Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As I understand it that's a pre-contract. A club will have agreed a pre-contract with a player and said they have paid X amount, but the monies wont be passed until the transfer window. Similarly you rarely see clubs pay all of the money for a player at once (Jelavic to name one).

With a pre-contract you continue playing with your existing club. I thought you could buy someone out with the window, no matter how you pay for them, but the player could play for neither team until the window opened. I'm obviously no expert but I'm sure I read something along those lines when Portsmouth were having one of their melt downs and looking to urgently raise funds. It wouldn't be the first time I've got the wrong end of the stick though and certainly not the last.

With a pre-contract you continue playing with your existing club. I thought you could buy someone out with the window, no matter how you pay for them, but the player could play for neither team until the window opened. I'm obviously no expert but I'm sure I read something along those lines when Portsmouth were having one of their melt downs and looking to urgently raise funds. It wouldn't be the first time I've got the wrong end of the stick though and certainly not the last.

Here's your bedtime read.

http://www.fifa.com/...t_en_122007.pdf

FFS, WHY do they need this "Optimal Planning Solutions" - which immediately springs to mind some office of asexuals in designer business wear charging thousands of pounds to do what a Sinclair Spectrum copy of Football Manager is able to do in ten seconds flat?

Because they do it presented in a nice plastic binding (c/o Ronnie at the Copy Bureau) with reams of business psychobabble about "stepping up to challenges", "pushing the envelope on providing the complete package" and whatever else makes up a gallon of premium grade donkeywank?

No wonder Rangers got away with what they did for so long.

Their pitch for the business reached the quantum amount that the SPL were looking for when it went out to tender. :P

If in 22 days time things aren't resolved, or Rangers are still in the division, then they'll make the fixtures on the basis of Rangers participation. Maybe they'll be asked to try and keep Rangers-Dundee Utd clashes down a bit, incase Dundee are promoted, but that aside it doesn't matter.

It's a bit unfair on Dundee...now there's words I never thought I'd come out with...if they spend the summer building a squad geared to go for promotion then all of a sudden they are moved to the SPL with first division players and unable to duly strengthen.

FFS, WHY do they need this "Optimal Planning Solutions" - which immediately springs to mind some office of asexuals in designer business wear charging thousands of pounds to do what a Sinclair Spectrum copy of Football Manager is able to do in ten seconds flat?

Because they do it presented in a nice plastic binding (c/o Ronnie at the Copy Bureau) with reams of business psychobabble about "stepping up to challenges", "pushing the envelope on providing the complete package" and whatever else makes up a gallon of premium grade donkeywank?

No wonder Rangers got away with what they did for so long.

In fairness - the SPL list has been much-improved since they started using OPS. It's using OPS which heavily reduced the frequency of HHs/AAs, reduced Dundee clashes, and enabled a return to full NY derby cards.

I have to say this is a complete red-herring for me.

If in 22 days time things aren't resolved, or Rangers are still in the division, then they'll make the fixtures on the basis of Rangers participation. Maybe they'll be asked to try and keep Rangers-Dundee Utd clashes down a bit, incase Dundee are promoted, but that aside it doesn't matter.

Really? You think Dundee's fixtures and Rangers are interchangable.

Seeding suspect both would be expected to finish in opposite halves.

Travel - East Coast v West Coast would definately throw up different requirements.

Derbies - Hearts v Hibs, Killie vSaints and later Celtic v Dundee

Policing - Particularly relevant in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee.

"The Dundee United-Dundee situation is a bit more complex but the dialogue between the SPL and the SFL has helped. Blair said: “There are only two weekends next season where both are at home. On one of those weekends, Dundee United will play on Saturday with Dundee on Sunday and vice versa on the other weekend. This was fair and will avoid some of the issues we faced last season.”

If you caught the program on the English fixtures you have seen just how complex an apparently simple process is with some clubs even not being able to be schedules together as they use the same stewarding groups.

Just stumbled across a site called rangersrumours. Big ad on the front page gor debt advisors under the banner write off your debt. Brilliant

That's quite a funny site as you can enter any old rubbish and they usually publish it

Also, as it's anonymous, you can answer any rumour in any character you wish from rampant prodi to ultimate Gers apologist to pee them off :D

It's a bit unfair on Dundee...now there's words I never thought I'd come out with...if they spend the summer building a squad geared to go for promotion then all of a sudden they are moved to the SPL with first division players and unable to duly strengthen.

Aye, well I guess we'd just have to take it on the chin for the good of Scottish football ;)

And here's words I thought I'd never type - hope you win tomorrow.

Duffman strikes back, again..

David Whitehouse, Rangers' joint administrator, has accused Brian Kennedy of pursuing a "very dangerous strategy" towards the Ibrox club, which could push them into liquidation.Kennedy had joined forces with the Blue Knights consortium to bid for Rangers but that move was unsuccessful. On Friday, Kennedy – who owns the Sale Sharks rugby club – held a press conference along with the consortium leader, Paul Murray, in which the pair criticised the administrators of Duff & Phelps for not accepting their offer.

Whitehouse has now hit back regarding the Blue Knights' hopes of taking Rangers out of administration via a company voluntary arrangement. The administrator said: "At the moment we have four bids and they [the Blue Knights] are fourth of four. The Blue Knights have been told time and time again that the bid is too low. They have adopted a strategy to try and bulldoze the process and railroad us through to submission.

"Frankly, even if they were able to railroad us, which they won't, I don't believe that their offer is one the creditors will accept. And we speak to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs on a daily basis.

"HMRC have made it very clear that they don't believe in the football creditor rule so it would be contrary to stated policy to accept what the Blue Knights are proposing. Brian Kennedy and his lawyers and advisers are aware of that.

"Their offer is just not enough and to come out and say you've offered £11m is disingenuous to the fans. All I want do here is put the record straight and to state categorically that their bid has a value to creditors of £2m-£2.5m and it's too low. To say it's £11m is misleading."

Whitehouse added: "Brian Kennedy is adamant he'll come back in. He's sure that his tactics will remove everybody from the frame but my concern is that if his tactics were to achieve that they could bring about the true liquidation of the club. It's very hard to see how HMRC could be persuaded to accept a bid of that ilk when there's an asset base that includes Ibrox and the Murray Park training ground.

"I think he's pursuing a very dangerous strategy. If he thinks he can railroad the process and persuade HMRC to take his level of offer, it's dangerous. Brian put a proposal to us and said unless you accept it midday Friday I will withdraw it and then he said: 'Well, we're going to have a press conference to explain why our bid has failed and we'll do it at 3pm so you've got until then to change your mind.' And we said: 'Brian, we're not going to change our mind.' He said: 'We'll move it to 4pm, we'll give you another hour.'

"We want to get on with proper bidders and get a deal done, we don't want to be distracted by a sideshow. He has to buy the club with cash, not with media influence. If he wants to buy the club then make an offer that is comparable to other people. We're not talking days, the Knights have had nearly 12 weeks to do that."

A consortium led by the ex-Sheffield United chief executive is now the frontrunner to gain control of Rangers. "He's backed by a venture capital fund," Whitehouse said. "There are some relatively high-profile football people in his bid team."

My link

Edited by welshbairn

Duffman strikes back, again..

And we speak to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs on a daily basis.

Aye, folk chasing debts are liable to phone you every day :P

It's been clear from the start that the "Blue Knights" are skint and complete chancers. But for christ sake, did that contract really feature a clause about the quarter finals of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Guest

Aye, well I guess we'd just have to take it on the chin for the good of Scottish football ;)

And here's words I thought I'd never type - hope you win tomorrow.

We're allowed truces at times like this. beerchug.gif

No different to SFL clubs when Livingston got the late punt... I'm not aware of SPL having previously sought guarantees from clubs in administration, so if Rangers are still in membership, that's it IMO.

Really? You think Dundee's fixtures and Rangers are interchangable.

Seeding suspect both would be expected to finish in opposite halves.

Travel - East Coast v West Coast would definately throw up different requirements.

Derbies - Hearts v Hibs, Killie vSaints and later Celtic v Dundee

Policing - Particularly relevant in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee.

"The Dundee United-Dundee situation is a bit more complex but the dialogue between the SPL and the SFL has helped. Blair said: "There are only two weekends next season where both are at home. On one of those weekends, Dundee United will play on Saturday with Dundee on Sunday and vice versa on the other weekend. This was fair and will avoid some of the issues we faced last season."

If you caught the program on the English fixtures you have seen just how complex an apparently simple process is with some clubs even not being able to be schedules together as they use the same stewarding groups.

I'm perfectly aware of the issues... and as I said the sensible thing would be to have them opposite Dundee Utd as much as possible, in order to keep to a minimum the occasions in which Dundee + Dundee Utd might end-up at home at the same time (as happens currently with SPL-SFL arrangements). SFL itself would be best to have the losing Second Division play-off finalist arranged opposite Celtic, as much as possible.

But if you're suggesting that unless Rangers are in a position of certainty in 22 days time, they're going to be expelled, I'm afraid I think you're being exceedingly idealistic/optimistic.

I don't see how they can realistically be compulsorily expelled, let alone the prospect of them actually being so, for being in admin/having recently exited admin.

If not, it's a matter of mitigation in advance as far as is practicable. Or starting again from scratch (which is worse).

Edited by HibeeJibee

It's been clear from the start that the "Blue Knights" are skint and complete chancers. But for christ sake, did that contract really feature a clause about the quarter finals of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

next year :eek:

But if you're suggesting that unless Rangers are in a position of certainty in 22 days time, they're going to be expelled, I'm afraid I think you're being exceedingly idealistic/optimistic.

I don't see how they can realistically be compulsorily expelled, let alone the prospect of them actually being so.

Never entered my head for a minute it lead to expulsion merely a complete headache, further embarassment for the SPL and delay of fixture release for the rest of us.