Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How can it be a CVA when the club don't know if they owe £134m or £50m?

Not at all suspicious that it's the last day of the season and D&P don't want to be the ones who have to shut the doors.

This is very much like Murray handing over the club to Whyte, "I know nothing of you or your plans but take it, take it" whilst coats are hastily being donned.

D&P have been holding the scabby queen for long enough in their view.

Edited due to predictive text being smarter than me

^^^^THIS.... What the hell is going on with the BIG tax case.. are HMRC that feckless or the new owners not bothered about a potential extra £70m worth of liabilities????

Edited by welldaft

^^^^THIS.... What the hell is going on with the BIG tax case.. are HMRC that feckless or the new owners not bothered about a potential extra £70m worth of liabilities????

Surely no CVA has been agreed?

The media, and the bidders, like to report it as "This bid will involve a CVA" rather than the more accurate "This bid will involve a CVA, subject to the agreement of the creditors"

Seems to be missed a lot. Bidder saying its CVA I want is a long way from the offer being calculated as to what the creditors will be offered, after Haudit & Daudit get their cut etc..Then the offer goes out, gets voted on and wisdom would say be rejected by HMRC and possibly others. The 28days cooling off period and announcement of result.

Green wants CVA does not mean all signed and sealed.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Surely no CVA has been agreed?

The media, and the bidders, like to report it as "This bid will involve a CVA" rather than the more accurate "This bid will involve a CVA, subject to the agreement of the creditors"

They think if they tell the lie enough times it will become truth.

Does anyone else smell some soft loans approaching which can be added to the creditor list and reduce the HMRC holding to less than 25%. The loans are just bits of paper so it doesn't really matter whether they are for 1p in the £ as no money ever moves. Unless there are rules against introducing such capital into an existing administration? Whatever they look like not a penny will be spent to clear the debt. That will be rammed up the creditors' arses.

To quote myself from afore I fell asleep just as it was kicking off........

They were right for once:

from gersnet.......... :o

Straight £8.5m Sale of club No PB status

@GersnetOnline: Not hearing good news. No preferred bidder but an actual straight deal to sell club to Green for £8.5million. Hope I'm wrong! #wrongchoice

Very worrying!

Anybody remember this 'cos it makes everything irrelevant so Div 3 at best.

What about needing a Uefa lisence to be part of the SPL bit? Its gone quiet on that front in the last couple of days, but if they are not in a position to obtain one they MUST be expelled as they would fail to meet the criteria for the SPL.

now to stream SSN for any press conference, wheres my ciggies and coffe?

Edited by wunfellaff

June 6th before the club is actually purchased? Plenty of time for this Green character to pull out. The statement goes onto say that if the CVA doesn't go through at that creditor's meeting then they'll be going down the newco route. Still plenty of twists to come, I think.

Edited by The Naitch

Agreed but as pointed out, he is heavily involved at Spurs. Dont know the current ins and outs of being involved in two clubs from different associations but if its allowed its probably the only good bit of news for the SS bigots!!

I think it would infringe UEFA rules and would keep the Gers out of Europe if Spurs qualified. :lol:

June 6th before the club is purchased? Plenty of time for this Green character to pull out.

June 6th ? Thats D-Day anniversary :lol:

Chas Green 'Not every decision at a club can be popular' laugh.giflaugh.gif

Attempt to CVA on June 6th, if not liquidation. Let's hope nothing goes wrong between now and then. Let's see...

1) Appeal on Weds

2) PAYE due

3) Payday

4) BBC doco on May 23rd

5) Salaries revert June 1st

6) FTT still awaited

Love that they called a press conference at 10am on a Sunday. No time for any journos that might ask awkward questions to get there, eh?

I liked that when sally was asked if he had spoken to Spackman he sais yes then added "but to be fair I've spoken to a lot of people."

ie. Spackman said Green was a dick but I cant say that at a press conference.

If they are buying it on the 6th, when do they offer a potential CVA? Is there not something like a 28 days for creditors to think about the offer, then when they get rubber eared on this it gives them about 20 minutes to get up and running a newco to play Berwick(the big rangers) in the harry ramsden challange cup first round....deadlines...deadlines...deadlines.