Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

For the first time I am hearing Club12 being described as something other than Rangers.

Northsound News are stating if the SPL vote goes against Rangers on 4th July Club12 are likely to be Dundee.

It's a small start but hopefully more and more the MSM will recognise that Club12 on the fixture lists is not any specific team.

If its prospective supporters regard it as their rangers then fair enough, but it's a new club in business/legal and football administration terms.

This is certainly what seems to be happening with the SPL, otherwise that organisation wouldn't be developing its magic bullet theory and sh*tting Tiffany cufflinks at the prospect of non 'succession'.

Oldco (1899 Rangers Company in Liquidation) is transferring its SPL share to Newco (2012 Sevco5088 Company)

No continuation as far as that goes.

Newco is a new club although it's home ground, facilities and colours might be the same as the Rangers that are in liquidation.

If its prospective supporters regard it as their rangers then fair enough, but it's a new club in business/legal and football administration terms.

I was referring to the SFA club membership where if it is transferred to the new company from the old company then it has to be established if the club is a continuos club. Neither you,me or anyone else can give a definitive answer to this but there are precedents under UEFA and F.A.s where clubs were deemed continuos after liquidation. That is the whole crux of the argument.

One sanction which should be applied, but hasn't been mentioned yet is a choice of strip to reflect the years of cheating, tax evasion, bigotry, intimidation etc, etc. The SFA should impose a strip so that every time they take to the field they carry the mark of their shame with them. What would be your "uniform" of choice for The New Rangers in Div Whatever? My choice would be black and white hoops from the shirt, through the shorts and right down to the socks with only black boots allowed. (just like the old silent movie convicts)

I dont think he'd like that one bit :o

Because the SFA have to wait for an application from SevCo - who themselves have to have a league accept them before they go to the SFA.

The RTC blog had a post the other day which suggested they wouldnt have to apply to the SFA to transfer their membership, if the SPL transfer goes ahead, as they would be the same club.

Oldco (1899 Rangers Company in Liquidation) is transferring its SPL share to Newco (2012 Sevco5088 Company)

No continuation as far as that goes.

Newco is a new club although it's home ground, facilities and colours might be the same as the Rangers that are in liquidation.

How can transferring a share not be continuation?

Things just got even more f*ucked-up than they were already:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/106736-spl-will-charge-newco-rangers-on-non-contractual-payments/

How can the SPL apply any charges due to the actions of scumgers on the zombie newco? There is a clue in the name - NEWco, ie. not the OLDco oops.gif1eye.gif

The assets of oldco scumgers, who cheated Scottish football for years, have been sold and the club will cease to exist in the not too distant future. The authorities appear to be trying to have their cake and eat it but that won't work. Reading between the lines, they are trying to force the zombies to make the decision to enter the SFL at a lower level with the incentive being that they will then get scumgers registration but without the penalties (financial and disciplinary ones at least) that go with it.

That article is from yesterday and quotes the SFL as saying they would decide once they know whats happening. Either the journo knows something no-one else does, or he's making it up

It's not clear whether the crests (jersey interlocking letters and round club crest) were acquired by Green as part of his purchase from the administrator. I assume that they will have been.

I think it's then down to the SFA and SPL as to whether the crests can be used. My guess is that the interlocking RFC might not be subject to trade/brand marks as per the umbro kit on release at the minute and that's probably ok still be used, but the other crest as logo for the oldco probably will be replaced.

Be interested to know how that works.

As for shirt sponsor, I have no idea if the tennents deal transferred to Newco or not.

Guess they'll be explained down the line.

Well, it seems to me minor contractual rewritings would deal with all of that. But the fact is (and I nearly wrote fact in capitals there!) Rangers FC as we know them are dead. No more. There's no question of the Newco being a Conuco as it were. It seems to me both the SFA and the SFL have to make this clear, and Rangers fans have to recognise it. Any punishment must recognise this. A points reduction would essentially be saying this is a Conuco. Using logic alone, only a restart in division 3 would make sense. Legal issues aside, Rangers FC surely can't continue to play as a branded Rangers F.

No,and neither did i. Read the post it says the years between 2001-2009. While the reading of this investigation goes back to 1998-99 season,the first season of the existing SPL the years that this investigation actually covers is the EBT years,2001-2009.

The graphic showed the runners in competitions from 1989 - 2011. That includes seasons 2001 - 2009 in my book.

IMO if they let Rangers back into the SPL then the league has about as much credibility as the MLS franchise league.

Motherwell Right Wingers has a nice ring to it.

The MLS isn't perfect but the MLS has infinitely more credibility than the SPL when it comes to disciplinary matters.

Well, it seems to me minor contractual rewritings would deal with all of that. But the fact is (and I nearly wrote fact in capitals there!) Rangers FC as we know them are dead. No more. There's no question of the Newco being a Conuco as it were. It seems to me both the SFA and the SFL have to make this clear, and Rangers fans have to recognise it. Any punishment must recognise this. A points reduction would essentially be saying this is a Conuco. Using logic alone, only a restart in division 3 would make sense. Legal issues aside, Rangers FC surely can't continue to play as a branded Rangers F.

The SPL can't decide what is a continuation club and what isn't only the SFA have that power. The SPL could vote Yes for a newco then the SFA deny the transfer of membership and make newco apply for a new club membership. That would mean Sevco's Rangers officially loses all it's history.

Aren't the SFA tribunal supposed to meet at the end of this week to discuss the sanctions that the SFA are to impose? If they decided to suspend Rangers for a season then essentially thats the SPLs work done as without membership they can't play in the SPL and theres nothing to be voted on?

Suspension would mean that Club12 (Dundee) would need moved into the SPL and others bumped up. Div 3 would either run with 9 teams for a year or invite entries. After the year Rangers could re-enter the league (surely reconstructed) and be back in the SPL within a couple of seasons???

The SPL can't decide what is a continuation club and what isn't only the SFA have that power. The SPL could vote Yes for a newco then the SFA deny the transfer of membership and make newco apply for a new club membership. That would mean Sevco's Rangers officially loses all it's history.

Stonker.....that's the way they are planning to do it!!! Give it max profile and really rub their noses in it, just when the Cockwomble, Wee Chico, The Fatted Lamb and the Berrs get all moist at the thought, along come the SFA and turn a fire hose on their genitals. 8)

Things just got even more f*ucked-up than they were already:

http://sport.stv.tv/...ctual-payments/

How can the SPL apply any charges due to the actions of scumgers on the zombie newco? There is a clue in the name - NEWco, ie. not the OLDco oops.gif1eye.gif

The assets of oldco scumgers, who cheated Scottish football for years, have been sold and the club will cease to exist in the not too distant future. The authorities appear to be trying to have their cake and eat it but that won't work. Reading between the lines, they are trying to force the zombies to make the decision to enter the SFL at a lower level with the incentive being that they will then get scumgers registration but without the penalties (financial and disciplinary ones at least) that go with it.

you make a good point but choose to ignore the obvious.......

Yes it is a New Company and the Old Company will soon cease to exist but:

Rangers Newco seek to retain the Oldco history, SFA Membership & SPL share whilst dumping all the bad debt & the due punishments for their ill gotten gains over the years............I'd say its (The) Rangers who want their cake and eat it.

For anyone who didn't catch 'Off The Ball' on Saturday, here's a wee link to BBC iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...all_16_06_2012/

The good stuff re. DeadH*n & Newcorpse kicks in at about 5m50secs. Chapeau to Stuart Cosgrove for his concise thoughts.

Aye SC does give it to them, precise honest and shows the fallacy about punishments being too severe , aye what punishment.

That sounds great. Make it so.

So once the SPL decide yes or no, it's the SFA who will decide any punishment which follows?

you make a good point but choose to ignore the obvious.......

Yes it is a New Company and the Old Company will soon cease to exist but:

Rangers Newco seek to retain the Oldco history, SFA Membership & SPL share whilst dumping all the bad debt & the due punishments for their ill gotten gains over the years............I'd say its (The) Rangers who want their cake and eat it.

This seems to me to be completely unethical. I find it hard to believe anyone would accept this. I'm increasingly of the mind that a yes vote will be the death knell of Scottish football. It took a while for it to click for me, but a yes vote will be scandalous unless accompanied with draconian punishment.