Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Having too much time on my hands today i came up with this little song.It goes to the tune of the Kinks-come dancing song.

They put up a Tesco on a piece of land

Where The Rangers Ibrox used to stand

Before that they put up a bowling alley

On Murray park Where the team trained under Ally

That's where the big teams used to come and play

The fans went there on a Saturday

Chorus

"Come grave dancing

All wee diddie teams

United one and all

Lets go grave dancing

It's only natural"

Yet another deadline they miss another date

We all sit ready but the SFA just make us wait

Now over in Govan they're in exasperation

The bears can't believe that it has come to liquidation

Murray ended up paying all the wages by EBT

To cheat for trophies,and to try win the Champions League

Chorus

"Come grave dancing

They've always cheated

But who were they trying to kid

So now we can all go grave dancing

and watch Hector Taxman close their lid"

Edited by Forever Diamond

This reconstruction push won't happen in time for the new season.

It's a lifeline for rangers if it does but it won't.

But the fact the sfa have scrambled to give rangers a top flight lifeline worries me, it also worries me that so many folk are happy to bring rangers back in to the top tier in exchange for reconstruction.

One more thing though, did you know you can download a PDF of sky's current broadcasting contracts and it states there must be 4 old firm games a year to make the contract valid.

So the spl signed up to a deal knowing it would be invalid if Celtic or rangers failed to make top 6.

Spl - sporting integrity pfffffffft

We've all been paying cash to our clubs for years thinking the rules were the same for everyone.

If thats the case we must ask WHY has no one in power announced this??

they want clarity and honesty what a joke mad.gif

Looks like the SPL is finished or very nearly. Three leagues and some sort of pyramid system. Pretty sure TRFC will end up in the Pyramid system for long enough to have 3 seasons worth of audited accounts then apply for the SFL proper.

TRFC wont find it as easy as they think as theres plenty good junior teams out there and some pretty dodgy pitches.

Think this would be fair punishment TBH.

That sounds fair, TRFC have to start all over again if you hit pause then restart you really have to go back to the beginning, real life doesn't have saved games.

Merging the governing bodies isn't of itself reconstruction.

It might potentially facilitate reconstruction, now or down the line.

One more thing though, did you know you can download a PDF of sky's current broadcasting contracts and it states there must be 4 old firm games a year to make the contract valid.

Can you post this link to Sky's SPL contract?

We've all been paying cash to our clubs for years thinking the rules were the same for everyone.

They are, it's outlined perfectly clearly in the SPL rulebook how the split works.

That is the law. If a person/company lend you money and there is no contact for 5 years you are no longer indebted. Contact would be any written statement, payment or request for payment.

Did you read my previous post ?

These payments were made OFFSHORE so they are not covered by SCOTS LAW.

That is the law. If a person/company lend you money and there is no contact for 5 years you are no longer indebted. Contact would be any written statement, payment or request for payment.

Thought it was 'acknowledgment'' that counts, not contact.

Edited by wunfellaff

A straight 21 team split ... we might sneak in :lol:

Just get some decent players and we just might see those elusive derbies return in a couple of years......:D

In fact, I bet there are people in Fife, Tayside, Lanarkshire, Paisley, Greenock, and all across the country matching up the fixtures we've all missed and would actually attract people to the game, unlike the sterile SPL we've had for so long. I always remember when I was (much :lol:) younger, our final league position was less important than how many we'd scored at Somerset. It'll be great to see those days return - there's no such thing as a meaningless game when bragging rights are at stake.....

The St Mirren boy on Sportsound was excellent.

He told me more than all the stuff that has come out about it how it effects clubs,

Need a transcript to make it viral.

I cannae believe it, bumming up St Mirren.

Well done that man.

Hope it works for them, but I think the reason there aren't more fan owned teams is that the model rarely works, They start off with huge enthusiasm with lots of people volunteering their time, this falls away in time, factions arise and and disillusion sets in. It would be interesting to hear from any Stirling Albion fans about how it's going there.

Again, I wish all the best for St Mirren and Motherwell..

what law are they covered by then?

They fall under the English tax evasion laws if you hadn't noticed and why the HMRC are hounding them for money claiming they ! Rangers ! paid as they claim as "BONUSES" and not as loans.

But the fact the sfa have scrambled to give rangers a top flight lifeline worries me, it also worries me that so many folk are happy to bring rangers back in to the top tier in exchange for reconstruction.

So the spl signed up to a deal knowing it would be invalid if Celtic or rangers failed to make top 6.

Well, if you can download it, you can upload it for us all to have a look at, or at least post a link. Not that I don't believe you, of course....;)

that's the first i've heard of any charity payment.

dundee united stated in court that the costs of staging the halloween game were £16,000. it's pretty clear they made a large profit.

It's been mentioned on this site a few times, in a thread you posted in actually. Came from a statement from Arab trust it's posted about halfway down the page.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/171083-rangers-fighting-fund-refuses-to-pay-dundee-united/page__st__100

We also didn't charge full price for the tickets either. Granted thats not a big deal but we do get accussed of charging full price for the replay occaissonally.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nID=3343&cd=2009&cd1=11

Link please..

By the way, this argument about whether loans have to be paid back or not is irrelevant, there's clear evidence that they were contractual payments, not least out of the mouth of wee Billy Dodds himself.

Edited by welshbairn

Apologies if this was posted earlier but I see that a Raith official isn't very happy at the thought of Dundee stepping-up to take Rangers place :lol:!! But then again, would Raith want Dunfermline to stay up instead?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/raith-rovers/106360-raith-director-unhappy-at-prospect-of-dundee-replacing-rangers-in-spl/

They are, it's outlined perfectly clearly in the SPL rulebook how the split works.

What I meant was, I had always assumed that if rangers or celtic finished bottom of the league they would be relegated just like everyone else, the current movement amongst governing bodies and sections of the media seem to suggest that if either glasgow side finished bottom of the league they'd simply rejig it to keep them in.

Radio Scotland were saying earlier about sky contracts online but I don't know the link. They also say that season after next ie starting 13 months from now, the clause says simply that rangers and Celtic must be involved but didn't specify a number of fixtures. ( good timing for reconstruction to a larger league playing each other twice then )

But again spl have signed up to this deal assuming the old firm CAN'T be relegated.

Presumably with nothing else to replace 100 hours of tv with next year sky will WANT to continue showing spl because

1 they need to show something

2 they can be seen to be on a moral high ground by continuing the deal without rangers

3 they will negotiate a tidy wee discount.