Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

And back to Perth

Can I suggest to the Tannoy man to get the Little Voice soundtrack with Michael Caine singing It's Over

.......do watch and see how bloody good a choice this would be

....includes lines such as "what the f**k am I gonna do now" & "finished I'm f*****g finished" & Good f****g Bye" among his rant

Followed by the Rolling Stones The Last Time, then The End by The Doors. 8)

This was another unanswered question from me.

Is it possible to buy a player in May/June and just wait until July 1st to register or is the window specific to purchasing and not registering?

Speaking to a Leeds fan down here in the office this week, and the rumours in the city are that Leeds are up scouting at Ibrox to snap up players when they hit the wall. No doubt other Championship clubs are thinking the same.

Edited by bairney

Apparently Walter Smith and Graham Souness are suing the Blue Knights for defamation for claiming they have any link with them.

How long do they take to put them up?

Depends when they have an editor active..............they usually seem to be staffed until 1am, then there seem to be no new rumours/comments that get thru intil lunchtime the next day.

It's hit or miss.

I quite fancy being serious for a minute here (he says after several beers) how long are we going to let the uncertainty run?

The fixtures list has to be ready to go in 3 weeks. i know this isn't a major problem but it will certainly make us look more amateur than usual.

Chairmen are making up budgets for the season ahead and need clarity.

Managers are signing players on the strength of budgets, how long do they wait?

The SFL will be drawing up it's fixture list soon, will Dundee be in the 1st, will Rangers be in league 3. They might seriously need to start again with a set of league fixtures.

The Ramsdens cup is in 11 weeks (July 28th) Who is playing in this tournament, Rangers, Dundee or another team?

In all seriousness enough is enough, Scottish football can't just keep trotting along hoping this will work itself out.

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL NEEDS CLARITY

Edited by Gaz FFC

OMG they really are on the ball at RM. On the subject of Green.

I know that alarm bells are ringing, believe me I'm with you on that.

But if we keep forcing bidders out then our future is going to be worse than a fire sale of players/ hike in ST prices/ shady characters on board.

Hopefully he's not going to be detrimental to our club, but even if he is, let's listen to what he has to say. If he gets us a CVA, then if we don't like him start with the banners and force him to sell us.

Just please for f**k SAKE let's not do anything internally that drives away a potential saviour of the club, no matter how dodgy.

Looks like it's not lost yet for the BKs. :lol:

2 quick observations.

Brian Kennedy said he'd buy Rangers if that meant the difference between them existing or not existing. Now he's whoring himself and his bid in a public spat with the administrators. I'm just a man - therefore useless at understanding the human psyche - but he's exhibiting every sign of someone who wasn't telling the whole truth when he said way back that he wasn't bothered about buying them (him being a Hibee and all that) but he's got family members who are Rangers supporters and he wouldn't see them stuck. Tish and pish - he's a desperado.

Secondly, nobody has yet offered the price of Tor Andre Flo for Rangers. That's how far they have fallen - they have less about them than that big useless fud. Time to shut the gates - there's no recovering from a descent as steep as that.

It's a bit unfair on Dundee...now there's words I never thought I'd come out with...if they spend the summer building a squad geared to go for promotion then all of a sudden they are moved to the SPL with first division players and unable to duly strengthen.

That happened to us when Gretna went out the game. Relegated to Division Two then back up with a Division Two squad for regular spankings and inevitable relegation.

I just pledged a £5000 corporate package.

What are you doing to inflate the hopes of blubbering Rangers fans?

The Nolly and his whole family have gone "Corporate", no discount for a family membership of 8, I mean come on their is a recession on, and every penny counts at this time

Chairmen are making up budgets for the season ahead and need clarity.

Managers are signing players on the strength of budgets, how long do they wait?

I agree that this is a big one. However, my guess would be that SPL chairmen would rather keep the possibility of Rangers participating alive for as long as is viable, since the alternative is to accept a potentially massive financial hit when it isn't forced by necessity. (I say potential as one uncertainty which definently would be good resolved is Sky-ESPN's stance on Rangers-less SPL).

The fixtures list has to be ready to go in 3 weeks. i know this isn't a major problem but it will certainly make us look more amateur than usual.

The SFL will be drawing up it's fixture list soon, will Dundee be in the 1st, will Rangers be in league 3. They might seriously need to start again with a set of league fixtures.

The Ramsdens cup is in 11 weeks (July 28th) Who is playing in this tournament, Rangers, Dundee or another team?

I don't see these are sufficiently big issues to be clinchers or even of primary consideration, though. It's not impossible for fixtures to be issued for Rangers and [losing SFL3 play-off finalist], which are sufficiently adaptable that they could be taken-over by Dundee and AFC Rangers 2012/Spartans/etc. respectively, even with some tweaking.

AFC Rangers/Spartans/etc. could take-over Dundee's draw in the Ramsdens, Dundee could play-on to give extra revenue to help in signing SPL-level players, or their opponent could get a bye.

EDIT: Both involve "superficial niggles"... former slightly reduces % chance of balanced split; latter could see SW area side in a NE tie... but neither's vital.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I just pledged a £5000 corporate package.

What are you doing to inflate the hopes of blubbering Rangers fans?

The Nolly and his whole family have gone "Corporate", no discount for a family membership of 8, I mean come on their is a recession on, and every penny counts at this time

I like this part the best:

NO OBLIGATION

The packages outlined in the proposal are theoretical only, and by registering your interest with Rangers Unite, you are in no way obliged to follow through with any purchase.

Hahaha, you don't fucking say laugh.gif

I'd honestly preferred it if they say there was an obligation - and see them try to extract 5 grand from wee jock pooplong mcplop with a surprsingly St. Mirren orientated email address.

Not real name, I don't want them finding me ph34r.gif

Edited by Supras

YIPEEE someone a few days ago said how long would it be before Freddy Shepherd's name appeared and here we go pretty much right on cue

Daily Mail

I just love how they happily run from "British investors" to "money coming from Singapore". The last 3 months of the Rangers story have created more spin than all the spiders in the world.

I like this part the best:

Hahaha, you don't fucking say laugh.gif

I'd honestly preferred it if they say there was an obligation - and see them try to extract 5 grand from wee jock pooplong mcplop with a surprsingly St. Mirren orientated email address.

Not real name, I don't want them finding me ph34r.gif

I bet you have a boring name like John Smith. or Alistair Fat Sally McCoist. :D

I was tempted to make a banner which said the following

Rangers FC

Extinct

Before

Tuesday

I have a feeling the stewards would take exception to this or if pictured by the press i would have 25 death threats before they were dead. :huh:

Don't the timid & polite wee souls at RM bring a wee tear to your eye:

Mr Kennedy,

I am writing to ask that you please increase your offer for Rangers as a matter of urgency. In light of this mornings developments that Mr Green and his consortium including the Shepherds are to become preferred bidder and possible owners of our club i urge you to leave the Blue Knights and save our club yourself, be a hero. I believe the fans believe you, believe in you and trust you. You are the best option for our club. This English consortium frightens the life out of me and no doubt a section of our fans too. The unknown is worrying and the reports on said consortium are poor. Surely you know what it will take to become 1st bidder, so again, i ask you, offer what is needed and i promise you the fans will repay your faith and investment ten fold. Brian Kennedy, step up and pay, please. The Rangers need you

Edited by Claymores

I bet you have a boring name like John Smith. or Alistair Fat Sally McCoist. :D

I had Fat Sally.

I'm so unoriginal sad.gif

I was tempted to make a banner which said the following

Rangers FC

Extinct

Before

Tuesday

I have a feeling the stewards would take exception to this or if pictured by the press i would have 25 death threats before they were dead. :huh:

Yeah, well, now that you've posted it you have to do it or leave this thread forever dry.gif