Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I thought it was interesting that none of the Celtic bloggers were quoted, although a few were referred to and one specific Mad Phil article got highlighted. I'm just genuinely keen to learn what's been said in the last few days to prompt this statement.

Ms Haggerty was tweeting about a MacGilligans island article called the 'F word' blood festival, i assume that he's went over the score again.

Maybe you should google it up, as i haven't read it and can't tell you what was in it.

Genuine inquiry time: What are the examples of "hate speech and incitement of violence" which are referred to in the statement?

Signing "you let your club die", if we assume no.8's ludicrous line of 'thought' is also adopted by other bears.

RST statementhttp://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-concerns-over-upcoming-old-firm-game/

RST Concerns Over Upcoming Old Firm Game

The Rangers Supporters Trust wishes to express its concern at what we consider to be a clear attempt by some online elements of the Celtic support to incite trouble ahead of an Old Firm game which already has the potential to be a powder keg fixture.

We, along with the vast majority of the Rangers support, noted with some amusement the recent advert taken out by Celtic supporters in a once respected Sunday newspaper. However, what has followed makes us considerably more uneasy.

There is now no question that a hardcore element of the Celtic support are not content with the troubles which have plagued our club over the past few years. For them, Rangers Football Club, and by extension its fans, must cease to exist.

Whether this stems from an inferiority complex amongst part of a generation who had to live through Nine-In-A Row, or whether it is down to a more ingrained bigotry, a fierce football rivalry is not sufficient for these people. We are extremely concerned that the rhetoric and hatred spewed out by the likes of Phil MacGiollabhain, Angela Haggerty, Paul Brennan’s CQN website and others, is a deliberate attempt to try to stoke sectarian fires and incite violence at the upcoming fixture.

One need only view the reaction of some Celtic fans to the recent blog by MacGiollabhain entitled “The ****** Blood Festival” to see how these people operate. MacGiollabhain himself has never challenged the assertion that he is “tarred with a sickening sectarian brush” and he has willing servants in Miss Haggerty, CQN and several other online Celtic sites.

We urge all sane Celtic fans to ignore their bile. We hope the upcoming fixture will be fiercely contested. We hope, despite being clear underdogs, that Rangers will win. We also hope that fans of both teams will be able to travel to and watch the match safely.

We hope that Police Scotland, as well as policing the day effectively, will take careful note of those who continue to try to incite violence at the upcoming fixture. It would be an odd legal system that arrested people for singing songs but ignored hate speech and incitement of violence. Should the worst happen, we hope the full force of the law will be brought to bear not only on the perpetrators of any trouble but also those who encourage it online.

Rangers and our fans have many challenges to face in the months and years ahead. Challenges which are considerably more important to our long term future than this upcoming Old Firm game. We urge Rangers fans to stay safe, behave in a way which can make us all proud of our club and enjoy their day.

....so ,any violence on Sunday is , Phil's (the blogger no one is interested in) fault?!

....so ,any violence on Sunday is , Phil's (the blogger no one is interested in) fault?!

Indeed, and Phil MacAlphabet better watch out because look what happened to that guy in Saudi Arabia.

Radio 5 Live squeezing lemons in its trousers over the the Rangers right now. I think I'll stick to revisiting my spotty youth by listening to Mahogany Rush songs on Youtube. :)

Ms Haggerty was tweeting about a MacGilligans island article called the 'F word' blood festival, i assume that he's went over the score again.

Maybe you should google it up, as i haven't read it and can't tell you what was in it.

I took your advice Bennett and went for a look. It was the first time I'd read something on there that hadn't been linked to from here, but it was just the usual bleating rubbish.

I think he was suggesting that the MSM are fixated with the OF game, hoping for a bloodbath. Phil clearly wants the same, but wishes to suggest that any such trouble will be down primarily to Rangers fans.

Don't the RST who have some designs on being reputable, realise that by even mentioning such nonsense, they lend it more credibility and a wider audience than it would otherwise have?

Gary Teale, Neil Lennon, Stewart Milne and Gary McAllister among those who invested in Ingenious scheme http://bit.ly/1EskBCR

High profile figures associated with Scottish football could face paying out thousands of pounds to HM Revenue and Customs following a probe into an alleged tax avoidance scheme.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne and St Mirren’s caretaker manager Gary Teale are among those being probed as a result of their investments in systems operated by Ingenious Media Holdings plc.

Former Celtic boss Neil Lennon and ex-Scotland international captain Gary McAllister were also investors in the scheme.

Thousands of high earners in the United Kingdom took advantage of the systems, which allowed individuals the opportunity to claim tax relief through investing in the production of movies.

The legitimacy of three schemes - Inside Track Productions, Ingenious Film Partners 2 LLP and Ingenious Games LLP - are under dispute by HMRC.

Documents publicly available at Companies House also list former Aberdeen players Stephen Glass and Eoin Jess as investors, along ex-Rangers striker Billy Dodds, former Scotland international defenders Colin Hendry and Dominic Matteo, and a host of high-profile players including Steven Gerrard, Danny Murphy and Martin Keown.

A tribunal will soon rule on whether the investments were made with the intention of clawing back tax.

Under new rules, HMRC have been able to force some of those who had invested in the scheme to repay the amount they gained in tax relief ahead of any outcome. Those amounts will be repaid if the tribunal finds in favour of Ingenious.

"They pointed me in the direction they thought, at the time, was right"

St Mirren caretaker boss Teale spoke to STV about his involvement in Ingenious Film Partners 2 LLP.

"You just obviously listen to different people," he said. "They pointed me in the direction they thought, at the time, was right.

"As far as the way it’s transpired, it’s not really something for me to comment on at this moment in time.

"Until something is out there that I need to about it, then I’ll just leave it as it is."
Asked if he had been contacted by HMRC about his involvement, Teale said: "I am aware of it. I've not really anything to say about it.

"I don’t know what’s happening with it. It’s something I don’t know what’s going to be the final outcome, so I don’t have anything to say about it."

Neil Lennon's agent Martin Reilly said of his client's involvement in the scheme: "These matters are in the hands of our lawyers"

STV contacted representatives for Milne, as well as contacting McAllister directly. They were unavailable for comment.

There is no insinuation that those in the scheme - who come from all walks of life - knowingly entered it as a means to avoid tax.

One source, speaking to STV anonymously, said he was aware of a culture in the early 2000s where players in Scotland were frequently approached over such schemes by financial advisers, with a view to recouping some of their cash.

The schemes were operated by approaching players individually. They were not systems operated or promoted by their employers at the time.

"Some exceptionally clever tax brains have been looking at this"

Michael Reid, managing partner at chartered accountancy firm Meston Reid and Co, outlined to STV the stance of HM Revenue and Customs with regards to pursuing the Ingenious scheme.

"I don't think the current news is particularly surprising," he said. "The Ingenious tax scheme has been attack, or under query, by the Revenue for many, many months.

"Therefore what I think is happening now is we are reaching a stage where by March 31, the Revenue are withdrawing the ability to make a voluntary payment. If you haven't made your payment by then, it is likely you will be subject to legal proceedings.

"Some exceptionally clever tax brains have been looking at this. I suspect the Revenue, from looking at their pronouncements, consider there to be a considerable amount of tax at stake, and therefore it would be surprisingly if they simply walked away.

Yes I'm sure that statement will calm the situation right down.

Seriously, who writes this tit for tat drivel? Nine in a row, inferiority complex, bigotry, "spewed" hatred etc

What the fck are these clowns trying to achieve? If this is who is charge of communications for the RST then God help them.

Pompous bullshit. Probably even worse than Celtic's ad in the paper... :wacko:

And they actually give Phil MacGiollaBhain some credit... even though the percentage of the Celtic support that actually read his partisan drivel is neglible. :ass

Mike Ashley could buy the whole of Scottish football, liquidate every club and carry on his business without flinching.

I reckon that would breach the dual ownership rules; but by the time the SFA called a meeting to set up discussion to set a timetable for a preliminary hearing to determine the date of a full hearing it would be a fait accompli.

That RST statement was embarrassing, I did hear a fan on Clyde 1 tonight saying if Celtic win Ronny should avoid doing his usual celebrations in front of the Celtic fans as it may start a riot.

What is wrong with these people :lol:

Problem is, Rangers/Sevco are terrible both on and off the field, the fans generally believed under Charlie they would be doing a league and cup double every year until they reached the premiership, once that happened things would be back to normal, rubbing it in every "diddy" clubs face, hoovering up trophies etc...

They've had it so good for so long, they can't handle the reality.

They still believe they are something they're not, similar to the British Empire........long dead with no hope of it returning to it's former "glory"

Gary Teale, Neil Lennon, Stewart Milne and Gary McAllister among those who invested in Ingenious scheme http://bit.ly/1EskBCR

High profile figures associated with Scottish football could face paying out thousands of pounds to HM Revenue and Customs following a probe into an alleged tax avoidance scheme.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne and St Mirren’s caretaker manager Gary Teale are among those being probed as a result of their investments in systems operated by Ingenious Media Holdings plc.

Former Celtic boss Neil Lennon and ex-Scotland international captain Gary McAllister were also investors in the scheme.

Thousands of high earners in the United Kingdom took advantage of the systems, which allowed individuals the opportunity to claim tax relief through investing in the production of movies.

The legitimacy of three schemes - Inside Track Productions, Ingenious Film Partners 2 LLP and Ingenious Games LLP - are under dispute by HMRC.

Documents publicly available at Companies House also list former Aberdeen players Stephen Glass and Eoin Jess as investors, along ex-Rangers striker Billy Dodds, former Scotland international defenders Colin Hendry and Dominic Matteo, and a host of high-profile players including Steven Gerrard, Danny Murphy and Martin Keown.

A tribunal will soon rule on whether the investments were made with the intention of clawing back tax.

Under new rules, HMRC have been able to force some of those who had invested in the scheme to repay the amount they gained in tax relief ahead of any outcome. Those amounts will be repaid if the tribunal finds in favour of Ingenious.

"They pointed me in the direction they thought, at the time, was right"

St Mirren caretaker boss Teale spoke to STV about his involvement in Ingenious Film Partners 2 LLP.

"You just obviously listen to different people," he said. "They pointed me in the direction they thought, at the time, was right.

"As far as the way it’s transpired, it’s not really something for me to comment on at this moment in time.

"Until something is out there that I need to about it, then I’ll just leave it as it is."

Asked if he had been contacted by HMRC about his involvement, Teale said: "I am aware of it. I've not really anything to say about it.

"I don’t know what’s happening with it. It’s something I don’t know what’s going to be the final outcome, so I don’t have anything to say about it."

Neil Lennon's agent Martin Reilly said of his client's involvement in the scheme: "These matters are in the hands of our lawyers"

STV contacted representatives for Milne, as well as contacting McAllister directly. They were unavailable for comment.

There is no insinuation that those in the scheme - who come from all walks of life - knowingly entered it as a means to avoid tax.

One source, speaking to STV anonymously, said he was aware of a culture in the early 2000s where players in Scotland were frequently approached over such schemes by financial advisers, with a view to recouping some of their cash.

The schemes were operated by approaching players individually. They were not systems operated or promoted by their employers at the time.

"Some exceptionally clever tax brains have been looking at this"

Michael Reid, managing partner at chartered accountancy firm Meston Reid and Co, outlined to STV the stance of HM Revenue and Customs with regards to pursuing the Ingenious scheme.

"I don't think the current news is particularly surprising," he said. "The Ingenious tax scheme has been attack, or under query, by the Revenue for many, many months.

"Therefore what I think is happening now is we are reaching a stage where by March 31, the Revenue are withdrawing the ability to make a voluntary payment. If you haven't made your payment by then, it is likely you will be subject to legal proceedings.

"Some exceptionally clever tax brains have been looking at this. I suspect the Revenue, from looking at their pronouncements, consider there to be a considerable amount of tax at stake, and therefore it would be surprisingly if they simply walked away.

Admin error