Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

My father and grandfather were massive Rangers fans, as was I until the age of 12. That was when i realised the support was nothing to do with football, and more to do with hatred of others because of the religion they were indoctrinated in to.

I understood this at 12, and anyone who doesnt get it now is just a sad bitter twisted individual IMO

FTOF

You're not understanding or acknowledging the distinction I'm making between supporting an Old Firm side, and supporting a non-old firm side. If Motherwell had gone out of business then yeah, we'd all have had to either find new clubs, or scale back our interest in following one properly. That would have been our only 2 choices, end of story. However the point i'm making (and one which you will vehemently disagree with) is that an ex-Motherwell fan wouldn't learn anything by following Kilmarnock, or St Mirren, or Morton, or East Fife or Falkirk, they didn't already know and experience, whereas really going for it full-on, an Old Firm fan would. Although they wouldn't realise it until they did because they aren't aware of anything lacking in terms of their experience in truly following a football club.

i started supporting Celtic in 1989/90..... throughout the nineties 4th and 5th was decent.

so i doubt i lack the experience of following a mid table team around the country.

I'm not acknowledging the difference because there isn't any. I don't support my club because they are 'Old Firm' and you don't support your club because they are 'Non Old-Firm'.

We each support our team and have our own reasons for doing so. Mine are just as valid as yours.

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

Edited by Al B

i started supporting Celtic in 1989/90..... throughout the nineties 4th and 5th was decent.

so i doubt i lack the experience of following a mid table team around the country.

There's a big difference between doing that, and doing it knowing it's never going to get any better.

If you're saying would have, and it would have made no difference to you if Celtic never won the league again, then fair play to you...but I guess we'll never really know for sure.

As amusing as this evening's interval in the celebrations have been, and however cathartic for either wing of the ugly sisters, I very much hope that we will be allowed to enjoy the build up to armageddon tomorrow without the dull deflections of blame and excuses and attempts to recreate the circular arguments of the OF forum. This has potential to be a special day, let us honour it. May the butter be hot, and the popcorn plentiful.hypocrite.gif

It's funny how every gloryhunter/bigot has some tearjerking sense of heritage from the place where the succesful team plays.

If in some alternative universe Airdrie was the home to a 50+ league titled club then you'd have scores of weegies telling you about how their grandpapa toiled down that tramline every fortnight to North Lanarkshire and it's in his blood or whatever. Gloryhunters can never accept the notion of choice when it comes to supporting a football club. Lucky that so many people are 'chosen' into supporting clubs that are succesful and easy to support.

A little hypocritical from me maybe, as I was never forced towards a club and was a gloryhunter as a child. It just amazes me that by the time I had pubes, I'd sussed the futile reflected glory and hateful nature of the OF yet you get whole generations of pondlife family who never reach that level of independant thought.

Maybe the breeding of complete idiots over many generations will lead to a sort of genetic erosion which kills the OF. Rangers fans appear to have done f**k all in this crisis except repeat PR department creations about 'not walking away', paint bed sheets and sing about killing Kafflicks. The gods of football clubs has clearly 'chosen' too many thick bigots to support one team, and now it can't support itself.

Guest Kincardine

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

Utter pish. Not only that but utter hypocritical pish.

I watched Motherwell beat Spurs in the Texaco Cup at Fir Park in 1970. Well fans chanted, "When The Well go up to lift The British Cup we'll be there"

Your support is as keen as ours to succeed. There is no difference. We all want a sniff of glory.

Utter pish. Not only that but utter hypocritical pish.

I watched Motherwell beat Spurs in the Texaco Cup at Fir Park in 1970. Well fans chanted, "When The Well go up to lift The British Cup we'll be there"

Your support is as keen as ours to succeed. There is no difference. We all want a sniff of glory.

Ambition and Hope Vs Expectance and Entitlement.

The more you try to claim there's no difference, the more you highlight the difference. Im away to sleep.

Edited by Al B

Adams claims take the potential financing doping back to mid 90's. Bigger time frame than we already have established.

Also potentially drops Campbell Ogilvy right in it.

This could be the story that puts rangers under and sticks a bomb under the SFA...

Hugh Adam admits rangers where doing EBTs since the mid 90s and they knew it was cheating and a tax dodge which was kept out of the players contracts not only that ,SFA head honcho Campbell Ogilve who was a rangers director at the time knew all about it,,,now he's investigating IF rangers used it?!! :lol::o

Who knows. How much tax rangers really owe all we know is that over the 20 years of the Murray years rangers won all their silverware with the benefit of well,over £50 million ploughed into the squad they they shouldn't have had,clearly cheats and all trophies should be wiped from the books ,also Ogilve needs to go , how can we listen to him ,,,while he was there and knew about it?!

Btw this was a story on RTC last April also suggest that Hearts are tax dodgers too..

http://rangerstaxcase.com/2011/04/14/campbell-ogilvie/

Edited by THE KING

Did Airdrie not have a local team in the 1910s or 20s or were they just not bigoted good enough for your ancestral line?

Hoi.

that no club could ever be more bigoted than Airdrie.

That's better.

My old Papa grew up in the early 20th century, the lazy old cunt never worked a day in his life. Hence he never had the bus fare. We've borne this cross ever since.

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

That's an excellent post. Duly green dotted.

[/quote

An excellent post AL B sums up everything that i feel about watching St.Mirren over the years, you are right the OF fans will never experience the feelings that smaller club fans do.

SSN- Apparently a deal may be done where there are NO redundancies at Ibrox? Interesting!!

I'd seen that in the papers but that's only if the players taker serious pay cuts, the figure I heard yesterday was 50 to 75%

Now, this may well be the case why it's taken until today to sort this whole redundancy issue out, taking time to think over a course of action as opposed to any stalling or what have you.

I'd seen that in the papers but that's only if the players taker serious pay cuts, the figure I heard yesterday was 50 to 75%

Now, this may well be the case why it's taken until today to sort this whole redundancy issue out, taking time to think over a course of action as opposed to any stalling or what have you.

Yeah! I had seen that and just dismissed the idea that they would take a 75% pay cut, but I suppose a job is a job, until something better comes along. Taking into account the levels of debt and probably more to come, I think long term the players will still lose out!!.

Just saw this in a Record link

World Book Day 2012 is an event taking part on Thursday, March 1 in more than 100 countries around the world – a chance for young and old alike to celebrate the joy of reading.

Think we succeeded in Scotland, at least :D

Edited by alimci

The figure that was mentioned was 75% pay cut = No redundacies but from what was said elsewhere the players rejected that.

They also talked about 50% pay cut = 8 redundacies instead of the proprosed 11 but i think that was also rejected

These cuts are in the playing staff and most will get new clubs...Ian Holloway is seemingly set to offer at least a couple contracts at Blackpool. Given Ferguson is his Captain i would think Lee McCulloch could be on his way to The Seasiders.

Long day ahead for supporters of Rangers

Following on from (forgive the pun) the last few pages of are rangers fans bigots or not, I remember being in Lourenzos in Dunfermline last year. May have been when Scotland played Brazil. My wife is Irish and more into rugby but came along for the craic and a drink. Imagine my horror when the `Cowdenbeath Loyal` flute band (or whatever they`re called), drums and all arrive en-masse for a function upstairs in the club area. To a man, and woman, wearing outfits with the usual loyalist iconography. Union flags, Ulster flags, King Billy, Rangers badges. My wife was at the bar for two Magners as two knuckledraggers pitch up beside her. Obviously heard her make her order in a thick Co. Kerry culchie accent. `Wouldnae catch me drinking that papish pish` says the first. `Aye......chapel must have run oot eh wine`. Joke? Nah. Just another example of sectarian everyday bollocks from `Supporters` of an `Institution` that trades on bile and hate as common currency. We left along with most of the other `Non loyal` patrons of the bar shortly after.