Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

most likely because at the time of passing the punishment, the panel claimed that the crime rangers were found guilty of didnt warrant a punishment as harsh as expulsion

So if the appeal panel then hand out a suspension/expulsion they are effectively handing out a punishment that they themselves have stated is too harsh for the crime committed

The fact that Green looks to be shitting himself says otherwise.

What was the panel's actual statement?

The judge's ruling was that the SFA must stick to their own rules. So the only options left within their rulebook is to expel them.

Seems straight forward to me.

Bu, bye.

7 - Green pulls off his mask and reveals himself as........Mr.Jim Watson of Hamilton!

Indeed. I'm sure some fellow Accies fans will have recognised my borrowed idea of creating a "Stadium Company". As well as my bit about retaining the earnings from the match day hospitality...

That's the first I've heard of that. If HMRC did request a years tax to be paid up front then Green would have to substantially increase the amount of his investment. If he somehow got a CVA then he'd have to top up his £8.5million loan with enough extra to cover this future tax bill. In the event of the newco in addition to paying the creditors £5.5million for the assets he'd have to loan the club the amount of this future tax bill then get the club to repay him over his first year in charge.

Either way I wouldn't be confident that the Green Brigade could find the extra capital required (nobody seems to know how much funds they have available, all we do know is that they've paid £200k so far to H&D).

Also, don't forget Charles Green is due to "take the helm" at the Rangers this Wednesday. (link: http://www.guardian....ransfer-embargo). Odds on another delay from H&D on that one?

They cant do it for PAYE but they can do it for VAT and Corporation Tax. Its a way to prevent them getting done over and over again. Fairly sensible as if they couldnt do it dodgy companies would just liquidate over and over again. All they need to prove is the new company is carrying on the same business and is effectively the same. i dont think this will be to difficult in rangers case.

Green definitely is a Rangers man - insisting that the SFA doesn't punish Rangers in anyway as kicking thme ou of the SFA will lead him to run away and leaving them out of the Scottish Cup will also cripple Scottish Football.

Double whamy would be Rangers expelled from SFA and Green walks away - then comes the liquidation

We are but a mirror of the SFA / SPL. :rolleyes:

Oh there's no question of that - the SPL/SFA whoever the hell is in charge clearly has no idea what to do. But I'm increasingly of the mind that Rangers going to the CoS was the worst thing they could have possibly done under the circumstances.

That's the first I've heard of that. If HMRC did request a years tax to be paid up front then Green would have to substantially increase the amount of his investment. If he somehow got a CVA then he'd have to top up his £8.5million loan with enough extra to cover this future tax bill. In the event of the newco in addition to paying the creditors £5.5million for the assets he'd have to loan the club the amount of this future tax bill then get the club to repay him over his first year in charge.

Either way I wouldn't be confident that the Green Brigade could find the extra capital required (nobody seems to know how much funds they have available, all we do know is that they've paid £200k so far to H&D).

Also, don't forget Charles Green is due to "take the helm" at the Rangers this Wednesday. (link: http://www.guardian....ransfer-embargo ). Odds on another delay from H&D on that one?

The article is a bit of nonsense driven by Green's PR. Lazy journalism similar to what you would normally expect in the Record or the Sun.

Anyway the article is 6 days old now. And as they say 'a week is a long time at Ibrox'.

You really feel that Duff & Duffer have realised they have screwed the whole administration totally, trying to put their spin on things by having 'seen documents' and other such vague positives.

But on this holiday Monday with time on my hands, my mind does wander somewhat. Funny ideas go through my little brain. :huh:

For example say there had been a lunch at Langans brasserie a year before Whyte became known to us? Whyte there, probably Ellis, Green, Ticketus, David Greir, Gary Withey, Whitehouse with his MCR hat on.

I don't believe for a minute such a meeting took place. That would just the area for conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:

Costs not cut when Duff & Duffer had the chance. Green of course was in the frame with the administrators from the start in February only going public when his consortium was in place. What appeared to be more likely suitors were bumped by the administrators.

But I do wonder if such a meeting had taken place, how different would things have panned out compared with what has happened? :)

I was looking for a wee bit entertainment from Ranger Media, but can't access. Has the site been forced to close due to some breach of internet rules, has it gone into administration os is it just fu**ed?

im on it the now

The article is a bit of nonsense driven by Green's PR. Lazy journalism similar to what you would normally expect in the Record or the Sun.

Anyway the article is 6 days old now. And as they say 'a week is a long time at Ibrox'.

You really feel that Duff & Duffer have realised they have screwed the whole administration totally, trying to put their spin on things by having 'seen documents' and other such vague positives.

But on this holiday Monday with time on my hands, my mind does wander somewhat. Funny ideas go through my little brain. :huh:

For example say there had been a lunch at Langans brasserie a year before Whyte became known to us? Whyte there, probably Ellis, Green, Ticketus, David Greir, Gary Withey, Whitehouse with his MCR hat on.

I don't believe for a minute such a meeting took place. That would just the area for conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:

Costs not cut when Duff & Duffer had the chance. Green of course was in the frame with the administrators from the start in February only going public when his consortium was in place. What appeared to be more likely suitors were bumped by the administrators.

But I do wonder if such a meeting had taken place, how different would things have panned out compared with what has happened? :)

Ah, intriguing... sounds very much like the Blair/Brown pact. If we follow that analogy through, does it mean Duff and Phelps will be running Ibrox for eight years?

1. SFA suspends Rangers for a year.

2. Green uses this as an excuse to walk away, either writing off the 200k he's put in or getting the Blue Knights to refund him as a fee for taking over his opportunity to buy the Newco Assets.

3. The Blue Knights start the Newco with an immediate share issue to recoup some of their £5.7m and sell season tickets for 2013-14 from £100-£250. If average price is £175 and they sell 20,000, that's £3.5m in working capital.

4. The players are released, all but a skeleton staff are made redundant with as much as possible being mothballed for a year.

5. Dundee get promoted to the SPL and everyone else is dunted up one.

6. Steven Thompson turns Tannadice into a roller disco in celebration of the return of the derby. Everyone else can tell their bank manager is wasn't them who booted Rangers out and if they can just be reasonable they'll figure out a plan.

6. The SFL have an election for the open space. Rangers apply and volunteer to recompense the other nine in the Third Division by £20k a club for the home fixtures they won't play in 2012-13. Between this and the SFL being moist at the thought of a Rangers based television deal from 2013, they get in even though they can't play immediately.

7. Rangers earn promotion in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and return to the SPL for 2016-17.

Viable?

most likely because at the time of passing the punishment, the panel claimed that the crime rangers were found guilty of didnt warrant a punishment as harsh as expulsion

So if the appeal panel then hand out a suspension/expulsion they are effectively handing out a punishment that they themselves have stated is too harsh for the crime committed

But, as the SFA QC said, that statement was made in the context of an alternate, non-specified, punishment being available. With that option now not available, theres nothing to stop the panel picking a harsher punishment. Lord Glennie has acknowledge this. He also said “in the present case the Tribunal thought that the conduct merited the maximum sanction and that is not challenged in this court.” In other words, Rangers did not challenge the fact that their crimes could carry the maximum available punishment.

2. Green uses this as an excuse to walk away, either writing off the 200k he's put in or getting the Blue Knights to refund him as a fee for taking over his opportunity to buy the Newco Assets.

3. The Blue Knights start the Newco with an immediate share issue to recoup some of their £5.7m and sell season tickets for 2013-14 from £100-£250. If average price is £175 and they sell 20,000, that's £3.5m in working capital.

4. The players are released, all but a skeleton staff are made redundant with as much as possible being mothballed for a year.

6. Steven Thompson turns Tannadice into a roller disco in celebration of the return of the derby. Everyone else can tell their bank manager is wasn't them who booted Rangers out and if they can just be reasonable they'll figure out a plan.

6. The SFL have an election for the open space. Rangers apply and volunteer to recompense the other nine in the Third Division by £20k a club for the home fixtures they won't play in 2012-13. Between this and the SFL being moist at the thought of a Rangers based television deal from 2013, they get in even though they can't play immediately.

7. Rangers earn promotion in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and return to the SPL for 2016-17.

Viable?

Kind of! But if the newco was going to have to apply for a place in the 3rd division, they may as well start as a new club ie dont transfer the SFA membership. That way they could play in the 3rd next season.

Viable?

Definitely viable (with the possible exception of the start of 6a) but a doomsday scenario for the finances of the SPL and SFA. If FIFA were not involved there would be zero chance of this happening for that reason, but if Blatter and co take an active interest the court case could turn into a spectacular own goal on the part of the administrators.

HAWD OAN HERE

i thought the rangers were boycotting the scottish cup anyways so that punishment isnt fit for purposewink.gif

Haud oan indeed!

If they are bearcotting then it's an unfit punishment.

<Bruce Forsyth Voice> What's higher than a cup ban? </Bruce Forsyth Voice>

Not possible - their own Twitter feed even says:

"We're having problems again. As ever, will let you know when we're back up and running"

Did that lassie finally get her kit off?

this is the kinda forward thinking guy the rangers need more of

loyalfollower

Lord Glennie in the Court of Session disagrees with you. He stated that we were entitled to go to court. (He would have thrown out our case otherwise.)

Aye he does. But fifa doesnt. Wether they are bunch of corrupt big wigs or not they will have the last say. Unless ofcourse this is the beginning of the end of fifa?? Alot of clubs could follow on? Get thrown out make a new organisation thats fair? So many opinions/questions at the moment

http://forum.rangers...st&p=1060095239

cant wait to see all the teams around the world resigning from their leagues cuz rangers arent in the SPLlaugh.gif

Edited by itzdrk

That sounds almost exactly like what Brian Kennedy did to Stockport County, only he inserted his egg chasers as the main tenants.

Its still a risk taking on that kind of asset and then letting your only tenants run themselves. If he could find someone stupid enough to agree to take on the cost of maintenance and hand over hospitality revenue, then chances are they're not going to be capable of running a profitable football club.

Personally I think Ibrox would generate more cash if it was turned in a cemetry/crematorium and general shrine to all things Rangers.

The pitch would become the burial plots. Not cheap, but what would a loyal bear pay to lie where Nacho Nova scored a 5 yard bullet against Hamilton. Ok not much, but what about where Gazza played the flute?

Seats and the stands would becomes mausoleums. Ashes spread round the track. White smoke from Ibrox will mean another one gone. :rolleyes:

And of course funerals could have the full works of a pipe (or flute) band, Orange parade and a few good loyalists songs belted out. No football authorities to worry about.

Keep the trophy room for paid for tours, even if they had to hand most of them back. Replicas are available (cash up front though).

This is potentially a better business opportunity for Mr Green, especially compared with trying to run a football club which is so totally reviled, and whose name represents all of the corrupt excesses in professional football.

After all Mr Green is in it only for the money. :(

Edited by thelegendthatis