Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Couldn't help laugh at the rantings of some Rangers twat in the Evening Times today in response to last nights appeal hearing:-

THURSDAY 17 MAY 2012 TEXT SIZE Fans' chief: Rangers must fight SFA ban to ends of the earth

Alison McConnell

Football Writer

Rangers' administrators were today weighing up their options but look certain to take legal action against the SFA, possibly in civil courts or the Court or Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland. ...

They wont. They really wont

"There are lots of players in the SPL that I am sure Rangers will have been looking at, and the bottom line is that buying these guys from other Scottish clubs benefits the game.

"If you take that out for a year then I am sure there will be one or two clubs who will feel it.

Man alive. It really beggars belief that these people think they will come out of this and be spending money on players again, just like before. Even without a transfer ban, Rangers wont be paying any club in the world the kind of money that would make a significant difference to their bank accounts for quite a while.

Indeed. Rangers' trolling on the transfer actually screwed Kilmarnock. Had Naismith not had Visigoth hankerings, I think you'd have got a better price for him from England.

I'm not sure. They tried to unsettle him all the way through the process, but Johnston was always quoted as wanting £2m for him, which was what we eventually got (Naismith made up the £100k from his signing on fee).

We did get shafted by them on Boyd though. He was on his way to Cardiff to sign for £600k before allegedly getting a phone call from Iain Durrant telling him to sit tight and wait for Rangers. We ended up getting £400k from them.

Andy Kerr's threats;

Pull out of Scottish Cup - Lets cut off one of only three competitive footballing revenue threads for next season.

Pull players out of Scotland squad. The only 3 Rangers on squad are Mcgregor (no probs plenty of decent goalies),

Wallace (which brings us to Kerrs point about buying players from other teams helps them - only if you pay for them ya bam),

and Whittaker. 3 pullouts from a squad of 20+, and with the line Levein has taken with Fletcher can just see that 3 destroying their intenational careers.

Kerr - you make Dark Mingwall appear sane and intelligent.

Edited by MEADOWXI

They wont. They really wont

Man alive. It really beggars belief that these people think they will come out of this and be spending money on players again, just like before. Even without a transfer ban, Rangers wont be paying any club in the world the kind of money that would make a significant difference to their bank accounts for quite a while.

We're not in a vacuum anyway. All the best SPL youngsters have been moving to England rather than joining Rangers recently.

And Readings' improbable run to the top of the Championship meant #RFC tags led to half screaming Orks and half happy Majedski Stadium folks on the feed. And the Texas Rangers are jut settling into the baseball season.

They really have to come up with a distinctive search and social media optimized name for the newco.

The NHL side, by the way, is a horrifically financially bloated monster with the second most unpleasant fans in the league. And they play n blue.

Forgot i had my Texas rangers cap on last OF game and got some funny looks walking round ASDA, with Rangers written on the back

Excellent: just when the faint sound of the media preparing their tiny violins in sympathy for Rangers, their classless scumbag fans remind us all why we have to keep kicking into their utterly finished club. Rangers are continuing to drag Scottish football through the mud: it's time the relevant authorities had the stones to finally kick them out for good.

Edited by vikingTON

And Readings' improbable run to the top of the Championship meant #RFC tags led to half screaming Orks and half happy Majedski Stadium folks on the feed. And the Texas Rangers are jut settling into the baseball season.

They really have to come up with a distinctive search and social media optimized name for the newco.

The NHL side, by the way, is a horrifically financially bloated monster with the second most unpleasant fans in the league. And they play n blue.

Forgot i had my Texas rangers cap on last OF game and got some funny looks walking round ASDA, with Rangers written on the back

:D The Rangers aren't getting 'settled in', they're fucking owning it. Best starting rotation in baseball and not run-shy either. Going all the way this year 8)

Rangers really aren't handling the realisation that they aren't Real Madrid or Manchester United very well, are they. They enjoyed the trappings - the marquee Souness era signings, the European adventures, being mentioned with Celtic as being candidates for any Euro 'Super League', and generally acted the Johnny big baws. When it comes crumbling down, it must be hard to take - especially when you know that it was all done in a manner that would embarrass Quick Quid or Pounds to Pocket.

Hard to take when you need to accept you aren't Real Madrid from the Bernabeau, but a bunch of cheating cnuts from Govan.

Fortunately, I will never face such a fall from grace, and talk of retribution or getting it right up the rest of Scottish football in a fit of pique. The team I support are generally a bit on the pish side anyway, so I'm pretty happy with a cup win every 25 years and the odd rogering of Morton. Easy the Mirren.

Incidentally, I'm stunned (in a good way) that the SFA have upheld the embargo. I would never have thought they'd had the guts to do it, but there we are. I'm delighted to be proven wrong.

Excellent: just when the faint sound of the media preparing their tiny violins in sympathy for Rangers, their classless scumbag fans remind us all why we have to keep kicking into their utterly finished club. Rangers are continuing to drag Scottish football through the mud: it's time the relevant authorities had the stones to finally kick them out for good.

Have a (Charles) greeny.

Post your favourite #FuckTheSFA tweets!

Good luck beating this pearler:

Richie McNicol ‏@McNicol94

Stupid Transfer ban, now missing out on Gattuso, Lovenkrands, Novo, Heskey and Owen #FuckTheSFA

Incidentally, I'm stunned (in a good way) that the SFA have upheld the embargo. I would never have thought they'd had the guts to do it, but there we are. I'm delighted to be proven wrong.

They'll be sorry though, now that H&D are taking the matter all the way.

Maybe chicmac can advise them as to which supranational body has competence to hear their pleas.

Edited by H_B

:D The Rangers aren't getting 'settled in', they're fucking owning it. Best starting rotation in baseball and not run-shy either. Going all the way this year 8)

Hope so the last couple years have been heartbreaking, especially last year.

Anyway back on topic. So glad they upheld punishment and hope the do appeal as i am sure UEFA will have a field day.

1337264977[/url]' post='6246685']

Rangers really aren't handling the realisation that they aren't Real Madrid or Manchester United very well, are they. They enjoyed the trappings - the marquee Souness era signings, the European adventures, being mentioned with Celtic as being candidates for any Euro 'Super League', and generally acted the Johnny big baws. When it comes crumbling down, it must be hard to take - especially when you know that it was all done in a manner that would embarrass Quick Quid or Pounds to Pocket.

Hard to take when you need to accept you aren't Real Madrid from the Bernabeau, but a bunch of cheating cnuts from Govan.

Fortunately, I will never face such a fall from grace, and talk of retribution or getting it right up the rest of Scottish football in a fit of pique. The team I support are generally a bit on the pish side anyway, so I'm pretty happy with a cup win every 25 years and the odd rogering of Morton. Easy the Mirren.

Run out of greens but a perfect summary.

Sadly I think Andy Kerr sums up the mind set of many bears, who haven't even bothered to look into the real reasons for this punishment (reading last friday's papers would have been an idea). Fine, let them wallow in their own ignorance.

Very true. Can't believe the amount of them I've talked to that are raging about this punishment, it's "Far too harsh a punishment for going into administration!!!"

How about you actually find out what your club are being punished for before deciding that it's too harsh.

Anybody that has read the charges would find it really hard to say that they've not been let off really lightly here. A ban on signing players for a team that doesn't have any money to sign players.

Green must be rubbing his hands at this, no way he would have wanted to hand over the "Warchest" to McCoist, now he can keep the biscuit tin firmly closed and the "WE DESERVE BETTER" brigade will point the finger at the SFA rather than him.

Result!

We can only hope Rangers take this to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), since it worked a treat for SION....................they will find out what sort of power a real football organization has. :P

from facebook

R--i S--d

I remember when celtic went off their nuts when jim farry tried to screw over jorge cadete. They're now trying to screw us over and it's time something was done about it. No point protesting the cup final on saturday, hibs and hearts earned their day, boycott all away spl games, boycott all sfa and spl sponsors, and if we do end up with a newco then don't bother applying for the scottish 3rd division, I'd much rather any newco applied for the bottom division in england where any success would be properly rewarded. f**k the SFA x

Like · · 7 minutes ago via mobile ·

Derek Hivvy Holland id love to know why you think the punishment is unfair?

5 minutes ago · Like

nae replywink.gif