Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Image rights and intellectual property can be bought and sold.

There is a good probability the club will be nothing more than pieces of paper once the spivs divvy out the profitable parts amongst each other whilst at the same time lumping all the debt onto the club.

Even if the club eventually or possibly gets liquidated the new owner of the club could in theory have no fucking image for the club but to have it licensed back to the club for a fee.

I had a feeling ages ago the spivs do not care one iota about this incarnation of the club and even if they run it into the ground, the next owner to reform or resurrect the club cannot call themselves "The Rangers Football Club Ltd" other than pay for the privilege from some other source or have to rename the club under another guise until it can buy the image rights back to be same club.

Right.....

So for those of us who have no idea what that means....

Did I not try to explain the way betting odds work a few months or so ago?

Or have you forgotten what i wrote?

I'm sure you could go back and find the post, and study it again.

I do not think there is any basis for saying that ownership would transfer to Ashley, in my experience any such agreement would be ripped up in the event of liquidation, a lawyer would advise transference of ownership with a clause allowing Rangers to continue to use the brand for other purposes not related to retail, then ownership could not be disputed.

The only mention of IP refers purely to the license, it says nothing about transfer of ownership clauses or any other such speculation.

In your experience?

Nobody is saying he is due this money, the only think that was determined today was that Rangers may well have an issue paying it should it be proved that he is.

I get that. As I said, that's what I understood the situation to be from last time.

It doesn't explain however, why aspects of today's evidence appeared to address the strength of the claim, as well as Rangers' capacity to meet it in future.

Oh i know about the admin but on the 7/5 thing i'm still none the wiser.

5 chances of Hearts winning the league for every 7 chances of them losing. So, out of 12 chances, they have 5 to win. That's a 42.5% chance of winning the league (5/12ths).

With Rangers likely to drop points for a negative financial event and Hearts looking like they might win outright anyway, it really is like buying money. You can lump on now and then, if things go pear-shaped for Hearts, lay off against them - and still make loadsamoney.

In your experience?

Yes, am I not allowed to have any?

^^^

Has plenty of experience of making a cnut of it and then defending his pish making him look even more stoopid. :lol:

Edut fhur blhad glamma

Edited by hellbhoy

They addressed the fact that he had a claim, the strength of it was not examined at all from what I can see.

I'm sure you're right. The BBC report says something similar.

I was just curious as to why a hand written letter from Green promising a fortune was put forward by Ahmad today. I'd have thought the onus would have been entirely on Rangers, to establish that insolvency could be considered in no way imminent.

Christ. Even i feel a bit sorry for them, here. Better if this was all done humanely, rather than this dragged-out death of a thousand cuts.

Stay resolute, fr. Do not let emotions or sympathy enter your thoughts on this. They deserve everything they get...........and more.

You betcha.............. 8)

I'm sure you're right. The BBC report says something similar. I was just curious as to why a hand written letter from Green promising a fortune was put forward by Ahmad today. I'd have thought the onus would have been entirely on Rangers, to establish that insolvency could be considered in no way imminent.

I took it that the letter was relevant in establishing the amount. As others have said, pretty sure there was nothing decided today about the likelihood of Ahmeds claim succeeding

So Rangers have £1.2 million in cash, but can't spend £620,000 of it as it is ring fenced. It will be four weeks before the case is heard whether Ahmed is actually entitled to this money or not. Will this lack of £600,000 over the next four weeks prove fatal?

Guest Back Post Misses

The whole thing has been all about spin and a pretty unsophisticated version of it, at that.

The promised land is very distant for Rangers.

Top flight income would be better, but not to nearly a big enough extent.

The income from European qualification could be decent, but again not nearly enough to offset current losses.

It would take CL qualification to generate what's needed, but that would require expenditure they'll be in no position to meet in the meantime.

As for debt-free claims, a child could see through them. Rangers are largely debt free because nobody will lend them money. To present the hitherto failure to repay the small amounts loaned by insiders as a looming triumph is surely insulting in the extreme.

Utter rubbish about being debt free. They will owe creditors money. From the flourists to the taxi firms, from the pie provider to the newsagents to the guy who prints the programme.

As usual if this goes tits up again the collateral damage will be utterly disgraceful. All I have heard all week is Rangers fans willing it to go into admin and to f**k with creditors.

Edited by Back Post Misses

As usual if this goes tits up again the collateral damage will be utterly disgraceful. All I have heard all week is Rangers fans willing it to go into admin and to f**k with creditors.

They didn't care about all the small business's last time and the second time will be no different.