Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Far be it from me to agree with Wunf on anything but Hearts fans claiming continuity while claiming Rangers are a new club is the height of hypocrisy.

If you truly believe the party line that the club cannot be separated from the company and incorporation is final then your club was founded in 1905 as per companies house.

As has been mentioned numerous times on here laws were different then and if you read it correctly once liabilities have been taken care of then the Oldco can be resurrected. Times and laws were different then as there was no administration procedures and this would probably be the closest thing. I only mentioned the differences to make a,now futile, attempt to keep the threat on track. The closest similarity would be King wanting to pay Oldco's debts to bring back "Traditional" Rangers.

Far be it from me to agree with Wunf on anything but Hearts fans claiming continuity while claiming Rangers are a new club is the height of hypocrisy.

If you truly believe the party line that the club cannot be separated from the company and incorporation is final then your club was founded in 1905 as per companies house.

Never mind the Jambos, pelucía - tell us more about Leeds, eh? Somme pig your best work,I reckon.

As has been mentioned numerous times on here laws were different then and if you read it correctly once liabilities have been taken care of then the Oldco can be resurrected. Times and laws were different then as there was no administration procedures and this would probably be the closest thing. I only mentioned the differences to make a,now futile, attempt to keep the threat on track. The closest similarity would be King wanting to pay Oldco's debts to bring back "Traditional" Rangers.

"Can be resurrected ".....

The " club" was reformed, which we do give a shit about.

A break means a lack of continuity for the club, hence the 1873 is bawz :)

All that administration did was give time to companies to survive while they try to thrash out a deal with creditors, back in the original Hearts case you just didn't get that time, your assets which included the club were still sold to a new company, I am perfectly ok with this explanation by the way.

Times were different as were the laws and continuation was granted by the Court of Session, I believe, in 1907. The comparisons between both situations are as different as the appear similar, administration laws then appeared to much more simple than the complicated mechanisms we have in place today. One interesting thing from those times was the incorporation of club and company but that's another discussion for another day and has been covered many times on here. Anyhoo off to prepare for work tomorrow, hopefully the thread will continue on about the subject matter! Edited by statts1976uk

Times were different as were the laws and continuation was granted by the Court of Session, I believe, in 1907. The comparisons between both situations are as different as the appear similar, administration laws then appeared to much more simple than the complicated mechanisms we have in place today. One interesting thing from those times was the incorporation of club and company but that's another discussion for another day and has been covered many times on here. Anyhoo off to prepare for work tomorrow, hopefully the thread will continue on about the subject matter!

Aye,

But what about Leeds?

I'm pretty sure they mean the 'company'.

Not the brightest bunch.

That's actually a good point.

Of course, in reality, they don't mean 'company'. They really do mean 'club'.

When they say club, they mean the thing run by King, which has a significant financial dimension which enables it to put a team on the pitch. They are doing that perfectly natural thing of treating the terms 'club' and 'company' as entirely interchangeable, or indeed the more common thing of using the term 'club', to encapsulate the entire operation.

It once more exposes that a belief in this divorce of club from company requires the most contorted doublethink. It must be exhausting for the poor buggers.

Rico, I've closed the tab now and I can't be arsed going back on that place, but any idea why the wreath he laid had only poppies with 3 leaves?

Scottish ones are 4,no green leaf. Even the mutants had that correct on the fleg in the stand.

They buying less, taking one leaf off each one and making up more? Cheaper I suppose..?

This place never ceases to amaze me.

Oh come on bennett! Even someone of your limited intellectual abilities must be able to see the folly of such a tweet!???!?

Did the green n grey yins get up to their usual tricks today?

Would explain why you lot are on the attack over absolutely nothing.