Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"It's particularly sad when a world which should be an expression of the highest values - sport, youth, competition, fairness turns out to be a mass of foul play, falsehood and demagoguery." - Mr Monti

I didn't know the Italian PM was following the Rangers case :o

I think the SFA would welcome FIFA a ban on the national team,

^^^^^This

FIFA should put the complete shyters up the SFA and threaten a ban on all International Qualifiers if they don't punish Rangers appropriately. This happened in Switzerland and so it can happen here. Make it happen.

I completely disagree with those knickerwetters on this thread saying the Court of Session decision was appalling. On the contrary, Rangers can now only suffer a stricter or worse sanction from the SFA, namely suspension or expulsion. I now await the tribunal's revised punishment with great interest. Kick them out now. If Rangers apply to become a newco then that newco must be sanctioned by....you guessed it.....the SFA. What's the chances the SFA will grant Rangers a licence after all thats happened, the square root of f*** all. The Court of Session decision was the best decision that could have happened today. Let's not forget, of the SFA don't do anything then big daddy FIFA will. Bye bye Rangers, it's been a total displeasure knowing you and your ilk.

Borrowed from another forum ........

*Phone rings*

Sepp Blatter: Hello?

Stewart Regan: Hello Sepp, it's Stewart Regan here

Blatter: Who?

Regan: Umm, Stewart Regan

Blatter: I don't want cheaper car insurance

Regan: No.. I'm umm, in charge of the Scottish Football Association

Blatter: Where?

Regan: Scotland... uhh, we are just a bit North of England

Blatter: Oh, I can't stand them, what do you want?

Regan: Well, it's this thing about Rangers

Blatter: Ah, Rangers, good club, Champions League, Europa League final, yes? I know them very well

Regan: Well, uhh, they broke some rule and we tried to punish them, and they ran away to the courts to change it

Blatter: But, this is disgraceful, they signed up to your rules, and must abide by the punishments they signed up to, we will hammer them

Regan: Ah, but umm, this punishment wasn't actually in the rules

Blatter: O...k... so, there were no other punishments?

Regan: Well, yes, but they would have affected my sponsorship money and stuff, and we fined them the most we could, even though they are in administration and don't have any money, because this guy took them over and he was a bad, bad guy.

Blatter: He must have been clever, to pass through your strict rules on people who can run clubs

Regan: Ah, well, yes, umm, I mean he said he was ok

Blatter: And your checks?

Regan: Well, we didn't do any

Blatter: You are a complete moron aren't you?

Regan: But, but, but Peter says.....

Phone slammed down.

I completely disagree with those knickerwetters on this thread saying the Court of Session decision was appalling. On the contrary, Rangers can now only suffer a stricter or worse sanction from the SFA, namely suspension or expulsion. I now await the tribunal's revised punishment with great interest. Kick them out now. If Rangers apply to become a newco then that newco must be sanctioned by....you guessed it.....the SFA. What's the chances the SFA will grant Rangers a licence after all thats happened, the square root of f*** all. The Court of Session decision was the best decision that could have happened today. Let's not forget, of the SFA don't do anything then big daddy FIFA will. Bye bye Rangers, it's been a total displeasure knowing you and your ilk.

I think you're dreaming - SFA are hung on their own petart for previously stating that suspension/expulsion was too severe for the crime. As they've already applied the maximum fine, the only alternative seems exclusion from the Scottish Cup - big whoops that one

^^^^^This

FIFA should put the complete shyters up the SFA and threaten a ban on all International Qualifiers if they don't punish Rangers appropriately. This happened in Switzerland and so it can happen here. Make it happen.

The Sion situation was quite different and Sion was never punished for going to the courts.

One of the relevant Conditions of the offer is

4.22.6 all consents or other requirements of the SPL and SFA having been obtained or

complied with so that Rangers Football Club can continue to participate in such

domestic leagues and competitions as it currently participates in.

So competing in the cup is one of the hinges.

I wouldn't like to guess at what the SFA will do now.

The CVA is not relevant to the decision to be made by the SFA. They should make that decision in isolation.

However, what the SFA decides to do may have an impact on the validity of the CVA.

Borrowed from another forum ........

*Phone rings*

Sepp Blatter: Hello?

Stewart Regan: Hello Sepp, it's Stewart Regan here

Blatter: Who?

Regan: Umm, Stewart Regan

Blatter: I don't want cheaper car insurance

Regan: No.. I'm umm, in charge of the Scottish Football Association

Blatter: Where?

Regan: Scotland... uhh, we are just a bit North of England

Blatter: Oh, I can't stand them, what do you want?

Regan: Well, it's this thing about Rangers

Blatter: Ah, Rangers, good club, Champions League, Europa League final, yes? I know them very well

Regan: Well, uhh, they broke some rule and we tried to punish them, and they ran away to the courts to change it

Blatter: But, this is disgraceful, they signed up to your rules, and must abide by the punishments they signed up to, we will hammer them

Regan: Ah, but umm, this punishment wasn't actually in the rules

Blatter: O...k... so, there were no other punishments?

Regan: Well, yes, but they would have affected my sponsorship money and stuff, and we fined them the most we could, even though they are in administration and don't have any money, because this guy took them over and he was a bad, bad guy.

Blatter: He must have been clever, to pass through your strict rules on people who can run clubs

Regan: Ah, well, yes, umm, I mean he said he was ok

Blatter: And your checks?

Regan: Well, we didn't do any

Blatter: You are a complete moron aren't you?

Regan: But, but, but Peter says.....

Phone slammed down.

I'm guessing from this you think no action will be taken by FIFA?

Nope ... no action from FIFA IMHO.

Partly because their remedy is the CAS and SFA rules do not allow for that.

But, mainly, because they don't want to tangle with EU laws. Every time they have tried that in the past they got screwed (e.g. Bosman). My guess is that they will tell the SFA to give Rangers a punishment that can stand up in court and leave it at that.

Then it is up to the SFA to find a middle ground that manages to piss everyone off for a while but which won't actually mean too much .... like exclusion from the Scottish cup for a year.

I think you're dreaming - SFA are hung on their own petart for previously stating that suspension/expulsion was too severe for the crime. As they've already applied the maximum fine, the only alternative seems exclusion from the Scottish Cup - big whoops that one

But CoS didn't say the punishment was too harsh, just that it wasn't available. They obviously thought being kicked out of the cup wasn't harsh enough or they would have done it first time round. So you can equally say they can't choose that as they previously deemed it too lenient.

Why don't the SFA say 'fair do's', have your fine and thats it on that charge.

But.............................since then you have bbrought the game into far greater disrepute with EBT's and this nuclear thang ;), new charge, new meeting, new result, new within rules judgement, tattie :)

Useless fuckers would just try giving them a transfer ban again <_<

(I apologise if someone's said this already, but I've fallen 7 pages behind just by going to make & eat dinner.

Maybe not, but they threatened the Swiss FA who took appropriate action. I'd like that to happen here too.

Sion was punished by the Swiss FA for fielding ineligible players (not for going to the courts) and only after they had actually lost in court (Tribunal Cantonal de Valais) and lost at the CAS.

SFA will impose the only alternative sanction available (suspension/expulsion already having been ruled out as too severe in the written report) and slap on an exclusion from the Scottish Cup. EUFA will say it has been dealt with by the national association, FIFA will ask "where is Scotland?"

Done so as well:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Today, the Court of Session in Edinburgh ruled against the Scottish Football Association in the matter of their transfer embargo against Rangers FC, a case that by the SFA's own rules and by FIFA Statute Article 64 Rangers were prohibited from doing in the first place.

My concern is that all Scottish football may find itself punished by FIFA or UEFA because of one rotten apple that considers itself above the laws of the game as governed by FIFA and its approved regulatory bodies.

Rangers went through a civil court rather than the approved Court of Arbeitration for Sport (CAS) because they knew a non-Scottish court would never rule in their favour, whereas a Scottish court almost certainly would, due to the dubious links Rangers have within the corridors of power in Scotland and the United Kingdom: a major reason in them getting into such a financial predicament in the first place.

This of course is a textbook example why FIFA implemented Article 64 in the first place: not merely to ensure the continued sporting integrity of the game, but to ensure clubs did not become attractive as means for money laundering, etc. if they were able to easily overturn any disadvantageous sporting decision with financial reprecussions through civil courts in nations where corruption within the judiciary is problematic.

Neither the Scottish Football Association nor Scottish clubs should be punished for the actions of Rangers FC in bringing the entire game - not merely the Scottish - into disrepute. As such, I request that FIFA steps into this matter and bans Rangers Football Club from all domestic and international competitions forthwith.

Can but try to at least show the strength of feeling over here!

:)

PS. The rest of you get off your arses and start doing the same.

http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

Subject: Rangers takes Scottish Football Association to Civil Court

Done it, and can i just say. You made such a heartfelt plea there, that i did a cut & paste job

Nope ... no action from FIFA IMHO.

Partly because their remedy is the CAS and SFA rules do not allow for that.

But, mainly, because they don't want to tangle with EU laws. Every time they have tried that in the past they got screwed (e.g. Bosman). My guess is that they will tell the SFA to give Rangers a punishment that can stand up in court and leave it at that.

Then it is up to the SFA to find a middle ground that manages to piss everyone off for a while but which won't actually mean too much .... like exclusion from the Scottish cup for a year.

Too lenient there. For me, expulsion, then liquidation, then newco starting at the bottom of division three is more deserving after all the muck that's been thrown up. Revelation after revelation has put the game beyond disrepute. Sad and depressing really.

This day will go down in history as the day Scottish football died.

1. A ludicrous CVA which will be accepted by all, resulting in Rangers returning debt free in the new season

2. SFA being shown as incompetent, which will lead to the original 100K fine, which wont be paid, as they were in Administration when it was imposed.

3. SPL chairmen welcoming them back with open legs tomorrow.

I hate to agree with the other shower in Glasgows East End, but their paranoia and conspiracy theories now seem to be justified.

Just close the game down now.

Sad sad sad :death

^^^ hysterical over-reaction IMO

there's a way to go yet.