Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why ?

It's all true.

Much of it is true, but the strident tone is somewhat embarrassing, as is the use of the "Celtic supporters, faithful through and through line", in a publication designed to be taken seriously.

I'd also disagree with the assertion that the OF is no more.

ne0iq.jpg

They actually paid money (£1500) for this :lol:

:lol:

I actually thought it was a piss poor Follow Follow wind up but this shit is actually for real :lol:

Absolutely mind meltingly fucked in the head every last one of them. Brilliant all the same :lol:

ne0iq.jpg

They actually paid money (£1500) for this :lol:

What an absolute embarrassment. If Rangers fans are typified by their establishment, supremacist delusions, the Celtic support are embodied in this self-righteous, indignant claptrap.

As clubs, their entwined fuckwittery ensures that they will perpetually be - or at least until Rangers go bust again - two cheeks of the same arse. Hell mend the pair of them.

Today's 7am stock exchange announcement - Rangers reject Sarver's second offer because they don't believe it will get 75% approval at an EGM.

12 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", "RIFC" or the "Company")

Rejection of Possible Offer

The Board of Rangers has considered the revised possible offer from Robert Sarver (or a vehicle to be established and controlled by him) ("Mr Sarver") which Mr Sarver announced on 8 January.

The revised proposal by Mr Sarver was similar to his first proposal in the respect that it sought a placing of 100 million shares (to be priced at 20p in this proposal) ("Placing") which, would require the approval of shareholders (at least a 75% majority) at a general meeting. The Board of Rangers rejected the first proposal from Mr Sarver on 6 January on the basis that the Board felt it unlikely that the approval of shareholders holding sufficient shares would be forthcoming. Following receipt of the revised proposal from Mr Sarver, the Board has sought the views of a number of major shareholders on this revised proposal and has reached the same conclusion, namely that the resolution to approve the placing is unlikely to achieve the 75% majority required. Accordingly, once again, the Directors do not intend to hold the General Meeting which would be necessary to implement the revised proposal.

Ends

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

Tel: 0141 580 8647

David Somers

WH Ireland Limited

Tel: 020 7220 1666

Adrian Hadden / Paul Shackleton

Newgate Threadneedle

Tel: 020 7148 6143

Roddy Watt / Ed Treadwell

So why reject because they think the vote won't be approved, rather than just go ahead and see anyway?

Self preservation?

Cost of setting up and holding the vote?

I'm of the opinion that Sarver is working with Ashley and the bid was designed to be rejected.

So why reject because they think the vote won't be approved, rather than just go ahead and see anyway?

Self preservation?

Cost of setting up and holding the vote?

De j'a vous...

Probably best if we all head back to the beginnig of the thread and save ourselves a lot of repetition...

I wonder if Chucky Green is rounding up a consortium...

I'm of the opinion that Sarver is working with Ashley and the bid was designed to be rejected.

Fair enough, but to me, it seems like they want the guy to go away. Best way to prove that he's not wanted is to seek the opinion of all the shareholders, and if the 75% approval isn't achieved, that's more likely to kill his interest stone dead. Whereas if he's told "we're not even taking a vote, you're not in" is likely to keep him interested.

I think it's the cost thing that's stopping them going the whole hog and taking a vote.