Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

John Hartson in the Sun has his say on player pay cuts at Rangers - My link

Here's my say: anyone pleading poverty on half a million a year because of mortgages, bills and pension schemes can shove their own 'member' up their own behind.

Edited by cmontheloknow

The fat odious preek that is Mark Dingwall from the Rangers supporters trust says the players should follow sausage supper ally an play on without wages till the end of the season.

:rolleyes:

Could he look any more like a Rangers fan if he tried?

The fat odious preek that is Mark Dingwall from the Rangers supporters trust says the players should follow sausage supper ally an play on without wages till the end of the season.

:rolleyes:

I think that's what the admins will be telling them, either go or play for substantially less. Deferral doesn't really help it just accumulates as debt.

Intresting news at Fratton park, if liquidated Portsmouth have 21 days to apply to league for phoenix club to prove business plan in order to keep their history.

Thoughts ?

Same manner in which Middlesbrough/Leeds continued, presumably, albeit accelerated by pressing circumstances.

Question is, will it be allowed.

Same manner in which Middlesbrough/Leeds continued, presumably, albeit accelerated by pressing circumstances.

Question is, will it be allowed.

depends if there are rules regulating it in Scotland like there seems to be in England. (like the football debt rule that exists in england but not Scotland)

depends if there are rules regulating it in Scotland like there seems to be in England. (like the football debt rule that exists in england but not Scotland)

I was meaning if Portsmouth's attempt would be allowed... they're far less vital to the financial health of their fellow 71 FL clubs, than Rangers are to their fellow 11 SPL clubs. And yes, any club here is able to apply to make a transfer-of-share/membership, although obviously it requires approval from the relevant governing bodies. Very few clubs are constituted and possessed today as at formation.

Edited by HibeeJibee

... they're far less vital to the financial health of their fellow 71 FL clubs, than Rangers are to their fellow 11 SPL clubs.

You're the man to answer this HJ. Tried in another thread but no luck.

How much does the SPL actually get from SkyESPN and what does each SPL club get out from it? I know it's dependent upon league position and I'm interested to see exactly how much we diddies are left with after the bigot brothers have creamed off the lions share, normally.

It won't happen of course but if these b*****ds were ever allowed to die, I don't think we'd need as much from any tv deal without the OF than is being made out.

The money to Hearts is not due until July.

What is the situation regarding money due later like this? If Rangers propose a CVA before July does this debt get included or does debt which is due after a potential CVA arrangement get carried over and then has to be paid in full because it didn't fall due in the admin period?

Purely hypothetical of course given that with any luck they will be long dead by July.

Intresting news at Fratton park, if liquidated Portsmouth have 21 days to apply to league for phoenix club to prove business plan in order to keep their history.

Thoughts ?

What's your source for this? I can't find anything. Regarding Leeds Utd and Middlesbrough, it is not the same thing. Leeds were never in liquidation: they were very quickly put in and out of administration, with a new company purchasing all the assets and debts of the existing one. A CVA got them out of 80% of their debts. The Middlesbrough situation was more similar, apart from one major factor. Their debts were under £2 million rather than the tens of millions that R*ngers owe. R*ngers have no chance of repaying their creditors (who are every one of us, via the tax they have fiddled).

Personally, I think *brox is an excellent site for Tesco Govan. Close to two motorways, the Clyde Tunnel and the city centre, it's a convenient location with plenty of space around it for car parking.

If a phoenix club does arise from R*ngers, it has to be seen as a completely new club. No history, never won anything. This is the only chance Scottish football and Scotland as a whole will ever have to smash sectarianism. It has to happen. R*ngers must die.

You're the man to answer this HJ. Tried in another thread but no luck.

How much does the SPL actually get from SkyESPN and what does each SPL club get out from it? I know it's dependent upon league position and I'm interested to see exactly how much we diddies are left with after the bigot brothers have creamed off the lions share, normally.

It won't happen of course but if these b*****ds were ever allowed to die, I don't think we'd need as much from any tv deal without the OF than is being made out.

Domestic TV deal is worth £13M this season... and coupled with overseas TV, highlights and radio deals, naming rights (£2M per season), ball rights, etc. etc. the entire SPL prizefund was "over £17M" in 2010-11 says Doncaster. After the overall total was reduced by the £1.8M annual settlement to SFL, £250k + £125k parachute payments, operating costs, etc.

Using exactly £17.5M as the prizemoney figure, payments would have been:

Winner = £2.9M

Runner-up = £2.6M

Third = £1.6M

Fourth = £1.4M

then basically down in increments of £100k.

Top 2 take 32%, middle 4 take 33.5%, last 6 take 34.5%.

Press says 2nd v 3rd is worth "over £900k".

EDIT: Basically, for no club to lose out*, a Rangers-less prizemoney pot would need to be 89% of the current prizemoney pot.

Since SFL payment, parachutes and operating costs are fairly fixed, that means that the SPL's Rangers-less income would need to be perhaps 92% of current income, if SPL's operating costs are ~£1M.

Would sponsors/TV/etc. pay 9/10ths of what they currently do, basically.

*i.e. bump everyone 3rd-12th up 1 place keeping current %s and give new 12th another 0.5% increment less.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Quite.

It's exactly why i have zero sympathy with the "tea ladies and groundstaff" that are going to be out of work. They should be utterly ashamed of themselves that they worked for Rangers in the first place.

Ahhhhhh f**k i have deleted about a dozen replies to this...You so very nearly had a huge bite but nope i'll rise above it

Right, I'm guessing nothing has changed in the last couple of days. I can't see anything on the BBC site and only conjecture in the online versions of the papers. You'll forgive me for not trawling through 10 pages of this thread since I last posted.

Right, I'm guessing nothing has changed in the last couple of days. I can't see anything on the BBC site and only conjecture in the online versions of the papers. You'll forgive me for not trawling through 10 pages of this thread since I last posted.

You don't know what you're missing - it's great entertainment.