Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Beeb reporting rather well on the shifting sands. Interesting that Traynor is nowhere to be seen.

His coffin will open as soon as Sir Cardigan needs him to run some interference or plant a negative story about Chuck Green & Co.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

do you think chelsea will pay that money back?

do you think the millions that top players recieve for image rights in the form of loans will be paid back.

loans don't have to be paid back.

Fucking hell. That's the woefully pish argument your average Rangers* fan comes up with down my local.

do you think chelsea will pay that money back?

do you think the millions that top players recieve for image rights in the form of loans will be paid back.

loans don't have to be paid back.

Fairly certain that explanation won't wash with the Revenue in this instance.

Edited by Fife Saint

From here.... My link

Loans from an EBT – Income Tax

A common proposal is for funds placed in sub trusts of an EBT to be loaned out to the sub trust

beneficiary. Such loans will be treated as provided by reason of employment and will be subject to

income tax on the notional interest foregone, to the extent that interest is charged on the loan at a

lower rate than HMRC's official rate of interest.

While long term loan arrangements are presented as a method of "postponing" tax payable on sums

received while enjoying the benefit of the sums lent, HMRC will look closely at any loan arrangement to

see whether the circumstances of the loan are such that there was no intention on the parties that the

loan should ever be repaid. If HMRC consider that the parties intended that the loan should not be

repaid, they will treat the loan as a distribution subject to income tax and NIC in the year in which it is

made.

You may be technically right with your weasle words but HMRC don't see it that way.

Edited by Caff

This is the reason HMRC challenged the use of EBT loans. Because dimwits like you cannot tell the difference between a loan and a gift. A loan, by definition, must be repaid. No two ways about it, must be repaid.

but when must it be repaid?

This is the reason HMRC challenged the use of EBT loans. Because dimwits like you cannot tell the difference between a loan and a gift. A loan, by definition, must be repaid. No two ways about it, must be repaid.

The side letters presumably make it clear that they were contractual payments rather than a loan, anyway.

From here.... My link

Loans from an EBT – Income Tax

A common proposal is for funds placed in sub trusts of an EBT to be loaned out to the sub trust

beneficiary. Such loans will be treated as provided by reason of employment and will be subject to

income tax on the notional interest foregone, to the extent that interest is charged on the loan at a

lower rate than HMRC's official rate of interest.

While long term loan arrangements are presented as a method of "postponing" tax payable on sums

received while enjoying the benefit of the sums lent, HMRC will look closely at any loan arrangement to

see whether the circumstances of the loan are such that there was no intention on the parties that the

loan should ever be repaid. If HMRC consider that the parties intended that the loan should not be

repaid, they will treat the loan as a distribution subject to income tax and NIC in the year in which it is

made.

You may be technically right with your weasle words but HMRC don't see it that way.

The issue with Zombie newco is that these were not loans but contractual wages..that's been proven as far as I'm concerned

Own it and embrace it. v5iSX.gif

i can guarantee that over the past three seasons i've seen motherwell play more times than other poster on here has seen their own team play (we've played more games).

the idea that unless you fall in line with the defined unberdiddy opinion then you are a rangers fan or sympathiser sums up the level of thought on display here.

i can guarantee that over the past three seasons i've seen motherwell play more times than other poster on here has seen their own team play (we've played more games).

the idea that unless you fall in line with the defined unberdiddy opinion then you are a rangers fan or sympathiser sums up the level of thought on display here.

I'm not sure you're a Rangers fan, just a bit of a wind-up merchant to be honest.

But but but, you're doing the exact same thing - we don't agree with you therefore we're uberdidies and we can't think

Jog on weasel

but when must it be repaid?

Well if it isn't paid back,and they don't follow up on getting their money back,then something tells me it isn't a loan.It is either a payment,or a gift. Even i can work that out,and i'm a thick cxxt from Airdrie