and foremost the points I raised earlier, that the visiting Rangers fans have ignored... Please discuss with me, your opinion on:

Why the governing body changed their rule book as rangers plc was drawing its last breath, to suddenly separate a club from the company? Do you believe it was a business decision as they could not survive without their cut of Ibrox gate receipts during cup games? After all they didn't change the rules when other clubs went down the same route. (My opinion is that they shat themselves at the possibility of losing a minimum of four us v them fixtures per annum. Nothing more, nothing less).

Why was RFFf set up to help fund the club, why was it set up to give money to D&P to help finance the club? As apparently the club doesn't need it, it was the company in admin? (I can't give you a straight answer, as I'm not an "insider" and couldn't give a damn about the RFFF. WATP and pride are the only mitigating circumstances I can offer)

Did you hold a red card up to liquidation, (NO)why did the rangers fans do this, if they knew that it was a company that would be liquidated... Why were they demonstrating against a company being liquidated? ( Pride. Nothing more, nothing less. As a Jag, I'm sure you'll understand this sentiment. After all, you too almost went down the tubes. At least, less than we did).

If you can answer these in an honest fashion, then I take back what I said, and most likely herald you as the most intelligent bear on here...

But to get there, your reply will probably have to start

Look, hands up, 2 years ago there was no such thing as separate club and company, you know it, we know it, but the governing body changed their rules so we are clinging onto that....

Answers as above. In brackets.

A. Do I get some credibility back?

B. Am I still rated as stupid?

Please note that the comments of On our way back may not reflect the traditional response of the typical Sevconian Orc.

Listen, I appreciate your honesty, especially admitting the rule book was changed to keep you alive,. As you suggest, without that rule change, there would be no rangers.

I take it you can entertain the plastics & diddies (as we are so wittily named) frustration at what would appear to be a stacked deck. Of course I use frustration in its strongest sense. Damn right fuckin outrage would be closer to the truth. As in changing the rules to suit and save a club, who had been so atrociously managed from a financial perspective, removes what would be deemed as competition, in its very form.

How can any team compete with a Rangers, knowing that the governing bodies are willing to secretly change their rules to save them from the correct path.

With that, I take back my hmmmm comment, it was, if you will, playing to the gallery. A Bennett tactic, and I'm ashamed I stooped to such a level.

So we're up to 9,298,105 views on the Big Thread. This is more than twice the population of Sotland. Not bad interest for a new club,

I will say it again. You're only here for The Rangers.

Still fighting the good fight i see T_K... ;)

Super Salary needs £30m..... :lol:

Dig deep bears......REAL deep.

:lol:

ALLY McCOIST reckons Rangers can be Scottish title contenders in two years – if funding is found to replace £30million-worth of lost talent.

On the second anniversary of the Ibrox club’s crash into administration, the manager spoke of his vision for the club.

McCoist is adamant his team can be back in the top flight and battling for top honours by this time in 2016.

He said: “If we get investment and funding, then I’d be very hopeful that we’d obviously be in the top league and that we’d also have a better chance of bringing in the quality of player to hopefully enable us to compete at the top level in the top league.

“It’s difficult to put a figure on it, impossible. “But if you lose, maybe, in the region of £30m worth of players if you combine them all in Steven Whittaker, Nikica Jelavic, Steve Davis, Allan McGregor and all these boys, I would think it certainly needs to get replaced.

“I’m not saying £30m is the figure at all, but that’s roughly what we’ve lost.

“Some will argue it might be more than that and some might say a little bit less, but my point is you can’t lose that, not replace it and expect to compete at the top level.”

For the time being, McCoist knows short-term issues have to be addressed – lack of a scouting network for a start.

McCoist had another meeting with chief executive Graham Wallace last night trying to clarify a variety of matters, while he also confirmed a dismissal of continued rumours of a second administration.

He said: “He [Wallace] has categorically told me that will not be the case. He told me once and if that changed he would have told me otherwise.

“He told me that’s not the case and that’s good enough for me.

“I’ve been invited to board meetings, which I look forward to, to discuss football, discuss first team, discuss Under-20s, discuss the youths at Murray Park and all of that will be brought up.

“There are a lot of things that need to be brought to the table, such as scouting which needs addressed imminently, particularly now as we are heavily into the rebuilding process for the club, short, middle and long-term.

“If we’ve not got a scouting department, which we don’t have, then that is plainly far from ideal.

“It’s absolutely staggering we don’t have a scouting department but I have to say, through no fault of Graham or anyone on the board.

“But it is our problem which needs addressed.”

McCoist is without first-choice centre-backs Lee McCulloch and Bilel Moshni at Ayr today and could replace them with kids Luca Gasparotto and Craig Halkett.

He said: “The two boys at Under-20 level have been doing really well.

“We’ve got the other option of Emilson Cribari coming back in or Sebastian Faure going in at right centre-back and Richard Foster coming in at right-back.

“But it’s not ideal having our two centre-backs missing.”

Looks like life's losers are about to be bent over and arsefucked for their soft-earned cash over the next couple of years.

Tremendous.

:)

So we're up to 9,298,105 views on the Big Thread. This is more than twice the population of Sotland. Not bad interest for a new club,

I will say it again. You're only here for The Rangers.

Pedants corner. Scotland's population was recently said to be 5.5M. Wikipedia has it at 5.2M. It will hopefully fall if there is a YES vote when some Unionists f**k off to Wales or NI .

I am definitely only here for The Rangers. It's the BRALT, after all. It's been great fun, although I will admit to a certain ennui concerning the slow pace of events recently. However, I am confident that some enjoyable news will arrive soon enough.

Manchester didn't have the same panache as the Normandy Invasion but the destruction was similar ..

Edit: Sorry that was the old club's fans .. do we carry their crimes over to the new club or is the slate clean?

Bit of a dilemma for the "ha ha, you're deid" brigade. They should really give up going about what big bad Rangers did before two years ago. :D

Super Salary needs £30m..... :lol:

Dig deep bears......REAL deep.

He says that £30m has been lost, maybe a bit of perspective here and stick to whats actually been said.

I wonder if we'll see a new scouting sysytem in place?

Still fighting the good fight i see T_K... ;)

Aye, nil carborundum big yin. Are you off to the seaside today?

Pedants corner. Scotland's population was recently said to be 5.5M. Wikipedia has it at 5.2M. It will hopefully fall if there is a YES vote when some Unionists f**k off to Wales or NI .

I am definitely only here for The Rangers. It's the BRALT, after all. It's been great fun, although I will admit to a certain ennui concerning the slow pace of events recently. However, I am confident that some enjoyable news will arrive soon enough.

Honestly cyber-bloke I don't know if this deserves a red for your expression of detestation towards we unionists and your hope for ethnic cleansing in the new-Balkanised Britain or to give you a green for apposite use of 'ennui'. Great word.

Edited by The_Kincardine

In other news, Alan Archibald claims that it will take 30 million quid for thistle to challenge for the title.

Read Mondays soar away sun to find out how much Aberdeen need.....

No? Just rangers.

Oh, I don't know, Dave. Give Killie 30 million and I reckon we'd have a better chance than rangers. Even after paying off between 7 and 9 million debt:

We are already in the top league - far from a given for the Tribute Act.

TTOP, while not in the best of shape, costs less to run and maintain than Mordor.

And we don't have a complete buffoon selecting signings or picking the team.

Here's Youngsy's take on RFFF...

My contact lenses are getting a wee bit dry, how many times does he mention the company?

Or "ra pee ell see"?

That would be here:

That isn't the club name,Rangers Football Club Plc. is the clubs name. If we went into pre-pack administration then the club may very well be re-named Glasgow Rangers,if we go into adminstration down the CVA route then the club will still trade as Rangers Football Club plc. as for mortgaging season ticket money this was mentioned as far back as August.

Oh, dear, oh dear.

Nice work, Dave. I'm assuming you took inspiration from the P&B sleuth's continual slagging of us P&Ds' previous posts, but with the unusual addition of, you guessed it, actual proof.

So, youngsy, if the opinions of former players, managers, executives and staff of the club aren't good enough: if you can't trust the opinions of "biased, bigoted, and corrupt" or anti-rangers journalists: if the postings of "random bloggers" cannot sway you in your beliefs: If the pre-threat SFA stance cuts no ice with you: if the opinions of every Scottish fan bar those who have an emotional investment in something at ibrox count for nothing:

Surely you can take your own word for it?

Somebody tell Tedi it's safe to come back - there's a berr who can fúck up even more spectacularly than him. Believe me, I never thought I'd find myself typing that.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie