Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

RIFC is not the club, if you care to remember Rangers Football Club PLC's old membership number was used for The Rangers Football Club Ltd (formerly Sevco Scotland until the name change of Rangers Football Club Ltd to RFC 2012 plc freed up the name of Rangers Football Club within the companies house register) to gain entry into the SFA when the old club became defunct. Sevco Scotland is owned by RIFC as an asset.

What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

Yes, granted. But surely the football authorities would be amenable to the transfer of licence and (mythical) club status from RFC to RIFC,making RIFC the 'club' then the RFC name could be changed to something like "diddy team fc" then RIFC could change to The Rangers FC. It's just swapping stuff around, I don't see any problem there if it's all done before any CVA or liquidation event........................or am I just being silly?

Yes, granted. But surely the football authorities would be amenable to the transfer of licence and (mythical) club status from RFC to RIFC,making RIFC the 'club' then the RFC name could be changed to something like "diddy team fc" then RIFC could change to The Rangers FC. It's just swapping stuff around, I don't see any problem there if it's all done before any CVA or liquidation event........................or am I just being silly?

They did change the legally bound preferred bidder to an unrelated company at the last minute so I don't see why any other switcheroos would be seen as silly.

I see it's being reported that the recent changes of director at the company who should own the old Ranger's assets are a desperate attempt by Rangers Inter to have the company wound up in order to stop Sir Craigy's legal claim.

When Sir Craig wins his case will the SFA allow the mythical club to be transferred again or does his life ban mean that the myth remains with Sevco Scotland but Sir Craigy gets the rest right down to the Queen toasting slever bowl?

Tick Tock.

Edited by stonedsailor

From the Sun

Rangers are on the verge of kicking out Craig Whyte's massive legal claim against them - by CLOSING the firm he used to sue them. Gers' legal advisors are locked in a battle with the disgraced ex-owner for control of Sevco 5088 Ltd - the company he used to launch his damages action.

Fighting over a sinking ship.

I guess that's more money away from the club in legal fees.

@ClydeSSB: Ally McCoist says he's been assured £1.5mil loan is part of the business plan and doesn't fear money running out or another administration.

Is the business plan ensuring he doesn't take that promised wage cut?

oops predictive text is a bugger.

Weird, my predictive text suggests words that actually exist.

Anyway, if I was Stirling Albion I would turn up at Ibrox on 9th March and claim you read it in the paper that you were playing some team called Rangers.

From the Sun

Rangers are on the verge of kicking out Craig Whyte's massive legal claim against them - by CLOSING the firm he used to sue them. Gers' legal advisors are locked in a battle with the disgraced ex-owner for control of Sevco 5088 Ltd - the company he used to launch his damages action.

Fighting over a sinking ship.

I guess that's more money away from the club in legal fees.

If they are so confident Sir Craigy has no legal claim the why try to close the company why not let him take them to court?

No smoke without fire.

Tick Tock