Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

pages and pages of Olympic gold medal standard deflection taking BRALT into a discussion of the definition of 'criminality', all to avoid the central fact of Dave J's 13 word sentence.

The reason all trophies 'won' during the EBT decade should be struck off.

Full details of all players contracts must be lodged with the football authorities. OldDead,Adminstered AndLiquidated Rangers deliberately did not do this. To gain an unfair Sporting Advantage.

Rendering the money that all scottish football fans spent following a rigged / uneven playing-field sport during that era pretty much wasted.

This is about the size of it. I'm yet to see a single attempt to disprove this that doesn't basically amount to pretending not to understand it, from journalists, club employees or supporters.

"Seething Gers fans" :D

Oh goody those are my favourite kind of those.

Not happy about the SFA being taken to court, but they had the option of publishing their note of reasons why they passed a convicted criminal and a former director of a liquidated club as fit and proper. Hopefully we'll find out now, should be interesting.

Just another greasy black stain on our sport courtesy of Continual Disgrace FC 2.0

Our use of EBTs was in our annual reports. it was never a secret.

This is where there's a difficulty though.

In legal terms, it can be argued that there was no secrecy, although there was hardly openness either.

In football terms though, there certainly was secrecy. That's what the side letters were about and what 'title stripping' is about.

This is about the size of it. I'm yet to see a single attempt to disprove this that doesn't basically amount to pretending not to understand it, from journalists, club employees or supporters.

There's just one thing I don't understand...

If the EBTs were openly declared in Rangers'accounts and, presumably, to the taxman, why did they feel they had to hide the existence of the side-letters from the football authorities? Why did it matter if they told them that they were paying Mr Dodds 20K per week plus another 3K in EBTs?

If the EBTs were openly declared in Rangers'accounts and, presumably, to the taxman, why did they feel they had to hide the existence of the side-letters from the football authorities? Why did it matter if they told them that they were paying Mr Dodds 20K per week plus another 3K in EBTs?

It matters because i'm pretty sure... thems the rules.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/215802-key-points-from-lord-nimmo-smiths-ruling-on-rangers/

Same reason why they blocked and stalled HMRC for years on end, deliberately dragging out the process for as long as possible.

They knew - or at very least strongly suspected - that if they fully revealed their financial dealings, they'd have to pay all their taxes, just like every other club in the country. And they couldn't afford to do that, because they were deliberately operating a scheme designed to let them field players that were well beyond their ability to pay for.

If it is then I expect criminal charges to be brought.

You diddies are being utter cretins tonight. Rapists, criminals, plummy accents et al. What a fucking mess The Big Thread Diddies and their Plastic pals are in.

Are you suggesting that all criminal activity results in charges?

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2433364/rangers-ebt-tax-case-ruled-illegal-as-hmrc-declares-victory

"This latest ruling by three judges at the Court of Session upholds HMRC's position and renders the EBT arrangement illegal."

http://m.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2433486/rangers-tax-case-decision-astonishing-rebus

"The Court of Session in Edinburgh held the corporate entity which formerly housed Rangers, now in liquidation (oldco), had illegally used the scheme between 2001 and 2010 to pay £47.65m to players and staff in tax-free loans."

williemillersmoustache, on 11 Nov 2015 - 08:09, said:

Not happy about the SFA being taken to court

If it helps expose (and hopefully eliminate) the incompetence and corruption within the governance of Scottish football, we should all club together to buy Ashley a golden throne.

Hardly a surprised from Ashley here.

He has business interests to protect, if it was you, would you like to have a convicted tax fraud anywhere near it?

Of course not.

Why is he doing it now though? King has been involved with Rangers for a while now and has been a convicted criminal practically since his mother gave birth to him, so why not bring this up before now?

Why would HMRC not go after individuals for the tax? DM was paid £6.3mill by means of an EBT meaning he would be owing £2.5 mill in unpaid tax. Barry Ferguson £2.5 mill = £1mill. No small sums. I can understand them not going after the "peepul" that were paid less, but if they set a precedent with some, they would have to go after the others.

Some quick question for the Sevs. Do you all go about your daily business doing dodgy deals, borderline criminal? If not, why do you keep supporting, them, and trying to justify the actions of all these shysters that have been in charge of your club/company? It seems everything they do is ok with you. Why is that? Is it just blind faith? Are you really that thick?