Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not reading back through pages of this car crash but my 2 cents is that it looks like Ashley might have played a total blinder here.

The Rangers fans are wanting action after the Sarver bid was rightfully rejected but there's nothing King can do short of calling an EGM.

If the EGM takes place and Llambias and Leech are removed from the board then Ashley can then demand his loans back and put Rangers International into administration. King can't touch Ashley's men or Ashley will pull the plug and King will have lost all his money.

King is under pressure to act but what does he do next? Will he and the 3 bears put yet more of their own money into the club in loans and potentially risk losing it all when Ashley calls in his loans, or will he cut his losses and go back to Ashley for some money and hand him yet more of the club's assets.

Either way, it doesn't look like it matters. King has lost. He was completely ragdolled by a far better businessman.

FWIW I think Rangers International will go into administration soon so Ashley can sidestep the debt. A favourable administrator will be appointed who will hand what's left of the family jewels all over to Ashley.

Well played.

Yes, its clear from our attendances that a large number of fans have decided to now vote with their feet.

Pish football on the park and a bunch of sleekit bast*rds running amok in the boardroom, the support is fed up with it and has decided to make a stand.

Said on here before that I'll continue to go, but I don't blame them for one minute. The loyalty of the fans (and their hard earn cash) over the last couple of years has been taken for granted by these pirates.

Every effort should now be focussed on trying to get f*ckin shot of them.

None of which has ever mattered a fúck to the average berr if the results kept coming.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

So what was this "Rangers need £x by Monday or it's Admin 2" the radio was on about at the tail end of last week - a load of pish considering they're rejecting £20m of investment?

I reckon if Rangers don't get promoted, Mike Ashley will push the big red button, call in the collections and that will be that. There is nothing really that any of the board or fans can do to get rid of Ashley or Llambias now. The club is utterly fucked either way.

The vast majority of Rangers fans are glad Sarver did not see his bid given any serious consideration, they saw him as a plant or a diversion, so not sure where you are getting this from? RM? if so then FF is a much truer representation of how fans feel, it has far more members and a 16 page thread rejecting Sarver.

A few fans were on the news demanding answers.

BBC's McLaughlin has said that an EGM will happen and King will win because he has the most support among the shareholders.

An EGM might happen but I don't see King getting control.

If Ashley feels he is losing then all he needs to do is ask for his loans back, and the money people have put in is gone. Rangers International has no list of assets to divide up amongst the shareholders.

Even if King is OK with the gamble of Ashley's administration, the threat will surely put other shareholders off voting against Ashley, Rangers fans or not.

What's the point in an EGM?

A few fans were on the news demanding answers.

BBC's McLaughlin has said that an EGM will happen and King will win because he has the most support among the shareholders.

An EGM might happen but I don't see King getting control.

If Ashley feels he is losing then all he needs to do is ask for his loans back, and the money people have put in is gone. Rangers International has no list of assets to divide up amongst the shareholders.

Even if King is OK with the gamble of Ashley's administration, the threat will surely put other shareholders off voting against Ashley, Rangers fans or not.

What's the point in an EGM?

As mentioned further up the board, what would be the point of MA plunging Rangers into administration again? Why would he get involved in a project so meddlesome and fraught with difficulties, just to make a small return (in comparison with his other business interests) on what would be left of the club?

There are a few fans that wanted to see Sarver in but the vast majority did not.

I do not think King wants control.

His loans are not that much, between them King and T3B have previously offered £16.5M in the way of investment.

The point to an EGM is to change the board I imagine, that board can then vote through one of the funding packages that to my knowledge have not been withdrawn.

How much has Ashley loaned them? Is it at £5 million now?

If so the 3 bears have spent out of their £16.5 million buying shares? add that to what Ashley is due and that pot has dwindled with more loans needed between now and the next ST sale / share issue......... it doesn't bide well

The vast majority of Rangers fans are glad Sarver did not see his bid given any serious consideration, they saw him as a plant or a diversion, so not sure where you are getting this from? RM? if so then FF is a much truer representation of how fans feel, it has far more members and a 16 page thread rejecting Sarver.

ETA, there is actually around 11 threads on FF all negative in comment, there was also a poll with only 12% wanting him to succeed....the fans do not want action.

This is certainly true. They are a bunch of moronic bigots.

Haven't seen the clip on SSN yet, but from Rangers News... I would have liked to have heard more..

''Phoenix knight Robert Sarver hits out at the Rangers board and reveals: I told them not to sell Lewis Macleod

The American tycoon gives his first interview and insists he’d have been good for the club.

Pheonix knight Robert Sarver has tonight revealed Rangers flogged Lewis Macleod the day after he had urged them to keep their best players.

The American financier earlier today ended his interest in the club after they had knocked back his £20million offer.

Sarver hit out at the board for refusing to come to the table for proper discussions.

And he also claimed a condition of his first offer – made earlier this month – was they couldn’t sell any of the promising youngsters.

But the very next day prized asset Macleod went to Brentford for just £850,000.

In an interview with Sky Sports News The Phoenix Suns chief said: "My first offer was to inject capital into the company on a long-term basis through a share issue. That was £18m that was to go into the club.

“But also, as a part of the conditions for my first offer, I had in it that they couldn’t sell any players. Then, the day after I submitted the offer, they sold one of the more promising young players. So that deal was kind of crushed."

Sarver then made another offer, which was rejected this morning.

He added: “My second offer that I came back with tried to give them more flexibility. So what I agreed to do was loan £6.5m to help with the short term cash flow issues and then give the board discretion to sell me between £16m and £20m of equity as they saw fit so they could minimise the dilution if they wanted. Or they could sell me more shares and put more money in the club.

“But regardless my plan was to permanently capitalise the club over the next two to three years so it had the best chances to be successful in getting back to being one of the top two teams in the Scottish league.

"I’d have been good for Rangers. I’d have got them back on a firmer financial footing."

Edited by RedRob72

£5M? I thought it was £3M?

They purchased shares out of that £16.5M? really? You think they would have withdrawn the offer then...have they?

I thought it was 2 loans equalling £5 million

They stated they had £16.5 million to invest in shares when a new share offer came on track to the public, they spent nearly £3 million on shares so £13.5 million left, pay of Ashley £8,5 million left. Seeing as your team has been borrowing nearly £1 million a month, that money won't last long.

If they had more than £16.5 million to invest then why not offer the full value instead of paying Laxley

None of which has ever mattered a fúck to the average berr if the results kept coming.

That's partly true, results were everything against your mob, always have been, whether at Ibrox or that midden up Shettleston way.

Sarver also said "I hope for the sake of the club and the fans, who've been very warm and supportive towards me, that it works out. I wish the club and fans the best of luck. If they want my support in the future, then they only have to ask."

So, will they ask? Clearly the current BOD won't, but who knows what might happen over the next few days.

BTW, which school did he go to?

How much has Ashley loaned them? Is it at £5 million now?

If so the 3 bears have spent out of their £16.5 million buying shares? add that to what Ashley is due and that pot has dwindled with more loans needed between now and the next ST sale / share issue......... it doesn't bide well

No it's not £5million and i think you are jumping to conclusions with regards to their money, unless you have quotes from them spending money out of the £16.5m offer....