Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I cannot recall this at video., however it is as monkey pointed out a fairly serious accusation and would be pretty shocking if true, I really think given that you posted the accusation that you should at least post the proof.

There is a video if you Google his name and homophobic.

Just watched it.

edit to add this video was on various forums.....can't seem to find tweets only a vid

Edited by the 67

I cannot recall this at all, however it is as monkey pointed out a fairly serious accusation and would be pretty shocking if true, I really think given that you posted the accusation that you should at least post the proof.

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/08/rangers-fan-rep-in-scott-allan-homophobic-slur/

Fair enough.

SPL rules at the time though, seemed to say that all details of paying players by whatever means, had to be disclosed when registering players to participate in competitions. This was very clearly breached. The LNS ruling did seem to say that it didn't involve them being ineligible though. As I recall too, there was something about retrospective punishment not being possible.

It seems they got off on a technicality. If so, I don't see how it's changed to be honest, but it's hardly a convincing argument as to why Rangers should keep the titles.

Non payment of tax on this scale has quite simply not been punished. A lesser example of it was punished by a brief signing embargo. It's like claiming that someone who has already been punished for shoplifting, can not in future be punished for armed robbery.

The argument that something unjust must be left in place, in case any future examination is susceptible to external influence is ridiculous.

Thanks for answering, but conspicuous by its absence from your response, is any argument about Rangers 'deserving' to keep the trophies.

I think that omitting such a claim was wise, but it tells us, and you, something revealing.

Non payment of tax (all taxes) was punished and quite severely. You can't go back and add a punishment just because its Rangers.

Spfl punish Rangers, then a year later on an appeal is won..... You work it out

Spfl punish Rangers before an appeal is held, that could prejudice any appeal.

If there was nothing in the SPL rule book to strip titles then the slpf can't simply retrospectively add one.

No doubt there'll be an apologist along to say that it's not overly homophobic and perhaps just goes along with the seemingly 'yoof' definition of 'gay' meaning 'a bit crap'; but either way, a grown man put the time and effort into making it. A grown man who seems to be the voice, whether self-appointed or not, of other folks. People's Front of Judea and whatnot, but still. Wow. Ha!

Also on morningstar online.....says when confronted by journalist tom English about it on show, got into slanging match and accused English of pandering to the Celtic support.

If that's what you want to believe then fine, I am happy to buy programmes because I know otherwise.

Ashley blocked SOS from selling ST holders ,they were selling for charity because they had the Rangers logo on it, but you think that he gets no money from official program sales?

No doubt there'll be an apologist along to say that it's not overly homophobic and perhaps just goes along with the seemingly 'yoof' definition of 'gay' meaning 'a bit crap'; but either way, a grown man put the time and effort into making it. A grown man who seems to be the voice, whether self-appointed or not, of other folks. People's Front of Judea and whatnot, but still. Wow. Ha!

Yes, I'd agree. It strikes me more as embarrassing than anything else, that a bloke of his age would post such a thing.

It does also conform to any sensible definition of homophobia though and is no way at all for someone with a representative platform (or anyone else for that matter) to behave.

Not going on muirheads site but I'm guessing it's the stupid laddish 'that's so gay' kind of thing?

If it is then its more childish than anything and he needs to grow up.

Non payment of tax (all taxes) was punished and quite severely. You can't go back and add a punishment just because its Rangers.

Spfl punish Rangers, then a year later on an appeal is won..... You work it out

Spfl punish Rangers before an appeal is held, that could prejudice any appeal.

If there was nothing in the SPL rule book to strip titles then the slpf can't simply retrospectively add one.

No , not because it's Rangers. Because this one is the same type of offence, but it was committed separately and on a much bigger scale over a much more sustained period.

So no decision can ever be made, in case a ruling is appealed? Surely, any such process must run out at some point. At this point, would you recognise title stripping as potentially just?

"Nothing in SPL rules" sounds like a reliance on a technicality to keep titles. Would you not honestly prefer to relinquish them voluntarily, than retain such tarnished versions of them, in the interests of self-respect?

I mean it Bennett - I'm grateful for you trying to answer. None of your arguments however have even attempted a moral justification for Rangers clinging to these titles.

Is there one?

Not going on muirheads site but I'm guessing it's the stupid laddish 'that's so gay' kind of thing?

If it is then its more childish than anything and he needs to grow up.

Pretty much as I as see it, but it is unacceptable as well as cringeworthy I'd have thought.

It doesn't merely describe Allan's decision as gay. It instead describes him as "so gay".

It's not on.

Pretty much as I as see it, but it is unacceptable as well as cringeworthy I'd have thought.

It doesn't merely describe Allan's decision as gay. It instead describes him as "so gay".

It's not on.

Amazing the amount of people who in their minds don't see anything wrong with it as its being aimed at straight people. Outright homophobia (in my experience) is rare nowadays but the casual variety is still commonplace tho declining.

Water off a ducks back to me as I've heard it all but for a man of his age to be acting like a primary kid is embarrassing and stupid.

Pretty much as I as see it, but it is unacceptable as well as cringeworthy I'd have thought.It doesn't merely describe Allan's decision as gay. It instead describes him as "so gay". It's not on.

Honestly, when I was watching it, all I could hear was Hank Hill saying 'that's asinine'. KOTH seems kinda relevant for the journey given Peggy's unwarranted superiority complex, Dale's crackpot conspiracies, Bill being fat and thick and then post-49544-14469995086578_thumb.jpg