Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It looks like I'm in a minority of one, that thinks this is actually not that bad news for SevcoRangersFranchise FC (SRF FC).

On the one hand, it could flush out 'RangersMen' triggering a takeover, on the other, SRF FC have gained valuable working capital, which might enable them to re-structure to a mors sustainable business model.

I'm pretty sure that Lloyds had a floating charge with DeadRangers (when they were still going), that could have crystalised against The Govan Shytyard, had it been required.

It's by no means clear what the end game is, but this wailing and gnashing of teeth, is a little too dramatic for my taste.

Yours

aDONis

It looks like I'm in a minority of one, that thinks this is actually not that bad news for SevcoRangersFranchise FC (SRF FC).

On the one hand, it could flush out 'RangersMen' triggering a takeover, on the other, SRF FC have gained valuable working capital, which might enable them to re-structure to a mors sustainable business model.

I'm pretty sure that Lloyds had a floating charge with DeadRangers (when they were still going), that could have crystalised against The Govan Shytyard, had it been required.

It's by no means clear what the end game is, but this wailing and gnashing of teeth, is a little too dramatic for my taste.

Yours

aDONis

This £10 million hasn't been accepted yet, has it?

This £10 million hasn't been accepted yet, has it?

I don't think so. There is still time for others to come in and help finance SevcoRangersFranchise FC.

I'm not even sure the figure (£10m) has been confirmed yet, so it could be less or more. The fact is that there is going to be some 'facility' that will allow SRF FC to continue trading, and if I were a Sevconian, I'd try to see this from a business point of view, not just an emotional.... BIGHOOSE cludgie kind of way.

Yours

aDONis

Simply keeping a firm grip and ensuring King and the Gummy Bears pay top dollar while he keeps the parts he wants?

Else:

He has that fucking much wealth .. he doesn't give a toss and is having a laugh after they tried shafting him ..

I'd prefer the latter ...

I'll stick with my pet theory that once upon a time Mike Ashley was having a nice relaxing soiree with a few pals when the ambience of the evening was disturbed by the entrance of some pissed-up Bears in full volume WATP mode and that he thought 'right,from now on I'll amuse myself by dedicating a few minutes each day to making life as shit as possible for you scummy twats'

I think we are watching a master class of how unscrupulous businessmen like Ashley work, providing a relatively small loan to a struggling business then gradually lending more, taking security over the assets, until everything the business owns is effectively owned by him, shutting out any prospective saviours. He can then use, or crush, the business as he sees fit.

Why would he want to crush it, after taking full control of the club?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30706619

from the 7th

Rangers have assured the Scottish Professional Football League that they are not heading for administration despite their current financial troubles.

Ibrox chief executive Derek Llambias was called to a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday to clarify the situation.

That followed news of a late tax bill and the club revealing they need more cash before the end of the month.

On Tuesday, Rangers rejected American Robert Sarver's £18m buy-out offer.

The banker was hoping to take over the club but Rangers International Football Club insisted his bid undervalued the Championship outfit.

On Monday, Rangers' football chairman Sandy Easdale loaned the club £500,000 to avoid a winding up order

In a statement to the Stock Exchange, the club also confirmed they require fresh funding by the end of January.

does this mean this was already on the table at this point ?

did Cockwomble know this was to happen ?

Adonis,

You'll find that there are a few of us who a see Ashleys involvement as a, potentially, positive long term outcome for the Blue Brigade. At least in their sustainability to compete at the top end of domestic leagues.

What seems to rile the knuckledraggers is the idea that, heaven forbid, anyone, other than thew club can make money from the marketing mix when they like to assume it all goes on big signings for their glory hunting.

They'll all be back once the leaner Sports Direct Rangers become a genuine challenger in the small pond that is Scottish Fitba.