Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry Flory but supporting Celtic does not make one a financial expert, even I spot basic errors in that.

Benny, I profess no financial / commercial /business expertise. Happy to be shot down in flames if I’ve posted a load of mince.
As you obviously have knowledge on these matters, please share your wisdom with the great unwashed.
Cheers.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Benny, I profess no financial / commercial /business expertise. Happy to be shot down in flames if I’ve posted a load of mince.
As you obviously have knowledge on these matters, please share your wisdom with the great unwashed.
Cheers.

"evco is structurally loss making. It is doubtful whether it can be made profitable"

My knowledge is fairly limited but ...

Future accounts will have retail profits, historically around £4-5m. The recent accounts showed a one off payment to general Mike, very little if anything on the retail front...

Last year of the sports direct deal, at far better terms with a new deal....

suggests the prospect of breaking even or even a small profit...

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cheers.

And I thought you seemed to be making sense!

eta had a look on BBC site where it says shareholders do not have to accept the offer. Surely the masses will hold onto their shares for the good of the clumpany?  Or am I misunderstanding this?

Edited by cyderspaceman

On 20/05/2015 at 13:15, No8. said:

I have said since more or less Day one I wanted Dave King in to take the club forward. Along the way I obviously was left a tad disappointed that he was willing to wait so long to make his move. That said I was surprised with that part of his interview...I am assuming it has something to do with his promise to the SFA that he wouldn't operate as a 'shadow director'. If he says he is going to invest regardless the SFA could see that as he was going to take control regardless.

Dave King claims to be the most scrutinised person in Scottish football. It would be remiss of us not to continue that scrutiny throughout his time at the club.

Rangers have lost around 10,000 regular supporters and I honestly believe if things don't work out for this board then we may never return ( yeh I know) to the top of Scottish football.

Don't f**k it up Mr King!!!!!!!!

On 20/05/2015 at 14:34, No8. said:

We know he has the best interests of the club at heart.

He has the backing of Rangers men with the wealth to take us back to the top.

He has shown in the past he is willing to invest his own money into the club.

They have the backing of the vast majority of the fans who now have what they wanted and will. need to invest in our club through season tickets.

Nobody else, well very few, could bring the support together the way he has.

I understand why others are hurting. They wanted us dead and buried. Those that didnt want us dead were happy to see our club raped by corrupt businessmen and out and out criminals. They were happy as long as we were no threat to their clubs on the pitch. It is understandable that they are hurting. It is not even a case of GIRUY now. I just dont care about the other clubs. My only interest is what is best for Rangers and the Rangers supporters.

@BobWilliamson

WHY DID NO-ONE WARN YOU

giphy.webp

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, bennett said:

"evco is structurally loss making. It is doubtful whether it can be made profitable"

Future accounts will have retail profits, historically around £4-5m. The recent accounts showed a one off payment to general Mike, very little if anything on the retail front...

Oldco to 2010 had accumulated losses of £136million.

http://library.isdx.com/infostore//Company-Accounts/RangersFootball/rangers2010.pdf (p17).

Newco's accumulated losses are £25million .
https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/2017/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2017.pdf (p24).

That's the definition of 'structurally loss making'. And a couple of million pounds here or there won't make the slightest bit of difference.  

You are right about one thing, though. Your knowledge is fairly limited.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

And I thought you seemed to be making sense!

eta had a look on BBC site where it says shareholders do not have to accept the offer. Surely the masses will hold onto their shares for the good of the clumpany?  Or am I misunderstanding this?

You're forgetting Super Ally.  He got his shares at a penny a go but couldn't find anyone to buy them from him.  Even his penny was wasted. 

And now Dave comes along...

Bennett, you shouldn't post about stuff like this. You are seriously deluded if you believe this

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You've got to feel sorry for Sevco fans, they've been through so much already.

Just kidding.  GIRFUY.  :)

You been at the pensioners' Christmas do?

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

BBC weighing in to...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42454416

This is a great opportunity for Sevco.  King buys out existing shareholders for £11 million.  These good loyal men and women demand a new shares issue and feed the £11 million right back into the club!

All that is required to make it work is honesty and goodwill on all sides.  Sorted!  :rolleyes:

the debate, the discussion, the debacle, the breach?