Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Being completely serious in amongst a lot of ribbing and slagging, should this go the full shabang and Rangers do fold completely I have a wee suggestion to put to you. You seem like a very decent sort and I genuinely think you'd get a lot out of it.

If Rangers as we know them are no more, then the club you have followed are gone, and you'll have two choices. The first would be to see what arises from the ashes, and rally behind them...hoping you get back to where you left off as quickly as possible. 5 years time, you'll probably find you're supporting one of the big two, and tossing league titles back and forth. The second? Well, that's a bit more interesting.

Why not pick another club, and give yourself 2 or 3 seasons of genuinely following them as closely as you do Rangers. For that period of time, ignore what's happening with Phoenix Rangers, don't even pay attention to what's happening in the East End. Just follow your new club for that period, get your season ticket, pick your stand and your seat. Travel to away games and just go where the ride takes you for that 2 or 3 years.

If, at the end of that time you haven't liked it, then by all means go back to following Phoenix Rangers. All that will have happened is you'll have missed out all the pissing about in the lower leagues, the ineligibility for Europe, and there won't have been any Old Firm games for you to miss. It will be like it hadn't happened. That's not what will happen though.

Whether you pick the relative locality of St Mirren, a little bit further to Rugby Park...travelling across the city to my own club Motherwell, or hell if you're attached to the size of a city club then go for Hearts or Hibs, I guarantee you will have the time of your life. You'll have a feeling of being part of something that has an intimacy to it beyond anything you thought possible. You'll experience emotions that you didn't even realise you had. You'll make friends that are closer than anyone you've met at Ibrox, purely because you are now going through the same things they are...as they are to you, and if you think you've experienced that already with Rangers then you're in for a bit of a surprise. Do it properly...give it your all and I guarantee you...guarantee....you'll never be back at Ibrox as a home supporter again. There's nothing, absolutely nothing...that can match the true emotion of following a smaller club. Old Firm fans think we're diddies because we follow clubs who can't win? You'll learn that the very reason your bond with your club is so much stronger than an Old Firm fan could ever experience is because you can't win. Take the pursuit of titles away, and all your left with is your bond to the club. It will blow your mind what that can feel like.

Seriously mate, consider giving it a try. If Rangers as we know it are gone anyway, then you've nothing to lose and everything to gain. You think you love football..you think you love your club? You might just find out what that really feels like.....

Or....

More than one club will rise from the ashes that was Rangers.

I dont think it's as easy as that. Dont get me wrong i know the point you are trying to make, but doesnt matter what team you support, i dont believe you could really put your heart into supporting another club.

Yes you can but it's a transitional change. I know, I did it!

Police and the council tried to tackle it, with the support of the club, but unsuccessfully. You have to remember that similar people appear on TV in party political broadcasts, even Question Time, etc.

Never mind the "what-about"-ery of where else they appear, this is with regard to your club being happy to let racist groups peddle their wares outside Ibrox, something other clubs in the country have faced and got rid of them no sweat, whether by fair means or foul.

They wouldn't regard Ibrox as a safe haven unless they knew they'd the tacit consent of those inside: which they always have whatever the public rhetoric, because such groups help reinforce to Rangers fans delusionment that to support them is somehow to be part of some pseudo-master race, which is good for business.

Yes you can but it's a transitional change. I know, I did it!

Maybe my opinion may change if i was even in that position, but as much as it annoys you lot, i expect Celtic to be around for a long long time ;)

Being completely serious in amongst a lot of ribbing and slagging, should this go the full shabang and Rangers do fold completely I have a wee suggestion to put to you. You seem like a very decent sort and I genuinely think you'd get a lot out of it.

If Rangers as we know them are no more, then the club you have followed are gone, and you'll have two choices. The first would be to see what arises from the ashes, and rally behind them...hoping you get back to where you left off as quickly as possible. 5 years time, you'll probably find you're supporting one of the big two, and tossing league titles back and forth. The second? Well, that's a bit more interesting.

Why not pick another club, and give yourself 2 or 3 seasons of genuinely following them as closely as you do Rangers. For that period of time, ignore what's happening with Phoenix Rangers, don't even pay attention to what's happening in the East End. Just follow your new club for that period, get your season ticket, pick your stand and your seat. Travel to away games and just go where the ride takes you for that 2 or 3 years.

If, at the end of that time you haven't liked it, then by all means go back to following Phoenix Rangers. All that will have happened is you'll have missed out all the pissing about in the lower leagues, the ineligibility for Europe, and there won't have been any Old Firm games for you to miss. It will be like it hadn't happened. That's not what will happen though.

Whether you pick the relative locality of St Mirren, a little bit further to Rugby Park...travelling across the city to my own club Motherwell, or hell if you're attached to the size of a city club then go for Hearts or Hibs, I guarantee you will have the time of your life. You'll have a feeling of being part of something that has an intimacy to it beyond anything you thought possible. You'll experience emotions that you didn't even realise you had. You'll make friends that are closer than anyone you've met at Ibrox, purely because you are now going through the same things they are...as they are to you, and if you think you've experienced that already with Rangers then you're in for a bit of a surprise. Do it properly...give it your all and I guarantee you...guarantee....you'll never be back at Ibrox as a home supporter again. There's nothing, absolutely nothing...that can match the true emotion of following a smaller club. Old Firm fans think we're diddies because we follow clubs who can't win? You'll learn that the very reason your bond with your club is so much stronger than an Old Firm fan could ever experience is because you can't win. Take the pursuit of titles away, and all your left with is your bond to the club. It will blow your mind what that can feel like.

Seriously mate, consider giving it a try. If Rangers as we know it are gone anyway, then you've nothing to lose and everything to gain. You think you love football..you think you love your club? You might just find out what that really feels like.....

I have a 2nd club...Just to make Placidcasuals day..It is Raith Rovers for family reasons and i have attended quite a few games through the years and took my son along when he was younger and Rangers were away from. I didn't want to expose him to our infamous away support at a young age.

He loved it and he still asks if we can go to more of their games...That wasn't part of the plan :unsure: ... I agree entirely with what you say..Their support do have a closer bond with the players and club. My fondest memeories of time with my Grandfather and Father were standing at Starks Park together watching players like Colin Harris and Murray McDermott in the 70s. I remember well the joy on their faces when McStay famously missed the penalty and maybe i wont ever feel that joy winning a domestic trophy but i am sorry i am a Rangers Supporter first and foremost and i just couldn't leave them.

If the worse is to happen i will follow Rangers wherever they end up no matter what level we are playing at and i am sure you would do the same. TBH i wouldn't class myself as any kind of supporter if i turned my back on the club in their darkest hour. No doubt many will and if it clears out the 20,000 odd glory hunters then some good will have come from it

If there was NO Rangers at all i would go to the games...I'd go to the odd game at NSMP..Starks Park and i have a wee soft spot for Queens Park after seeing a couple of cracking games there but i couldn't commit myself to throwing my support behind any one team. I doubt anybody who truly supports their club could.

Anyway i gave you a greenie as i understand your point totally but unfortunately it is just not for me

Guest Kincardine

There is one serious flaw here - that we make a rational decision to choose our club.

I went to Ibrox in the 1960s. My father started going to Ibrox after the 2nd war and was at the infamous Moscow Dynamo game in 1946. My grandfather regularly took trams from Airdrie to Ibrox in the 1910s and 1920s and, literally, laced Alan Morton's boots.

Who the f**k could I possibly support and why shouldn't it be Rangers?

Another musical interlude.

I remember Peel playing them quite a bit and they have some amount of titles that could have been written with this Rangers situation in mind.

"Knee Deep in Shit" seems apt but I quite like the more subtle "The Harder You Fall"

The legendary ENT. :D

You're right, a lot of their titles could have been written for this, "Conned Through Life"and "Bullshit Propaganda" were just made for their mob. But my favourite one would be "False Profit".

:lol:

There is one serious flaw here - that we make a rational decision to choose our club.

I went to Ibrox in the 1960s. My father started going to Ibrox after the 2nd war and was at the infamous Moscow Dynamo game in 1946. My grandfather regularly took trams from Airdrie to Ibrox in the 1910s and 1920s and, literally, laced Alan Morton's boots.

Who the f**k could I possibly support and why shouldn't it be Rangers?

There's a bigger flaw there, in that my post was based around a scenario where they don't exist anymore, and the very real possibility that the exact spot where your misty-eyed memories occured will soon be someone's kitchen, or spare bedroom. Or toilet.

You may soon have no choice but to make a rational decision to choose your club.

Edited by Al B

Guest Kincardine

There's a bigger flaw there, in that my post was based around a scenario where they don't exist anymore, and the very real possibility that the exact spot where your misty-eyed memories occured will soon be someone's kitchen, or spare bedroom. Or toilet.

There is nothing misty-eyed about my memory. It is based firmly on people supporting their club, in my family, for about 100 years.

Hopefully you'd respect this - your club had a horrible time in adminstration. What team did you suggest to fans that they followed after Motherwell's demise? Or is it only Rangers fans you want to give advice to?

My grandfather regularly took trams from Airdrie to Ibrox in the 1910s and 1920s and, literally, laced Alan Morton's boots.

Did Airdrie not have a local team in the 1910s or 20s or were they just not bigoted good enough for your ancestral line?

Daily mail article puts the sword to Rangers. Cheating?mmmm Who knew?

Adams claims take the potential financing doping back to mid 90's. Bigger time frame than we already have established.

Also potentially drops Campbell Ogilvy right in it.

Guest Kincardine

Did Airdrie not have a local team in the 1910s or 20s or were they just not bigoted good enough for your ancestral line?

He could afford the tram fair to support who the f**k he wanted.

Adams claims take the potential financing doping back to mid 90's. Bigger time frame than we already have established.

Also potentially drops Campbell Ogilvy right in it.

Campbell Ogilvie of the SFA?ohmy.gif Surely not!

Being aware of SFA rules being broken? You don't say?

This could be big!laugh.gif

wink.gif

IT'S a dressing room which has been steeped in success

But yesterday it was flooded with a torrent of tears.Rangers players both young and experienced stood together behind closed doors at Murray Park utterly shell-shocked and stunned.

Here they were within their own protected inner sanctum when it hit home NO ONE was safe.

They have been fearing the worst for weeks now.

The club's cash crisis is headline news all around the world with their futures in full public glare.

Hearing nothing has been ripping them apart, the 'no news is good news' theory blown out of the water by players becoming increasingly angry and frustrated by the hour.

But this was the day when the realisation really hit home that this was not going to end well.

Manager Ally McCoist's glass is always half-full and yet even he's been fearing the worst.

He held frank morning talks with administrator Paul Clark to get an understanding of how things stood.

Their discussions have been open and honest in the previous 16 days since the club plunged into the financial abyss.

The Ibrox boss has been fully aware of the situation he was set to be faced with.

But even McCoist looked stunned to the core as he crept into his first-team dressing room to pass on what he'd been told.

There were options. Different ways for the players to prevent a massive cull throughout the club.

But it meant savage cuts to all salaries with NOTHING guaranteed even if they agreed.

PFA Scotland chief Fraser Wishart was on hand with a legal adviser to offer advice.

But those hardened players were rendered helpless as emotion got the better of them and they cried.

They've lifted trophies together and dominated the Scottish game for three years now as SPL champions since 2009. But the thought they could be hours away from having their squad ripped apart was simply too much to bear.

One first-team player who did not want to be named, told SunSport: "Everyone was just devastated. It was a horrible day, the worst yet.

"No one could quite take in what was going on. Players were in tears.

"Everywhere you look boys were distraught, cuddling each other and trying to work out what to do.

"It was like someone had died. No one could take it in. When the boss came in you could see he was totally choked by the situation.

"Everyone just walked about in a daze trying to get their heads round it all. It was horrible. Boys were just in tears in the dressing room."

McCoist has led his squad from the front. He hoped his talks with bean counter Clark could help reach a satisfactory compromise. But it's gone way beyond that now.

With owner Craig Whyte nowhere to be seen there's real anger within the first-team squad he's abandoned.

The latest ultimatum has only fuelled the fire burning deep amongst the closeknit bunch of players and their representatives.

They've virtually been asked to do the administrators' dirty work by deciding between themselves how heavy the axe should fall.

Another source close to the situation told SunSport: "This is a disgraceful stunt by the administrators.

"They are trying to put a gun to the heads of the players. It's totally unacceptable. Players cannot possibly vote on the kind of offers that have been put to them. How can they be expected to consider deals that offer no security for their futures?

"The administrators are not in a position to offer any guarantees or promises so the goalposts could be moved again next week.

"The players can't be expected to agree to huge cuts knowing that there could be further job losses or even more pay cuts further down the line. It is simply a stunt.

"They tried to get the players to make a decision in the space of a couple of hours but there was no way that was going to happen.

"Why should the players be the ones to step up to the plate with no guarantees for the future?"

Whyte didn't help the situation when he spoke in front of the TV cameras on his way to a London meeting with Duff and Phelps.

His 'I've done nothing wrong' stance has long since worn thin among the playing squad.

Our source added: "Maybe there should be a counter proposal whereby Whyte and David Murray step in and underwrite the players' wages until the end of the season.

"They are both wealthy men and keep saying they have the interests of the club at heart.

"And, after all, they're the ones who are responsible."

And yet it seems like it's the players who are being asked to sort it.

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1nv18KrSC