Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So just so I have it straight:

Found to be cheating on a grand scale.

In need of 2.5 million to see out the rest of the season.

Shyster owners credibility being rightfully questioned.

Have I missed anything?

Charlie taking them to court to pay for legal expenses

It wasn't Rangers who avoided paying tax. It was the employees.

So rangers were accessories before the fact - still illegal.

Otherwise, we'd be banging up drug users and letting the dealers go free.

ETA: A long way from the best analogy, but I've had a stressful "arguing with management buffoons" type of a morning. :(

Mind you, the Horde are hurting :thumsup2 .

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Charlie taking them to court to pay for legal expenses

They can look on the bright side. Wur Warbs has said he won't hesitate to spend £1m on a player in January. All fine on the good ship the ranjurs as it sails into the iceberg of calamity!!!

So just so I have it straight:

Found to be cheating on a grand scale.

In need of 2.5 million to see out the rest of the season.

Shyster owners credibility being rightfully questioned.

Have I missed anything?

Read back 198,819 posts.

No, it is the employers responsibility to remove income tax at source.

Indeed, and I maybe didn't word my post well enough, I was trying to clarify/point out that the tax due was actually that of the employees.

Rangers didn't actually evade tax, they put in place a scheme which enabled their employees to evade paying it on their remuneration.

Edited by printer

They can look on the bright side. Wur Warbs has said he won't hesitate to spend £1m on a player in January. All fine on the good ship the ranjurs as it sails into the iceberg of calamity!!!

Can't blame him, King has given him and the clumpany to overspend

Indeed, and I maybe didn't word my post well enough, I was trying to clarify/point out that the tax due was actually that of the employees.

Rangers didn't actually evade tax, they put in place a scheme which enabled their employees to evade paying it on their remuneration.

The company did evade tax. They did not pay employers NI.

printer, on 11 Nov 2015 - 11:54, said:

Again, No. Both the employees and employer gained financial advantage from the illegal non-payment of income tax and national insurance contributions, but it is the employer that is culpable. From the court ruling:

'an employer who makes a payment of earnings or emoluments to or on account of an employee is obliged to deduct tax in accordance with the PAYE Regulations.'

They people who have been cheated here are the fans, the fans of all the teams who payed their hard earned cash year after year to go and watch their beloved club while the cheats bought some of the best players in Britain.

Oldco should have the tainted titles stripped and removed from the records, they cheated full stop, newco should be expelled from the game for bringing it in to disrepute and playing while insolvent and the SFA should resign, the fkn lot of them as they are just as corrupt, Ogilvie, Reagan and Doncaster should walk right now.

Our game needs an overhaul starting from the top.

Lets do it without the fkn cheats " for the good of Scottish football"

Hardly a surprised from Ashley here.

He has business interests to protect, if it was you, would you like to have a convicted tax fraud anywhere near it?

Of course not.

But, bbb, b but - He's a pyoor Rainjurs man anawrat.

Again, No. Both the employees and employer gained financial advantage from the illegal non-payment of income tax and national insurance contributions, but it is the employer that is culpable. From the court ruling:

'an employer who makes a payment of earnings or emoluments to or on account of an employee is obliged to deduct tax in accordance with the PAYE Regulations.'

You're reading too much into what I've said, which was basically correct.

Rangers should have deducted the tax from the remuneration they paid the players and remitted it to HMRC, but it was tax on the employees income. The tax wasn't a direct cost saving for the company/club, although indirectly that is exactly what it was, of course.

I was being pedantic and certainly not trying to excuse Rangers in any way.

You're reading too much into what I've said, which was basically correct.

Rangers should have deducted the tax from the remuneration they paid the players and remitted it to HMRC, but it was tax on the employees income. The tax wasn't a direct cost saving for the company/club, although indirectly that is exactly what it was, of course.

I was being pedantic and certainly not trying to excuse Rangers in any way.

An interesting point was raised by Spiers on Sunday. He stated that during the EBT era it was not uncommon for Ibrox to tell journalists that a player was signing, then for this to be delayed for a number days as they looked into the contractual arrangements (wtf is this EBT thing?).

No doubt the players were enticed by a net income figure which only at the point of signing was revealed to be in part provided through this now known to be illegal/criminal/evil/sacrilegious cheating vehicle.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Did rangers fail to pay the full amount of employer's contributions of NI?

Did rangers act (at the very least) as an accessory in a scheme where players managed to evade paying tax?

Did rangers withhold information about the full remuneration when submitting player registration?

Did rangers (in their death throes) purposefully withhold payment of employer's NI contribution and VAT?

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes", then they got, are getting, and will continue to get what they deserve. The shameful aspect of this is that our Governing Bodies, and what should be an inquisitorial Fourth estate, by colluding in the myth of legitimacy of the new club, are dragging our Game into the filth with them.

Seriously, what kind of journalist thinks "ra gers are scooshing the Championship" is a better story than "fúck me, have you seen what these cúnts are getting away with?"