Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why should I be afraid?You don't know my voting intentions, but it would appear that you're pretty dreadful at guessing.Regardless of what I'd wish to happen however, the result will be a relatively resounding no.

I disagree, it could go either way but I don't either side will have a resounding win. I think it's very close now.

I do not see a lot of substance in that article, the crux of it seems to be about Ashley propelling Rangers back to champions league football and selling for a huge profit, while coining it in from the retail division.

To do this he would have to invest serious capital into the club, make wholesale changes and communicate his intentions to the fans, I do not see him doing any of this, he seems content dabbling with the retail arm, it would be too much risk.

He needs to have a club to have a retail division. He could get it cheap out of admin.

I think the daily record just make stuff up at times.

But on Friday, after hearing claims that Rangers were becoming wealthy and were the "envy of English premiership sides" for their financial position, Lord Stewart ruled that there was still a "risk" of the Glasgow side becoming insolvent.

I mean who is honestly saying this!

So Rangers have £1.2 million in cash, but can't spend £620,000 of it as it is ring fenced. It will be four weeks before the case is heard whether Ahmed is actually entitled to this money or not. Will this lack of £600,000 over the next four weeks prove fatal?

if you see an entire first team squad walking along the M8 to the next away game , then , yes is probably the answer. :lol:

I do not see a lot of substance in that article, the crux of it seems to be about Ashley propelling Rangers back to champions league football and selling for a huge profit, while coining it in from the retail division.

To do this he would have to invest serious capital into the club, make wholesale changes and communicate his intentions to the fans, I do not see him doing any of this, he seems content dabbling with the retail arm, it would be too much risk.

No me neither, i don't think they're as au fait with the situation as some of us obsessives. ;)

Was just slightly interesting to see a Geordie view on his Rangers involvement.

I enjoyed the analogy from Kincardine (and other fans) of how The Rangers were actually still the same Rangers much like Rolls Royce were the same Rolls Royce after their 1971 financial difficulties.

Aye, I recall the RR evening with great affection. Normally, when a Gers fan says something challenging the Diddies align with the Plastics. The delightful thing about those 4 pages of shite was that The Diddies kept schtum apart form Nhorman - the Plastic's own wee dhiddy.

Speaking of recidivistic ignoramuses, whatever happened to Boss Hogg who was fielding the pom poms in cheer-leading style through the RR debacle? Has the corpulent, racist, bigoted Sellick fan been Keithed again?

Now. I can't wait to hear which iconic company / brand died twice but is still the same.....

Hmmmmmmm you are pushing me now, china. Obviously I googled something like, "Global brands who went tits up not once but twice but whom every c**t in the world loves just as they do The Rangers"

The nearest I could find was Polaroid - whose corporate history is even more torrid than ours. The difference is that one of us is an outdated dinosaur whose glory years are fondly remembered but whose future is in severe jeopardy. The other is called.........(insert name of your choice) ;)