Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Been watching Quantum of Solace about a villain called Green who is swooping in to take control of assets. During a balcony scene his ex turns up to confront him and a conversation ensues about unscrupulous practices and how a price cannot be put on integrity as all of his investors are about to pull out......

Can anyone confirm I have not transferred to an alternate universe please.

luv it

Could there be some sort of bond involved in all of this ?

Is Her Majesty's government involved in any way ?

Maybe some double-dealing or double agents involved?

Any contracts ? ...just two !? :huh:

Knowing our luck we will get relegated and miss them when they run away with the third division! Cause that is what will happen of course, according to all the Rangers fans! Even the U 12s or whatever age group they are allowed to play will sweep aside all the diddy teams in the lower leagues!

Ahh, the 80s! Scottish Cup semi against Rangers, seconds away from beating Dundee United in the middle of their double wins over Barcelona! And did you know white rose, we we just one win away from promotion to the premier league in about 86! You finished just above us on goal difference on last day of season.

Oh yes I remember that, specifically for the local papers....

Tuesday's A*rshire Post - "We know Somerset isn't up to snuff, so we'll just groundshare with Killie for a bit"

Wednesday's Kilmarnock Standard - "No you fucking won't"

ETA: one of the funniest days of my life.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I've seen some, in support of the present format of the spl, argue that the crowds have never been higher than they are at this time. I've spent a wee bit time tonight looking into this, and they were much higher in the late nineties and early part of the 2000's.

The general trend is downwards, which is what I've always thought, but was swayed by the simple statements made by 'experts'.

I can't remember anyone saying that - I can remember saying they were among the highest in history. Which they are. They've dipped in recent years, but that's no surprise economically.

Either that or you're advocating a return to a 10-team, 36-game SPL...

Attendances throughout Europe are on the decline, I believe, due to the simple fact that there are more options for the disposable income of the fans.

And the worst recession in decades.

T_S_A_R has been trying to take your place as the resident naysayer and all round party pooper but he's not in your class. We've missed your pessimism and the sale of Prosac has sunk to an all time low.

But now your back I'm sure things will return to normal. :(

Tbf I'd rather class myself as a realist and a dealer in facts as opposed to a naysayer and party pooper ;).

I can't remember anyone saying that - I can remember saying they were among the highest in history. Which they are. They've dipped in recent years, but that's no surprise economically.

Either that or you're advocating a return to a 10-team, 36-game SPL...

And the worst recession in decades.

Tbf I'd rather class myself as a realist and a dealer in facts as opposed to a naysayer and party pooper ;).

Good to see you back, HJ - obviously I'll give you the recession, but in a competitive leisure market, teams like Killie and Motherwell grabbing so much of the available is impressive. Scotland as a whole shows up well in an attendance/population graph, which is surprising given the fact that most of us have no hope of our team winning anything. Imagine what the figures would be if trophies were a realistic ambition, rather than "if they get drawn against each other, then some bugger gets the winner on a bad day, we might have a chance".

1. It is "Why did" not "How did".

2. It is called irony, some folk get it; you are obviously not one of them.

3. See 1 and 2 above.

Thank you for playing. :)

slightly touchy to resort to grammar on a football forum and as for irony stopping biting on my hook your not the o_n_e are you

:rolleyes:

The biggest problem with the current form of the SPL is that is being treated as a training organisation to keep OF players fit for their annual assault on Europe.

I thought about this ? well it can't be much of an assault because they keep running in face first into the proverbial fist only to get knocked out at the first hurdle recently.Celtic only got back in after their opponent knocked themselves out by a flying cheeky upper cut into their own face.

You are right about attendances over Europe declining as more and more flipping games keep get shown on TV at stupid o'clock on any day just to show a flipping football match.I know a few couch potatoes that watch football matches just for the sake of watching a game.They should bring back Saturday 3pm kick offs again instead of pandering to more TV money for more live games.I remember the 70's where you would not be told if a European game was being shown and BINGO the magic words "We have a change to our TV schedule this evening and will be broadcasting a live football broadcast from ?".

TV isn't helping clubs really because in the end it will ruin the fanbase to armchair supporters "ach it's oan TV so I'll crack open a few beers and get pished".Meaning eventually less money into the club and being dependent on TV income.IMO.

Been thinking ...

:o

... some posts on this thread have shown that relegation from the SPL will not mean THE END for most clubs. Even my county rivals might survive such a painful experience (possibly, although they might've ripped the arse out of it too far). I won't deny that such a relegation occasion would be celebrated massively in my household, but I feel a wee bit more piece of mind that it possibly wouldn't mean the said END for them.

Many original SPL clubs sold their souls at the time but recent posts got me thinking that many fans would love to return to days of shifting between leagues with regular promotion/relegationj battles. It creates brilliant days out as my own club have experienced in recent years. Do SPL fans feel reassured that relegation could in fact be enjoyable rather than THE END ... Hibs in the late 90s spring to mind as a model of survival.

F*ck SKY, who fancies a Forfar bridie ...

Good to see you back, HJ - obviously I'll give you the recession, but in a competitive leisure market, teams like Killie and Motherwell grabbing so much of the available is impressive. Scotland as a whole shows up well in an attendance/population graph, which is surprising given the fact that most of us have no hope of our team winning anything. Imagine what the figures would be if trophies were a realistic ambition, rather than "if they get drawn against each other, then some bugger gets the winner on a bad day, we might have a chance".

It's not getting any easier, I'd fully agree with that, but the decent dip across most of Europe is due to the recession - almost everyone's down.

You are right that our crowds are impressive: 3rd highest in Europe per capita.

Also I'd note 2 things...

... [1] performance in cups generally has a limited impact on league averages - they mainly rise/fall based on league performance

... [2] numerous clubs competing for leagues would be unusual; others replacing OF mightn't boost overall figures

Been thinking ...

:o

... some posts on this thread have shown that relegation from the SPL will not mean THE END for most clubs. Even my county rivals might survive such a painful experience (possibly, although they might've ripped the arse out of it too far). I won't deny that such a relegation occasion would be celebrated massively in my household, but I feel a wee bit more piece of mind that it possibly wouldn't mean the said END for them.

Many original SPL clubs sold their souls at the time but recent posts got me thinking that many fans would love to return to days of shifting between leagues with regular promotion/relegationj battles. It creates brilliant days out as my own club have experienced in recent years. Do SPL fans feel reassured that relegation could in fact be enjoyable rather than THE END ... Hibs in the late 90s spring to mind as a model of survival.

F*ck SKY, who fancies a Forfar bridie ...

Flemings of Arbroath steak & gravy pies! Excellent! smile.gif

I thought about this ? well it can't be much of an assault because they keep running in face first into the proverbial fist only to get knocked out at the first hurdle recently.Celtic only got back in after their opponent knocked themselves out by a flying cheeky upper cut into their own face.

You are right about attendances over Europe declining as more and more flipping games keep get shown on TV at stupid o'clock on any day just to show a flipping football match.I know a few couch potatoes that watch football matches just for the sake of watching a game.They should bring back Saturday 3pm kick offs again instead of pandering to more TV money for more live games.I remember the 70's where you would not be told if a European game was being shown and BINGO the magic words "We have a change to our TV schedule this evening and will be broadcasting a live football broadcast from ?".

TV isn't helping clubs really because in the end it will ruin the fanbase to armchair supporters "ach it's oan TV so I'll crack open a few beers and get pished".Meaning eventually less money into the club and being dependent on TV income.IMO.

Many countries show every (or almost every) game of the season live, and in several cases have done so for sometime. Also, idealised and nostalgic as it may be, the future isn't and won't be "no TV".

Not only 10,000 - 12,000 but.........

Rangers v Partick Thistle 4000

Rangers v Morton 5000

Rangers v Stenhousemuir 2500

ALL AT IBROX......and quite a few more of similar like attendances.

And for any **** out there who disagree with theses figures, check your official Rangers handbooks.

ps I think the Stenny game was a 4-1 humping...yee-ha.

Stenny did beat the Blue Vermin at Shitbrox, in a League Cup tie, i think it was 2-1.

In another League Cup tie at Shitbrox in 1972, the final score was.........

BLUE VERMIN CNUTS 1 ST MIRREN 4

Super Ally scoring all 4 Saints goals. :D:lol: :lol: :D

I'm going with the optimistic view that this mess will be sorted before that.

I'll still harbour the thought that it's already been done and they are trying to find a "good way" to tell us.

In the meantime I'll stick to contemplating whether I'm an optimistic pessemist or pessimistic optimist.