Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If you can't afford one, can I recommend holding off on paying your tax for a bit, and then only paying the first installment?

Can't think where I got that idea

:lol::lol::lol:

Tempting as that seems, I think I'll get a bonus paid via an EBT to avoid the tax, in fact may as well get my wages through the EBT as well....it's what all the smart kids are doing nowadays.

I am totally confused why anyone connected with Rangers thinks the signing ban for 1 year is a particularly harsh punishment for the following reasons:

1. They could have been kicked out of the SFA but weren't

2. The can still re-sign existing players

3. They have a squad strong enough to finish 2nd in the SPL and possibly compete with Celtic for 1st

4. They are not in Europe next season so don't need to invest in players to get in to the Champions league

The way DP&G and Fat Sally are going on they are either using this as a smokescreen to keep the fans anger pointed elsewhere or they know that there will be a mass exodus of players because the contracts were re-written (or both).

What do you think?

I am totally confused why anyone connected with Rangers thinks the signing ban for 1 year is a particularly harsh punishment for the following reasons:

3. They have a squad strong enough to finish 2nd in the SPL and possibly compete with Celtic for 1st

4. They are not in Europe next season so don't need to invest in players to get in to the Champions league

The way DP&G and Fat Sally are going on they are either using this as a smokescreen to keep the fans anger pointed elsewhere or they know that there will be a mass exodus of players because the contracts were re-written (or both).

What do you think?

So they can say "One overly harsh decision by the SFA killed Rangers", rather than admitting the truth.

Death better not come in the first week of June.....I'm on the Isle of Man watching the TT away from any internet capabilities at all. :angry::(

Do I now have to purchase one of those new fangled 3G phones just in case I miss everything while away.

I was always told that no man is an island. :ph34r:

What do you think?

Totally. Its a mercy punishment - Rangers are incapable of balancing their books so one potential method of spunking other peoples cash has been removed from them, making it easier to balance the books going forward

you know, the strange thing is that walter smith spent very little if anything in the first couple of years in charge when the club realised they needed to get their debts down. The only difference here is that someone else is dictating the measures. Also, they will still have easily the most expensive squad bar celtic in scotland if most players resign. I think it's pretty lenient and will only be damaging if rangers fail to sign up their key players.

Wrong. As soon as Walter Smith took over in in a January transfer window he spent £2M on Kevin Thomson. The following season he spent about £10 million on the likes of Cuellar, Naismith and McCulloch, then the season after that he spent more than £15 million, bringing in Laffery, Mendes, Davis, Bougherra and more. They didn't spend a transfer fee the season after that but that was only because of the amount Sir Walter Nosurname had blown on mediocrity in the previous seasons, not any great desire to bring the debt down, which is evidenced by their return to spending the follow season, with £4M being spent on Jelavic alone. This was despite the media constantly telling us how Rangers were skint and 'Walter' was doing a brilliant job working to a budget.

I just love trying to work out how the minds of the tossers over on RM work. Time and again they claim to want to start again in the 3rd division because it will put the diddies out of business and kill off the SPL but then talk about how, after 3 years they will come back stronger and beat all the (defunct) f*ckers in the (non-existant) SPL.

However some are better finds than others and this guy really takes some beating. On the subject of the 2 year resignation period from the SPL:

The sfa would I suggest put pressure on the sfl to ensure we did not gain admittance even as a newco, I doubt whither uefa would look upon us favourably either.

We should refuse to pay any fine thus making the sfa make a hard decision, if they were to expel us for refusal to pay that would be a different ball game, we could then apply to the sfl as being expelled (unjustly) we would have bypassed the two year rule.

totally ignoring the fact that they have to be affiliated to the SFA to join the SFL. :lol:

The "Bearsden Forum" :lol::lol:

Topics include: "Why Double Parking Your 4x4 At Cashpoints Is OK", and "My Child Has Befriended An Anniesland Youth - Should I Disown Him?"

and ...ive just spotted someone in murdoch park who wasnt wearing Hunter Wellingtons !!

I just love trying to work out how the minds of the tossers over on RM work. Time and again they claim to want to start again in the 3rd division because it will put the diddies out of business and kill off the SPL but then talk about how, after 3 years they will come back stronger and beat all the (defunct) f*ckers in the (non-existant) SPL.

However some are better finds than others and this guy really takes some beating. On the subject of the 2 year resignation period from the SPL:

totally ignoring the fact that they have to be affiliated to the SFA to join the SFL. :lol:

It really does make for hilarious viewing! laugh.gif

I seen one post that stated that Rangers should appeal the transfer ban/fine decision to the courts who would overturn the decision and then Uefa would subsequently ban all Scottish clubs from European competitions as they are run by the 'corrupt' SFA. Apparently this will show how influential Rangers are and that if they are going then they have the power to bring the rest of Scottish football with them! laugh.gif

What would top this off would be for Chic Young and Jim Traynor to do so much crying on Spostsound tonight that they electrocuted themselves on their microphones. :P

At work so will not see Jim Shite on SSN - Do you think he will start wearing the black armband today, or next week ?

What would top this off would be for Chic Young and Jim Traynor to do so much crying on Spostsound tonight that they electrocuted themselves on their microphones. :P

Do they have a webcam in the studio ? I'd certainly tune in for that ! tongue.gif

whistling.gif"its my party and I'll fry if I want too.........you would fry too if it happened to you" whistling.gif

biggrin.gif