Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Following on from (forgive the pun) the last few pages of are rangers fans bigots or not, I remember being in Lourenzos in Dunfermline last year. May have been when Scotland played Brazil. My wife is Irish and more into rugby but came along for the craic and a drink. Imagine my horror when the `Cowdenbeath Loyal` flute band (or whatever they`re called), drums and all arrive en-masse for a function upstairs in the club area. To a man, and woman, wearing outfits with the usual loyalist iconography. Union flags, Ulster flags, King Billy, Rangers badges. My wife was at the bar for two Magners as two knuckledraggers pitch up beside her. Obviously heard her make her order in a thick Co. Kerry culchie accent. `Wouldnae catch me drinking that papish pish` says the first. `Aye......chapel must have run oot eh wine`. Joke? Nah. Just another example of sectarian everyday bollocks from `Supporters` of an `Institution` that trades on bile and hate as common currency. We left along with most of the other `Non loyal` patrons of the bar shortly after.

Such a proud Scottish trait!! Cretins!!

So basically Rangers need to shed 75% of wages ?

Thats a pretty big hit.

That is on the playing side...TBH they are the people i cheer on every week but they will go on to have successful and profitable careers or already have. The people i have most sympathy for are the backroom staff who we never see...These are the people who will suffer in all this.

Following on from (forgive the pun) the last few pages of are rangers fans bigots or not, I remember being in Lourenzos in Dunfermline last year. May have been when Scotland played Brazil. My wife is Irish and more into rugby but came along for the craic and a drink. Imagine my horror when the `Cowdenbeath Loyal` flute band (or whatever they`re called), drums and all arrive en-masse for a function upstairs in the club area. To a man, and woman, wearing outfits with the usual loyalist iconography. Union flags, Ulster flags, King Billy, Rangers badges. My wife was at the bar for two Magners as two knuckledraggers pitch up beside her. Obviously heard her make her order in a thick Co. Kerry culchie accent. `Wouldnae catch me drinking that papish pish` says the first. `Aye......chapel must have run oot eh wine`. Joke? Nah. Just another example of sectarian everyday bollocks from `Supporters` of an `Institution` that trades on bile and hate as common currency. We left along with most of the other `Non loyal` patrons of the bar shortly after.

Rangers badges on a band uniform?..Nah sorry that is not true.

'Cowdenbeath Flute Band'...How many were Rangers supporters?

My wife is from Andytown and she was in Manchester with the Rangers support and had no trouble. She has drank on the PRW many many times and never once experienced any trouble whatsoever

Just saw this in a Record link

World Book Day 2012 is an event taking part on Thursday, March 1 in more than 100 countries around the world – a chance for young and old alike to celebrate the joy of reading.

Think we succeeded in Scotland, at least :D

Anyone checked whether Darren Mackie has been reading this thread, or is he waiting for the film to come out?

Well No. 8- blue polo tops, RFC on the breast flanked by a union and ulster flag on each side and the band name underneath. Guess i must have imagined the drums and my wife have misheard the abusive comments. Of course, they may have been bog standard bigots out for a sunday drink.

In the Daily Mail article Hugh Adams says "All the directors heard about them but didn't take them seriously because they didn't appear in the books. People didn't want to know about them. "

Did not appear in the books? Does that mean this information was not supplied at board meetings, and if not 'in the books' not included in the annual audit? How did they hide these significant outgoings?

WoW!!! Bad enough for a corner shop to have 2 sets of books, one for the taxman and one for themselves, but for a company of Rangers size and stature! Unbelievable. Any support or sympathy they could have received from the Government or any other public body has just been washed down the Clyde. Key SFA staff are inflating their dingy ready for the escape.

Edited by thelegendthatis

If Hugh Adams is right in what he says

Campbell Ogilvie must surely resign as SFA president. He knew that Rangers were breaking the registration rules for years. Rangers are rotten to the core every day another damning revelation comes out. They should be put to sleep it is the kindest thing to do for the sake of Scottish football.

Well No. 8- blue polo tops, RFC on the breast flanked by a union and ulster flag on each side and the band name underneath. Guess i must have imagined the drums and my wife have misheard the abusive comments. Of course, they may have been bog standard bigots out for a sunday drink.

Sounds like Bog standard bigots to me..I am not denying we have many of them in our support and i met some on Saturday night. You mentioned a flute band and assumed they are ALL Rangers supporters and you just couldn't possibly know that.

If i was asked to take a 75% pay cut and continue working i couldnt afford to do it, i'd need to try and find something else. Unless the players were on top money then id imagine they'd be the same...they'll have bills to pay and like many players will not have access to any savings for a few years as they may in fixed term return accounts. I'm also not surprised if the players have rejected an 'offer' to let them play for nothing till the end of the season.

I cant see anything other than redundancies today and if what i heard on 5 live this morning is true then if the players cant agree on what ro do and McCoist wont advise the admin me then the axe will be swung pretty deep...

Campbell Ogilvie must surely resign as SFA president. He knew that Rangers were breaking the registration rules for years. Rangers are rotten to the core every day another damning revelation comes out. They should be put to sleep it is the kindest thing to do for the sake of Scottish football.

Hmmm i am sure our Vice Chairman and raging Chief Bigot around this time was Donald Findlay QC....Wonder what he's up to these days? :P

Is this the most inane comment ever? Countless? Really? He took trams from Airdrie to Govan. To suggest he passed countless clubs makes you an idiot.

Or suggests that your grandfather's numeracy was sufficiently limited to prevent him from being able to count that high.

Hugh Adams so this comming ten years ago ...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/adam_shakes_ibrox_pillars_with_warning_of_bankruptcy_1_595808

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

Spot on. A couple of years back my brother in law a Celtic season ticket holder for 3 years told me he had never seen Celtic lose, he only went to home games, no european games and the Rangers game was not on his season ticket. 3 years and NEVER see your team get beaten, that canny be good for you.

Although at least he is a Glaswegian, unlike the glory hunting scumbags that abandon their local teams and make scottish football a perpetual boring two horse race, soon to be one.

Entertaining as it is I'm not going to get into the later post on bigots etc, suffice is to say we've all experienced them. The post on the highs and lows of supporting a "small" team was spot on though. As an Airdrie supporter the joy of watching them play in two Scottish Cup finals, and the experience of the journey the team took getting there can never be understood by an Old Firm fan. We lost both finals but fantastic days out both of them, followed by large crowds welcoming the team back to the town.

Anyway, on to more pressing matters. It must be getting bad when the Telegraph starts taking more than a passing interest (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9116938/No-relief-in-sight-for-Rangers.html).

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

Have a green dot sir. Quality post.