Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Genuinely interested here.Obviously, I know about Chris Graham's behaviour, but what have other guys like Houston done?

Apart from the obvious affiliation with the corrupt institutions at the heart of the whole saga, I'm not aware of any recent shitebaggery of note. Thought I must have missed something...

I've thought in recent days that some of the less bright on here were confusing Houston with Graham. Both sides appear easily confused at times, when the bigot alarm goes and it's all about "thame".

For those who haven't actually read Lord Nimmo Smith's remit (known legally as "terms of reference"):

So, LNS never actually considered the situation where EBT's were not legal. Nor did he consider the potential financial sporting advantage enabled by EBT's.

There can be no doubt that a fresh commission is required. And "common sense" (Ias delivered by Lord Drummond Young) suggests that a further penalty is due.

This bit is intriguing.

As I see it, title stripping was about player registration, rather than about the legality or otherwise of how the EBT scheme was operated. The was what made calls to forget the inquiry after the FTTT verdict so stupid and opportunistic.

I can't help feeling though that some of the latest calls to re-visit the issue this week are similarly opportunistic. The ruling reached was that the deliberate mistakes in registering the players didn't render them ineligible. That surprises me, but again, I can't see how that picture has changed in the last few days.

People are suggesting though that the ruling was made with explicit reference to the apparent legality of the scheme. I suppose that could make a difference, as could the reference to no sporting advantage. Was that actually part of the decision though, or just a tacked on attempt to justify it?

I still can't see title stripping happening.

Does anyone on here genuinely think (as opposed to hope or dread) that it might?

Apart from the obvious affiliation with the corrupt institutions at the heart of the whole saga, I'm not aware of any recent shitebaggery of note. Thought I must have missed something...

I've thought in recent days that some of the less bright on here were confusing Houston with Graham. Both sides appear easily confused at times, when the bigot alarm goes and it's all about "thame".

Doubt they are confusing them, both scumballs.

SoS was founded by two people, that's all. CH and Sandy Chugg. Chugg is deemed too damaged goods, even by the orcs, hence why Houston is the , lol, acceptable face of the Sons of Struth .

Genuinely interested here.

Obviously, I know about Chris Graham's behaviour, but what have other guys like Houston done?

Huston and Chugg started the SOS, former hooligans , drug dealers, BNP members , Nazis, racist right wing sectarian scum, Chugg has has 3 lifetime bans from Ibrox.

This bit is intriguing.

As I see it, title stripping was about player registration, rather than about the legality or otherwise of how the EBT scheme was operated. The was what made calls to forget the inquiry after the FTTT verdict so stupid and opportunistic.

I can't help feeling though that some of the latest calls to re-visit the issue this week are similarly opportunistic. The ruling reached was that the deliberate mistakes in registering the players didn't render them ineligible. That surprises me, but again, I can't see how that picture has changed in the last few days.

People are suggesting though that the ruling was made with explicit reference to the apparent legality of the scheme. I suppose that could make a difference, as could the reference to no sporting advantage. Was that actually part of the decision though, or just a tacked on attempt to justify it?

I still can't see title stripping happening.

Does anyone on here genuinely think (as opposed to hope or dread) that it might?

"Yes".

The player registration thing ignored the potential retrospective sanctions if the registrations were found to be dodgy.

Ogilvie's position/influence at the time, is now vastly weaker after the latest ruling.

LNS was only working to a remit , a very very specific remit, which now has to be looked at again in the light of the cheating scumbaggery that influenced his remit.

Going by the etims stuff, 4 at least, clubs , ain't rolling over on this one.

Happy daze :)

Edited by Njord

This bit is intriguing.As I see it, title stripping was about player registration, rather than about the legality or otherwise of how the EBT scheme was operated. The was what made calls to forget the inquiry after the FTTT verdict so stupid and opportunistic.I can't help feeling though that some of the latest calls to re-visit the issue this week are similarly opportunistic. The ruling reached was that the deliberate mistakes in registering the players didn't render them ineligible. That surprises me, but again, I can't see how that picture has changed in the last few days.People are suggesting though that the ruling was made with explicit reference to the apparent legality of the scheme. I suppose that could make a difference, as could the reference to no sporting advantage. Was that actually part of the decision though, or just a tacked on attempt to justify it?I still can't see title stripping happening.Does anyone on here genuinely think (as opposed to hope or dread) that it might?

Furthermore, so far as the footballers are concerned, at least, it seems to us that if bonuses had not been paid they might well have taken their services elsewhere.

Lord Drummond Young Court of Session

They will not be stripped of titles. No chance.

And in all honesty the true disgrace of Scottish football is the actions of everyone involved in first trying to place them back in the spl and then the frankly disgusting attempt to put them in division 1.

Genuinely I think that is Scottish footballs real scandal, not the use of EBT's.

Furthermore, so far as the footballers are concerned, at least, it seems to us that if bonuses had not been paid they might well have taken their services elsewhere.

Lord Drummond Young Court of Session

"If it had not been intended that the player would directly benefit from the EBT arrangements then there is no reason to believe that the player would have agreed to accept the overall financial package offered by Oldco."

- Lord Nimmo Smith

The 'no sporting advantage' part of the LNS Commission's report related to the failure to disclose the EBTs, not to the scheme itself, and was explicitly on the basis that the scheme was a legal form of tax avoidance.

"If it had not been intended that the player would directly benefit from the EBT arrangements then there is no reason to believe that the player would have agreed to accept the overall financial package offered by Oldco."

- Lord Nimmo Smith

The 'no sporting advantage' part of the LNS Commission's report related to the failure to disclose the EBTs, not to the scheme itself, and was explicitly on the basis that the scheme was a legal form of tax avoidance.

Joined nearly two years ago and this is his first post :lol:

They will not be stripped of titles. No chance.

And in all honesty the true disgrace of Scottish football is the actions of everyone involved in first trying to place them back in the spl and then the frankly disgusting attempt to put them in division 1.

Genuinely I think that is Scottish footballs real scandal, not the use of EBT's.

I think there is potential for a groundswell of opinion to gather - like the diddy revolt - where the clubs have to pay attention to what their supporters are saying.

Remember - we all spent the best part of a decade throwing our disposable income at what were effectively rigged / loaded competitions. For this point alone the club representatives must listen.

Not Jealousy

Not Hatred

Not Revenge

Not Bigotry

Sporting Integrity

of course titles will be stripped, a slick campaign has already started and rules will be changed to suit.

It won't stop until it's done, it's all that matters to these c*nts.

In the meantime our fans will continue to follow follow in huge numbers and be noisy as f*ck, and that's what pisses em off the most!