Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"We are the people".

Serious question. Does anyone know what that's even supposed to mean?

Legend has it, the proddy workers in the dockyards in Glasgow early 20th century, sang it as the Catholics didn't get decent jobs at the time, allegedly, or I've been told a lot is sh£t

I guess you can't then. I asked, "Care to give me a quick precis"? All you did was USE BIG LETTERS. It is tedious as f**k trying to have a sane and sensible debate with the brain-dead idiots.

Yet many try for some reason giving you more respect than you deserve

as for your quick precis here it is Scottish fitba fúcked for trying to reason with the Rangers and their fans

By the way, there were only three feasible options available to clubs and supporters after Rangers went into administration. These were:

1) Admit the NewCo to the Third Division, while pointing and laughing and predicting no harm to the Scottish game or

2) Admit the NewCo to the Third Division, while being businesslike and calm about it, predicting no harm to the Scottish game or

3) Admit the NewCo to the Third Division, while wailing and screaming in terror about how Scottish football would be an utterly shyte no-value product without Rangers in the top tier.

Option 1 & 2 are the same thing, in terms of sport and finance. Option 3 was the SFA's favoured tactic and all it did was knock zeros off the price of the game in advertising, sponsorship and TV rights.

There was never a realistic chance here of "Let's break the rules and stampede Rangers back into the top tier".

So, what are the Rangers fans here greeting about? Are they sad because people weren't alarmist enough in 2012, or just happy because they think their club's malfeasance is still injuring the entire Scottish game?

Or, are they just butthurt because everyone's still laughing at them, years after the old club's demise?

You can probably decide for yourself.

Eh, they lost their memberships, as they went into liquidation & stopped trading!

A new company had to apply, uncontested & without 3 years accounts, to join both the SFA & SFL.

Rangers, as was, ceased to be.

Did anyone see the picture of that walloper, Craig Houston wearing a mask, a rats head, I think?

At what point in your life do you think that this is the way a grown adult should be acting!

I mean, if the Sultans Of Swing want to be taken seriously, it just seems a bit childish. On a par with hiding Celtic birthday cakes!

They are dealing with a boardroom full of successful businessmen. Ruthless guys!

What makes these arseholes think that acting like this will get them anywhere?

At least Rangers First take the Dave King route of just brazenly begging for fans money. These nutters though, must be a laughing stock.

If you were a Rangers fan and saw these idiots, you'd go over and ask them to stop, wouldn't you?

Did anyone see the picture of that walloper, Craig Houston wearing a mask, a rats head, I think?

At what point in your life do you think that this is the way a grown adult should be acting!

I mean, if the Sultans Of Swing want to be taken seriously, it just seems a bit childish. On a par with hiding Celtic birthday cakes!

They are dealing with a boardroom full of successful businessmen. Ruthless guys!

At least Rangers First take the Dave King route of just brazenly begging for fans money. These nutters though, must be a laughing stock.

If you were a Rangers fan and saw these idiots, you'd go over and ask them to stop, wouldn't you?

I thought it was a Nacho Novo costume. I was quite impressed with the resemblance, in all honesty.

Exactly. What possesses them to think that hard-nosed businessmen for whom money is the only concern will give the slighest morsel of a flying toss about these kind of antics? They know what you think, Sevconians, and they literally could not care less as long as you keep giving them money, which you always will because you are emotionally and psychologically dependent on the fantasy of The Rangers one day beating Celtic again.

For years we've heard on sportsound that everything is basically booming, now yet another chairman has claimed the exact opposite.

Benett, can you actually quote any media source at any stage saying things are "booming"? As far as I can recall, only you and No8 use the phrase at all.

It's very clear that QLP's central premise that the others don't actually need (as in depend upon) Rangers is absolutely irrefutable.

That's not to say that Rangers can't offer the game financial benefits. They've got lots of fans so therefore can.

Realistically though, the inequitable way in which such income has been distributed in recent decades, means the loss to the game, rather than Rangers themselves, is very small.

I'm not unduly troubled by the absence of a sponsor to be honest. Some more money overall would be nice, but if the price of not having that involves seeing one of the massive, greedy, ludicrously advantaged clubs being hugely reduced, then it's a very attractive deal.

Benett, can you actually quote any media source at any stage saying things are "booming"? As far as I can recall, only you and No8 use the phrase at all. It's very clear that QLP's central premise that the others don't actually need (as in depend upon) Rangers is absolutely irrefutable. That's not to say that Rangers can't offer the game financial benefits. They've got lots of fans so therefore can. Realistically though, the inequitable way in which such income has been distributed in recent decades, means the loss to the game, rather than Rangers themselves, is very small. I'm not unduly troubled by the absence of a sponsor to be honest. Some more money overall would be nice, but if the price of not having that involves seeing one of the massive, greedy, ludicrously advantaged clubs being hugely reduced, then it's a very attractive deal.

MT, you know bennett (and the vast majority of celtic and the rangers fans) don't understand. The likes of you and I have seen our clubs at various levels, and gaining various levels of success. That's how it goes. Those who hang on the coat-tails of the regularly successful clubs simply cannot conceive of what our experiences have been like. Even outside of our rare trophy wins (and the WRK curse seems to be that I only manage to get to losing Cup Finals :(), I'm willing to bet that the joy I felt when we beat Ayr 6-1 back in the 70's was far more than any of them have ever experienced in the domestic game. A GIRFUY to the other cheek, maybe, but not joy in their own team's achievement.

Everything about them has to scream "better than you plebs". From the regular crowdwanks to the boasting of the size and facility levels of their stadia - so fucking what? I've never felt the need for wi-fi when I've been at the football, seven-figure cost or no, and now they're discovering the "two dozen blokes in a barn" embarrassment that Killie fans have been subjected to for years. :offtopic Jibes which, strangely, we never suffered when struggling to pack 2000 or (quite a lot) less into the old, proper, Rugby Park. *

I've not been to Palmerston for decades but, H&S upgrades and general maintenance aside, it still looks like an old-school ground. Treasure that. The differences I've seen at Stadia over the last few years have very rarely been about making our lives better (although I do like a civilised Gents at Half-time), but about squeezing more cash out of the fans. The "bigger" the team, the more obvious this is - conversely, the "smaller" teams seem to engender a more inclusive atmosphere, and a real sharing of the experience. More fan involvement, on all levels from just helping out to actually getting involved with business decisions, as well.

The fan involvement aspect is what sets the smaller teams apart, for me. It's all about doing what's best for "us", rather than criticising the custodians of the club for not getting one over on "them". All those involved in fleecing the Berrz for the last few years have understood this extremely well, and have held out the aim of competing with celtic as their aim. Trophies and titles are an afterthought - getting one over on "them" is the raison d'etre of the "of" fan. Yes, celtic fans are exactly the same - we've seen a hell of a lot of green seats as well as blue ones over the last couple of years, and the numbers are climbing.

MT (and all the rest of the non-gloryhunters), carry on. We know what it means to support a team. At Killie we've gone through the shite of the Lauchlan era, endured part-time football less than a decade after playing in the Bernabeu and reaching a European semi, we're currently seeing the protracted endgame of whatever the fúíck Johnston's "plan" for the club was, we've been to the bottom league and back to the top - yet every Saturday we still get those horrible feelings of dread-laden expectation...and distance just makes it worse.

*ETA: There's an article on stadium advertising in this month's WSC - I turned the page to be greeted with a picture of the old Johnnie Walker End, which actually brought a lump to my throat. It appears to be at an Ayrshire Derby match, but if you look past the pondlife, it brings back some great memories.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Hmmmmm, Monkey wants me to provide quotes/proof to back up my post in which I discussed sport sound always talking up our game (everything is wonderful/booming\rosey)...

I suggest that he buys one of those new fangled transistor radios and listens to wee Jum and the lads.

Edit .... For Dave ... Everyone should consider it their moral duty to hide Celtic stuff in shops.

Edited by bennett

Not surprising to hear Roy McGregor clarifying his position with regard to the slant put on it by the written media this week. Needless to say the P&B mainstream had it right all along in that he was merely highlighting the difference in the perceived "value" of the game here as opposed to England and the fact that having basket cases like SevCo behaving in the way they have and an ineffective governing authority failing in its' duty is going to prevent this disparity from closing any time soon.

Written press in misrepresentation shocker huh ?