Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think you can really blame the players for accepting EBTs unless it becomes clear on an individual basis that they knew it was dodgy... Many footballers are not the brightest, plus if the club (and presumably their agent) is giving it the thumbs-up, you'd not question it. Remember too that EBTs weren't illegal - it may be the detail of how Rangers administered them.

Also top-end football has long employed numerous contrived payments methods... image rights another example.

It wouldn't surprise me if many top footballers don't have a clue about their pay beyond how much they get.

Interesting development with Darlington today. The club couldnt agree a cva and all assets were moved to a 'newco', the football league werent happy that they looked to be avoiding their debts and had them dropped four divisions. Admittedly Darlington were serial administrators but still.....

well why should a pheonix club retrieve the proceeds of crime (as such),as theft (technically) has taken place ?

Interesting development with Darlington today. The club couldnt agree a cva and all assets were moved to a 'newco', the football league werent happy that they looked to be avoiding their debts and had them dropped four divisions. Admittedly Darlington were serial administrators but still.....

The newco bought the name etc weeks ago leaving the debt in the old club. They knew multiple relegation was likely, they actually went down one more than they hoped.. That's why they agreed a ground sharing with Shildon. They only need a ground compliant with the level they expected to play in.

What did this lichtieforlife do anyway?

Fucking hero for doing that anyways.

Well perhaps our sfa should see darlingtons punishment as what to do to rangers?

<br />I don't think you can really blame the players for accepting EBTs unless it becomes clear on an individual basis that they knew it was dodgy... Many footballers are not the brightest, plus if the club (and presumably their agent) is giving it the thumbs-up, you'd not question it. Remember too that EBTs weren't illegal - it may be the detail of how Rangers administered them.<br /><br />Also top-end football has long employed numerous contrived payments methods... image rights another example.<br /><br />It wouldn't surprise me if many top footballers don't have a clue about their pay beyond how much they get.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Footballers earn enough money, they have easy access to accountants, agents, legal advisors. Ignorance is no excuse.

The newco bought the name etc weeks ago leaving the debt in the old club. They knew multiple relegation was likely, they actually went down one more than they hoped.. That's why they agreed a ground sharing with Shildon. They only need a ground compliant with the level they expected to play in.

Rangers needn't worry, tbf, the criteria for Central District 2nd Division of West Region SJFA are fairly relaxed.

I think you may have missed my point. What I'm saying is that I believe (and I'm just putting 2 and 2 together - it may make 7 !) that the vast majority of West Coast (and some East Coast) sports journos pretty much knew what was going on at Ibrox but their desire to stay in the loop ensured that no-one broke the omerta. Think about it, someone like Chick Faeces might join Richard Gordon for lunch in the BBC canteen and they chat about this and that......you get the picture.

This is why The RTC Blogger should get the Nobel Prize for Service to Humanity. :rolleyes: He / she has succeeded in bringing down an organisation that The Vatican, the SFA and the Scottish Govt. couldn't touch.

(Ooh, rambling now.........)

I think your right and when you look at the number of players involved and factor in agents, other players, mates, wags etc then surely chico and traynor ( useless as they are ) must have had contacts somewhere in amongst all those who knew. Think its fair to assume that we Dudds would have confided in someone as soon as this broke. Think it`s also fair to assume that a raft of other players were offered these deals but chose to sign elsewhere. Did none of their agents ask other clubs why they couldn`t offer a similar deal to that on the - sorry - under the table at Ibrox. Strange that none of the current management team are involved............

My favourite little RanjursMedia snippet of the day.....

.....as the BBC has ired them by reporting H&D to the Insolvency Practitioners Association.....

"Boycott tv licences. The bhastards"

or have there been any better pearls today?

.....as the BBC has ired them by reporting H&D to the Insolvency Practitioners Association.....

:lol: Boycotting things seem to be the "in thing" with Rangers fans this season.

Great idea - one match programme for 2 sets of supporters.

Banzai !

Lots of possibilities. Share Sommerville Park....Rangers at home every week, Cambuslang could let them borrow strips till they're up and running. The Central 2nd Div can negotiate it's own TV deal............MNF, on SKY......Wishy v Rainjurs!

That lot haven't got a frigging TV licence between them. Most of them got their Sky viewing cards 'aff some wee guy in the boozer'.

Next thing they'll be boycotting broadsheet newspapers and anthologies of modern poetry.

That lot haven't got a frigging TV licence between them. Most of them got their Sky viewing cards 'aff some wee guy in the boozer'.

Next thing they'll be boycotting broadsheet newspapers and anthologies of modern poetry.

A lot of them would probably struggle with a rag, never mind a broadsheet :ph34r:.

Just noticed Speirs has tweeted today the original article by Traynor where he bangs on about billionaire Whyte riding to the rescue, warchests etc.( sorry I don`t know how to attach links ) Bit of a dirty trick but hilarious and I suppose if the gloves are off....

Here`s hoping Traynor is proved to have been on the take. Seems more likely than Prince Albert and Lumley getting dragged in to it !

Why are so many people saying that Marvin Andrews the utter homophobe is such a nice guy?

I've never said Marvin was "nice". :rolleyes: As a fully committed aetheist, I laugh my cock off when I hear religionists spout their guff.

Marvin sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver. Naughty, naughty boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2D6eter7M