Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Have we ever had O-Levels in Scotland?

I think there were Lowers alongside Highers in the distant past.

Then we had O-Grades, which I sat during their 80s death throes.

Standard Grades then got a decent run, until just last year.

I'm not sure about O-Levels ever being part of the Scottish set up though. We need to ask Youngsy I suppose.

No you don't. O-Levels were/are an English thingy. HTH :)

Ps. They were by all accounts, easier to attain than the Scottish O-Grade.

No you don't. O-Levels were/are an English thingy. HTH :)

Ps. They were by all accounts, easier to attain than the Scottish O-Grade.

There were definitely some O-levels (and maybe some A-levels too) offered in some Scottish secondary schools because there was no O-Grade equivelant.

The subjects escape me and I can't be arsed looking for them.

There were definitely some O-levels (and maybe some A-levels too) offered in some Scottish secondary schools because there was no O-Grade equivelant.

I had to use the English A Level syllabus for my Higher Engineering Drawing (and their syllabus was more involved than that required for the Higher).

Anyway, back on topic.

How much pocket money have the bearz got left?

Edited by Bookies Love Me

DA ya arse. the hoi polloi is a phrase of redundancy like "PIN Number".

Seeing, though, as I am not a quibbling chunt you caught me bang to rights, so have a Charles. How're you doing anyway?

I've edited this to say something else. You mentioned "O-Level Greek". Back before most of you were born I did O-Grades. They can't now do O-Levels in Scotland, Shirley?

I didn't actually do Greek (nae sniggering from the anally fixated) at the school but did do New Testament Greek/Koine Greek at Yoonie. NT Greek is 'rougher' than the Greek of Aristotle and Plato.

I hate to say it but you're right. :o It was O-Grades back in the 70s and it was t'English that did O-Levels. All these years I've thought I had O-Levels. I feel dirty, somehow.

BTW Latin was the dead language of choice for us left-footers at 'the ecedemy' in Dundee.

Some Scottish state schools simply chose to offer A- Levels in lots of 'regular' subjects at various points too.

I sat my exams during the transition period. Standard Grades were a new fangled thing in 1989, so I think i have a 7 O's and 3 S's or something of that ilk. What the hell are they called now?

I started Standard Grade courses, but they were halted by the teachers' strike action. We therefore sat O-Grades, but got given Standard Grade type levels ie. 1-6 as opposed to A-E. Nobody had told us this would be the case so we had to read the accompanying leaflet when the envelope arrived to work out what all those numbers meant.

As of this year, National 4s and National 5s will replace Standard Grades and Intermediates 1 and 2 which have been here since around the turn of the century.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Apparently every single payment from the club now has signed off by Graham Wallace personally. Even the smaller, normally incidental sums. Could be what is causing the delays in payments.

David Brent was forced by his boss to instigate something similar in a bid to reduce the need for redundancies.

He also went and hired a new PA though.

Bit like staying at Turnberry or Carnoustie I suppose.

Aye Stranraer is replete with 5* hotels. He'd not know which one to choose.

The Northwest Castle is a very fine establishment, although it's perhaps seen slightly better days. I had my lunch in the curling lounge there just last Sunday.

There's also a nice one at Portpatrick, the name of which now escapes me. Rangers stayed there when playing Stranraer in the League Cup in the early 90s.

Out working at the moment but looking forward to tomorrows game against Stenhousemuir. I am not so sure i am looking forward to the drive down to stranraer on Tuesday night lol

We've already discussed this No8.

It's a lovely drive down the A77. In fact Chic Young was raving about it last week in a column in a paper.

In the same column, it quoted Stockbridge as being impressed that Stranraer got by on £80,000 a year. It turns out that the daft b*****d though it was £80,000 per player, per year.

2m6x261.jpg

Anyone guess why the bears are fizzing?

Is it because they've got to buy a programme for a chance of winning, and the vast majority of the "global family" couldn't point to Glasgow on a map, let alone ibrox?

Or is it because they're too thick to realise that they'd go quite well with his International kit?