Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The second ticket was for my son and then youngest daughter. He is 18 and has other interests at the moment(women) and my daughter is 8 and was going to so few games it was a waste of a ticket. My mate bought the seat so it is there if they want it in the future.

I agree but the argument is usually McCoist never gave youth players a chance. That is simply not true.

I know i am an 'Eejit'. I don't need anybody else to tell me that. I know they are relying on our blind loyalty to cash in on. I am hoping there is somebody out there who is just waiting for the share price to hit a certain level and then they can move in and buy the club relatively cheaply.

I think you get it more than the others. I love going to the football and i know nothing will ever come close to matching what i get out of watching Rangers no matter how good the football is. I also go and watch Man City and was fortunate enough to be there on Monday night. The football , especially in the 2nd half, was a joy to watch and i cheered all 3 City goals but if i am being honest i cheered both Kris Boyds goals louder and with more feeling the next night against Queens Park. Without Rangers ......well i am not going to get all sentimental but it would just never be the same.

8 my experience cheering on ICT does give me another perspective, whether I actually "get it" or not is another issue. I do understand the desperation to keep the memory of a club alive in another entity and I can see that you know in your heart that everything that was Rangers died with the CVA rejection.

You are clinging to habits, your matchday rituals to keep the memory alive. That's why Sevco Scotland employed Fat Salary to drum up support, that's why former players keep being linked to or signed, to give you something familiar to relate to old Rangers.

Look deep inside, would Rangers, the real Rangers treat you this way?

Even Bill McMurdo has started to smell the coffee. Although he can't bring himself to talk about The Rangers without dragging in the Other Lot.

Big Fish No More

Grim news out of Ibrox with the sticking plaster solution to Rangers’ cash flow problems.

My understanding is that the monies raised – hopefully, it has to be said – from the rights issue will only take the club limping along till Christmas, when new funding will be desperately required.

It appears that the attempts by Charles Green to procure a different and vastly more lucrative funding option have either hit the buffers or been knocked back by the board.

The inside word I am hearing is that things are not good and that Admin 2 is a real possibility. This could be a fatal blow at worst or at least one that severely cripples the club for years to come.

Those who withheld their custom to teach the board a lesson may just have to learn one themselves pretty soon.

That lesson is how to learn to support another team.

Celtic fans need not crow over this latest development at Ibrox.

They are waking up to the realities at the Co-op Dome, where millions in CL and transfer riches appear to have been magicked away.

Those expecting the board to authorise a spending spree have had their hopes turn to dust so often and for so long that they are no longer susceptible to the stupefying propaganda which proclaims Celtic as richer than Croesus.

The fact is, Celtic are nowhere near as wealthy as the complicit media in Scotland has hoodwinked gullible hoops fans into believing.

These fans are seeing for themselves what I have been telling them for a long while. That is that the player pool at Parkhead is getting substantially weaker in quality season upon season.

And they are asking the question: If our club is banking all this money, where is it?

The irony is that many Celtic fans are still self-righteously lambasting Rangers fans for not asking this very question of the RFC board during the SDM years.

Of course, having Rangers and Celtic supporters embroiled in the ceaseless hostilities suits those who would prefer these fans engaged in tribal warfare rather than ask the probing questions they should be asking.

These questions should, in fact, be asked by every football fan in Scotland, not just by those who support the Old Firm.

The reality is that Scottish football is dying a long, slow, painful death.

Rather than engage in the eternal one upmanship and the “Youse are worse aff than us” mentality, Rangers and Celtic need to realise that they are no longer the big clubs they once were.

It might not be what people want to hear but I have no papers to sell or seats to fill so I can say it.

In financial terms and increasingly in football terms, Rangers and Celtic are minnows in British football, let alone European football.

And the outlook is bleak.

Fans are no longer conned. The need by clubs to paint a rosy picture is now just insulting to those who dig deep to support their team. The truth has to be faced.

Scottish football needs leadership, not control freakery and short-term fixes based on self-interest.

What chance of finding strong, visionary leaders in this wee narrow-minded backwater?

Awrabest with that.

Is Graham Wallace still taking his £310k bonus. Google is telling me some info has been removed due to the data protection act when I typed in Graham Wallace bonus. Strange? 1st time I've seen that. I was looking because a SEVCO fan on the herald comments said it had been approved. Is that really what they need 4mill for? Directors bonuses? Really?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/rangers-fans-attack-board-over-shares-bid.25188440

Edited by K Dodd

8 my experience cheering on ICT does give me another perspective, whether I actually "get it" or not is another issue. I do understand the desperation to keep the memory of a club alive in another entity and I can see that you know in your heart that everything that was Rangers died with the CVA rejection.

You are clinging to habits, your matchday rituals to keep the memory alive. That's why Sevco Scotland employed Fat Salary to drum up support, that's why former players keep being linked to or signed, to give you something familiar to relate to old Rangers.

Look deep inside, would Rangers, the real Rangers treat you this way?

:lol:

Ok Ok maybe you don't get it

Just catching up on this. So they need 20-30 million over the next few years but 4 million will do now, smacks of "any spare change mate".

The upside is we might see this guy make another show stopping appearance.

Its not that 4 million will do, its all they can legally raise under EU law without doing a proper share issue (prospectus etc), which they can't afford.

Not really sure how they plan to afford this in 6/12 months time if they can't afford it now, but thats the plan.

Its not that 4 million will do, its all they can legally raise under EU law without doing a proper share issue (prospectus etc), which they can't afford.

Not really sure how they plan to afford this in 6/12 months time if they can't afford it now, but thats the plan.

They would need to get a 'proper' Issue passed at the AGM anyroads, so just now is a no go regardless of 'cost'.

There have been various calls to close this thread in the past. I see no need. The title is just as relevant now as it was when the thread started two and a half years ago. The fact that it's a different 'Rangers' is immaterial, although it could be changed to 'The Wee Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread' 8)

Keep laughing and carry on.

Bearz naw happy at getting beat 2-1 after 40 odd minutes :D

They are terrible to watch :D , it's compulsive viewing.

Sorry Bing but I'm enjoying the match :) , just waiting for number 3 for Queens and then watch the fans reaction never mind the match seeing them go into meltdown mode. :lol:

No going so good just now. :(

Edited by hellbhoy

:) , still enjoyable.

They have to win this though, any points dropped and it is 'tattie' to the League come the 22/11 when they get pumped at Tynie.

That's if they live that long.

Any admin event if it is properly done will savage the Rangers squad of all it's best and highest paid players, they could well tumble down the league by both a penalty points deduction and being left with a squad of young inexperienced players. Worst case scenario they get relegated along with another points deduction next season if they are still in admin and then the death of another Rangers FC.

If this plays out slowly to strangle the club it will be even more worse for the Rangers fans rather than seeing the Grim Reaper decapitating within weeks. :)

At what point will the cheering for Super Ally / Fat Sally to stay and continue his captain of the Titanic leadership be louder and more supportive from the laughing non Rangers support than the United Splinter Groups of Rangers mobs......

Reporting Scotland had a piece just on about some sort of protest at the Rangers game today.

Of slightly more concern was the camera shot after interviewing that Houston bloke (or whatever he's called), which showed someone holding a large Union Jack flag - with a white National Front logo (a cojoined N & F) as a centre piece.