Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Okay, well then it shouldn't be too difficult to locate them and list them here. Seeing as "all" of the chairman said as much. Or is it more likely that things have been said in the past that have been proven to be incorrect by one or two individuals? If you dispute the things I've said in my post then feel free to have a debate with me as I said previously.

You couldn't make it up. Bennett, who just a few posts previously refused to address points made, is now telling someone to address points made. FWIW, I have commented on the original thread in the Premiership forum on the subject.

Oh and"looking for dots"? You mean me speaking the truth as I see it?

you'll never ever get a decent reply from Bennett. Deflection and rambling incoherent pish is what you'll get.

Okay, well then it shouldn't be too difficult to locate them and list them here. Seeing as "all" of the chairman said as much. Or is it more likely that things have been said in the past that have been proven to be incorrect by one or two individuals? If you dispute the things I've said in my post then feel free to have a debate with me as I said previously.

You couldn't make it up. Bennett, who just a few posts previously refused to address points made, is now telling someone to address points made. FWIW, I have commented on the original thread in the Premiership forum on the subject.

QLP, you don't have to spend as much time as me in this dank and despairing corner of P&B to know that you've no chance of getting anything like a sensible discussion from this pair. Add to this the fact that their entrenched positions are that rangers didn't die and that the rest of us need rangers - despite all actual evidence to the contrary - you really are pissing into a Force 9 here.

Just ridicule them - they don't like that. :)

Oh, and have a dot, btw. ;)

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

You imply that you addressed the points properly on another part of the forum, yet on here you decided to ignore the points and attempted to put words in mouth and play to the galleries.

Strange behaviour....

Here's my issue with Rangers fans like Bennett and their continued assertions about Scottish fitba' with or without Rangers.

When Rangers were liquidated and returned as a newco in League Two, their fans turned out in decent numbers around the country. Great! Money was then being passed around smaller clubs that, a favourable cup draw aside, otherwise wouldn't have seen it. These clubs were able to put some money away, invest in ground improvements, sign new players etc. Of course, that figure would have been much higher had the policing/stewarding needs not been so high.

But onto the fable that the Premiership clubs "need" Rangers and the money they bring. We don't, it's as simple as that. Would we like an extra big gate or two every season? Of course we would. But it's in the same way that I'd like to wake up next to Jenny Lewis every morning, but I don't actually need to in order to survive or be happy. What Scottish Premiership clubs have done in Rangers' absence, is cut their cloth accordingly. That might be an alien concept to most Rangers fans given how their side has tried to borrow their way through the divisions, but trust me when I say, some clubs do.

Part of cutting your cloth is reducing unnecessary salaries, and that tends to be in terms of first team players. How do the clubs then fill the gaps left by higher earners leaving? They promote players from their youth academy, that's how. St Mirren e.g. have given regular first team football to young talents like John McGinn, Kenny McLean and Stephen Mallan. Kilmarnock have done the same with Robbie Muirhead, Craig Slater, Mark O'Hara etc. Both of those clubs have won a major trophy in recent years. Dundee United, Aberdeen... Heck, everybody else is too. So having less money has enabled clubs to do what they should have been doing all along, and that's developing players.

Rangers spent £14million in building Murray Park, and that's before we even look at the day-to-day running costs which will be astronomical. Yet how many of the current Rangers team came through there? If you look at the team that started the loss to Raith - one player came through Rangers' youth system. And he's absolutely brutal. Rangers had the ability and the infrastructure to start developing their own young players properly after starting again in League Two, but refused. Seemingly it's not only Rangers fans that are under the belief that money is everything and we have to spend, spend, spend to succeed... If Kilmarnock, St Mirren and co. can produce and develop young players capable of making an impact in the Premiership then why can't Rangers? Arrogance and pigheadedness. The same arrogance and pigheadedness that will see folk like Bennett claim that the rest of the country needs their cash to survive. There's only one Scottish team that needs Rangers' fans cash to survive, and that's Rangers themselves.

Don't want to be pedantic, but Murray Park was built with nearly £1 million from what was the Scottish Executive and The Scottish Sports Council (Now Sportscotland). They do like hand outs at Rangers whether in grants like this, dodging the tax man through EBTs or using their charity to raise money for the club.

Amazingly at Murray Park they have a video/media room when games and all training sessions are videoed and then used to help in the development of players and tactical development of the teams. This is a summary of the original documentation at the time of building.

I can only assume this media suite was turned into a Greggs/adult cinema under Ally and his management team.

You imply that you addressed the points properly on another part of the forum, yet on here you decided to ignore the points and attempted to put words in mouth and play to the galleries.

Strange behaviour....

So, Vicky, what do you think of Roy's assertion that the rangers' behaviour has been a negative influence?

At best TheRangers right now are an unwanted, unnecessary, albeit hilarious distraction from the business of playing, promoting and governing football in Scotland.

At worst they are a spiteful, malignant cancer, eating away at the healthy parts of our game.

That's it really. What's so hard to understand?

Strange behaviour....

I didn't put any words in your mouth. You posted a sarcastic wee dig at the Premiership that was more than enough proof of your views on whether we miss Rangers or not. Let's park that to one side for a second okay? What else from my post did you disagree with? Go on, prove everyone wrong and show you can have a reasoned debate after all.

QLP, you don't have to spend as much time as me in this dank and despairing corner of P&B to know that you've no chance of getting anything like a sensible discussion from this pair. Add to this the fact that their entrenched positions are that rangers didn't die and that the rest of us need rangers - despite all actual evidence to the contrary - you really are pissing into a Force 9 here.

Just ridicule them - they don't like that. :)

Oh, and have a dot, btw. ;)

Do people still actually try to debate with Bennett? :lol:

His sole purpose on here is to be ridiculed. No more, no less.

WRK, jupe... I have avoided this corner of the forum for a while, but have been bored after meeting deadlines in the last few days so have ventured to the dark side for a giggle. Is Bennett an alias?

I didn't put any words in your mouth. You posted a sarcastic wee dig at the Premiership that was more than enough proof of your views on whether we miss Rangers or not. Let's park that to one side for a second okay? What else from my post did you disagree with? Go on, prove everyone wrong and show you can have a reasoned debate after all.

WRK, jupe... I have avoided this corner of the forum for a while, but have been bored after meeting deadlines in the last few days so have ventured to the dark side for a giggle. Is Bennett an alias?

Oh, QLP, the Fun you've missed! Our Bennett is no more an alias than the rest of us, in fact he used to delight in accusing those who he disliked of creating alias accounts to back themselves up. Until we were introduced to Vicky the Viking, that is. Have a wee perusal of sjc's boat thread in General Nonsense to see how that turned out for him/her.

So, alias? Nah. Thick as highland porridge? Hell, yeah!

How's about you tell us what points you disagree with, then we could discuss it?

Invite the sleuth, it'll help pass the time.

So, Vicky, what do you think of Roy's assertion that the rangers' behaviour has been a negative influence?

Sorry Norman but i wouldn't want to be accused of stalking you.....

Here's my issue with Rangers fans like Bennett and their continued assertions about Scottish fitba' with or without Rangers.

When Rangers were liquidated and returned as a newco in League Two, their fans turned out in decent numbers around the country. Great! Money was then being passed around smaller clubs that, a favourable cup draw aside, otherwise wouldn't have seen it. These clubs were able to put some money away, invest in ground improvements, sign new players etc. Of course, that figure would have been much higher had the policing/stewarding needs not been so high.

I've deleted the rest of your post as you're dishing up the usual diddy fare of ignorance, platitudes and playing to the gallery. Add the execrably dim 'cut your cloth'* to the admix and you can see I haven't much time for you.

The notion that 'Scottish fitbaw needs Rangers' is a pretty simple one: Football needs arses on seats** and needs fans to support/admire/buy replica shite/go to pubs etc. You acknowledge that this is true. You said so much in the paragraph that I quoted.

As to your italicised 'need' well you're again doing the diddy thing of thinking Scottish football would be much better off if we took most fans out of the equation***.

In sum, you want fewer teams and fewer fans so that Scottish football's geegaws can be shared around an ever-smaller number of teams with an ever-reducing income.

* As any fule kno the phrase is, "Cut your coat according to your cloth.". Only stupid people say, "Cut your cloth".

** Comments such as 'dressed up as blue seats' and 'they don't do walking away' can be parked for now.

*** This is the bit that really grinds my gears. Football fans eschewing footballs fans!!!

Edited by The_Kincardine

Ofcourse you put words in my mouth, it's clear enough in your posts and i never posted my views on the subject - you dived right in assuming that i did.

I've deleted the rest of your post as you're dishing up the usual diddy fare of ignorance, platitudes and playing to the gallery. Add the excretably dim 'cut your cloth'* to the admix and you can see I haven't much time for you.

The notion that 'Scottish fitbaw needs Rangers' is a pretty simple one: Football needs arses on seats** and needs fans to support/admire/buy replica shite/go to pubs etc. You acknowledge that this is true. You said so much in the paragraph that I quoted.

As to your italicised 'need' well you're again doing the diddy thing of thinking Scottish football would be much better off if we took most fans out of the equation***.

In sum, you want fewer teams and fewer fans so that Scottish football's geegaws can be shared around an ever-smaller number of teams with an ever-reducing income.

* As any fule kno the phrase is, "Cut your coat according to your cloth.". Only stupid people say, "Cut your cloth".

** Comments such as 'dressed up as blue seats' and 'they don't do walking away' can be parked for now.

*** This is the bit that really grinds my gears. Football fans eschewing footballs fans!!!

Only stupid people trying to appear intelligent attempt to use made-up words. "excretable" is already an adjective, kinky. Why not just use that? Hmmmm...

Could be because the word you wanted was "execrably", but your desire to appear erudite, yet again, exceeded your knowledge. Fail.

As for your oh-so-precious "most fans" - let's wait until we see the blue seats of ibrox tonight before we get to discussing that one, eh?