Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Maradona is to sue the Italian government for £40 million despite owing the country £32m in unpaid taxes. Maradona, who was a superstar for Napoli in the 80s and 90s, was hoping to clear his tax bill with the authorities so that he could return and visit the country without being pestered and offered to pay £2.8m to settle matters. However, Italy's tax collection agency Equitalia in Naples remains resolute that the Argentine legend pay the full amount.

An Equitalia spokesman said: "We are not in the habit of offering deals and we have turned the offer from Maradona down. The case will continue through the legal system."

However, Maradona's legal team have now launched a counter claim for £40m which they say is for "mortification and harm suffered to his image, dignity and quality of life".

Last week, Maradona, who currently coaches in the United Arab Emirates, slammed Equitalia and said they were partly to blame for a recent spate of suicides in Italy related to debt problems.

"No-one more than me knows what this is like - I too have been persecuted for 25 years," he said.

"I express my solidarity and closeness to those people who are victims of Equitalia. Instead of persecuting people these institutions should be protecting honest citizens.

"For 25 years I was alone, abandoned and persecuted. I was considered guilty without even being tried by judges. I have been treated like a criminal and my human dignity and sporting image has been violated.

"I had the strength to resist but I can understand those that cannot cope, I know what it feels like inside. I want to win this battle, above all for the victims of Equitalia."

In 2006 Italian authorities confiscated two Rolex watches and a set of diamond earrings from the manager when he landed in the country to put towards the unpaid tax bill."

Does this greetin' rant remind anyone of something happening in Scottish football at the moment? Disnae pay his taxes, but it's somebody else's fault!!!!

Sounds like we have found the next candidate for the new consortium!!

Ahhhh rankers fans, comedians and they dont even know it.

Whilst having our rolls and sausage this morning, blue workmate, turns to me and asks "what do you think of Alan Pardew?"

"Eh, good manager. Did well with an average team, brought in some good players. Why?"

"Yeah I was thinking that too. I reckon if we offer him the money that we now cant spend on players next season, he could win us the league even with the points deduction."

Raised eyebrow huh.gif

"Think about it. He's not going to win the league with newcastle and if he wants one of the top jobs he'd be better coming to rangers."

blink.gif

Given the military hardware being deployed around other Olypmic venues protesting at Hampden during the Olympic matches might just be the WORST idea to come out of RM.

The security at Hampden for the Olympics will be night and day from your average football match, try anything there and I'm sure they'll regret it.

And comparing themselves to the suffargettes and the jews in nazi Germany, good to see they're keeping things in perspective.

1337248386[/url]' post='6245909']

Whilst having our rolls and sausage this morning, blue workmate, turns to me and asks "what do you think of Alan Pardew?"

"Eh, good manager. Did well with an average team, brought in some good players. Why?"

"Yeah I was thinking that too. I reckon if we offer him the money that we now cant spend on players next season, he could win us the league even with the points deduction."

Raised eyebrow huh.gif

"Think about it. He's not going to win the league with newcastle and if he wants one of the top jobs he'd be better coming to rangers."

blink.gif

They've got to spend that war chest somehow....he's only being practical.

The delusion knows no bounds. Has the penny still not dropped that it is 50/50 whether they will even exist next season. Ok, maybe 60/40 in favour of certain death.

Raised eyebrow huh.gif

blink.gif

Your work mate is clearly an idiot.

I think you mentioned earlier that he was fairly reasonable (well, at least not a knuckledragger). What is it about Rangers that makes otherwise sane minded human beings completely delusional?

Edited by Kyle

Raised eyebrow huh.gif

blink.gif

I would love to see his pleased wee face just after he said this, thinking he's come up with a master plan. I think he's missed a trick though, Capello's out a job so wouldn't even have to pay compensation. Rangers would be quids in!

I'd logged out just before the big news broke last night, having assumed, as I think most did, that we wouldn't get a verdict for a couple of days at least.

My worst fears weren't realised, and I'm hugely delighted that the SFA have demonstrated how cheating should be dealth with (though Rangers being expelled altogether wouldn't have been a disproportionate sanction, IMO).

This is a very symbolic decision. For me, the actual decision to throw out their appeal is far more significant than the sanctions in themselves. A clear marker has been laid out, and the SPL will have to consider this long and hard.

D&Ps are looking pretty silly with their posturing over this, and they ought to be keeping a lower profile given their shenanigans throughout this entire affair.

Oh, and....

Sandy Jardine; Ally McCoist; Mark Hately; Andy Goram; Jim Traynor; Chick Young; Legless Leggo; Billy Dodds; Rangers Media; Donald Findlay; Big Hoose troll; King Billy; Charles Green and your 20 imaginary friends who live at the bottom of your garden; Sandy Jardine; Watty Smith; Sandy Jardine....

...and Sandy Jardine again (for good measure).

GIRFUY!

*edit: typo*

Edited by Drooper

Raised eyebrow huh.gif

blink.gif

laugh.gif

What amazes me is that Rangers/Green think they can just appeal the verdict again after their appeal was dismissed. FFS Green disappear.

I await the fire sale - at least that is one deadline we are sure of - June 1st.:D

Today's iPod soundtrack..................

1. Celebrate - Kool & the Gang

2. ...And Justice For All - Metallica

3. Just Can't get Enough - Depeche Mode

4. Turn Off The Lights (When you leave the big hoose) - Larry Young

5. Die, Die My Darling - Metallica

6. Dead In The water - David Gray

7. Love & Affection (For the SFA) - Joan Armatrading

8. Everybody Knows You Cried Last night - The Fratellis

9. It's All Over Now - the Rolling Stones

10. Good Times - Chic

I would love to see his pleased wee face just after he said this, thinking he's come up with a master plan. I think he's missed a trick though, Capello's out a job so wouldn't even have to pay compensation. Rangers would be quids in!

What's Scolari up to these days?

I've logged out just before the big news broke last night, having assumed, as I think most did, that we wouldn't get a verdict for a couple of days at least.

My worst fears weren't realised, and I'm hugely delighted that the SFA have demonstrated how cheating should be dealt with (though Rangers being expelled altogether wouldn't have been a disproportionate sanction, IMO).

This is a very symbolic decision. For me, the actual decision to throw out their appeal is far more significant than the sanctions in themselves. A clear marker has been laid out, and the SPL will have to consider this long and hard.

D&Ps are looking pretty silly with their posturing over this, and they ought to be keeping a lower profile given their shenanigans throughout this entire affair.

Oh, and....

Sandy Jardine; Ally McCoist; Mark Hately; Andy Goram; Jim Traynor; Chick Young; Legless Leggo; Billy Dodds; Rangers Media; Donald Findlay; Big Hoose troll; King Billy; Charles Green and your 20 imaginary friends who live at the bottom of your garden; Sandy Jardine; Watty Smith; Sandy Jardine....

...and Sandy Jardine again (for good measure).

GIRFUY!

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Football is a GAME!!!!

I can't think of 2 other teams in the world where their fans see the club as not just part of their lives, but their lives. Over the years we have had numerous stabbings, killings, riots, wife beatings, etc, etc all because of the OF. Ok, so the italians can be pretty mental at times, eg lobbing mopeds from top tiers, but in the main its not as indoctrinated in them as the OF.

Ajax v Feyenoord, Galatasaray v Besiktas, River Plate v Boca, Swansea v Cardiff, West Ham v Milwall, Lazio v Roma(although not so much recently, they appear to have finally tired of killing each other...) I could go on, but there are countless rivalries that are as bad, if not worse than the OF. The religious aspect of it is the main difference, the rest tend to be based on class or geography.

Logged on to Follow Follow to see the reaction of my fellow Rangers supporters. Certainly cheered me up as i am still laughing at this wee gem. I thought i could be Paranoid but this has taken it to a whole new level.

'I don't understand why people are surprised! Politics in Scotland, the judiciary in Scotland, the Press and the wider media in Scotland, the SFA, slowly but effectively the Police, the Banking and Insurance Industry, are all cleverly being taken over by a small minority where the one thing that they have in common is a hatred for rangers FC and the people that support them.

They are a minority, but the majority is just sitting back and watching it happen, or worse still are actively helping them as the recent results in the local elections have shown'

And they wonder why people don't take them seriously :rolleyes:

Logged on to Follow Follow to see the reaction of my fellow Rangers supporters. Certainly cheered me up as i am still laughing at this wee gem. I thought i could be Paranoid but this has taken it to a whole new level.

'I don't understand why people are surprised! Politics in Scotland, the judiciary in Scotland, the Press and the wider media in Scotland, the SFA, slowly but effectively the Police, the Banking and Insurance Industry, are all cleverly being taken over by a small minority where the one thing that they have in common is a hatred for rangers FC and the people that support them.

They are a minority, but the majority is just sitting back and watching it happen, or worse still are actively helping them as the recent results in the local elections have shown'

And they wonder why people don't take them seriously :rolleyes:

No one likes us, but we obviously do care.

If Rangers want to appeal maybe before they do they should get a perspective on how important they are in the UK never mind Europe. Go on the BBC website, watched the news on BBC & Sky this morning and flicked between 5Liv, Talkbollox & R Scot in car. Except Radio Scot nobody cares.

Dalglish is a bigger story and this has now been overtaken by Owen getting the dunt from Man U.

Outside Scotland this is a zero interest story. Go to the front page of BBC Sport and find it hidden halfway down in the middle.

These nutjobs boycotting everything under the sun seem to have been between off the market by the media outside Scotland boycotting their plight & misery.