Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I had got to thinking that when all this is put to bed, The New Rangers have finally been put in their place (wherever) and the new season kicks off, there would be little else of interest. But....Hector has his shotgun out and will be aiming his sites on a few with ex-Ibrox connections, and every time there's a court case, the Ibrox faithful will be reminded (by us, of course) of the depth of their manipulation of the beautiful game. This is going to run for years and years. Will this thread carry on to record the Borgiastic machinations of the Downfall of the House of Ibrox?

The Borgiastic Machinations

Me likey !

Anyone else get the feeling the SPL made yesterdays announcement with the increasing hostility towards the NewCo and the want for a no votes, so that they can try to placate the fans but still say "We can vote them back in, but they'll still be punished". The fact is, that they've cheated for not just years but decades. It won't wash anymore. The system is completely broken and we need a radical overhaul in the Scottish game, and we're on the verge of being able to achieve that. Rangers have lived a tax-free, opulent lifestyle for decades upon end with other clubs struggling to make ends meet as a result of ridiculous criteria. They've quite simply got to go.

Surely if the NewCo is culpable for the sins of the EBT, then they must also inherit the debt and tax cases of OldCo?

Edited by rw89

I take your point SJC, but my point is that by allowing the Newco to cling to the hope that they can retain use of the name and the history while entering the SPL as Club12, the SFA/SPL can then say OK on the condition that Newco faces up to the debt and sanctions, which they are trying strenuously to avoid - thus forcing them to agree to re-emerge somewhere (SFL3/SPL2 or whatever) other than the SPL minus sanctions and debt

I just think that ALL parties involved are delaying their decisions as none want to be seen as "the ones that killed Rangers"

Spineless in my opinion.

1340110253[/url]' post='6351208']

If that is true, a couple of things spring immediately to mind

1) McColl and park have realised how much cash it will take to resurrect this corpse.

2) McColl and Park realise how tarnished the whole thing is and don't want this impinging on their core businesses.

3) McColl and Park realise that Sir Cardigan is "heavily conflicted" re. EBT's.

4) Campbell Ogilvie has tipped off the Cardigan Consortium that the game is a bogey and the SFA are going to release the hounds.

All of the above.

If that is true, a couple of things spring immediately to mind

1) McColl and park have realised how much cash it will take to resurrect this corpse.

2) McColl and Park realise how tarnished the whole thing is and don't want this impinging on their core businesses.

3) McColl and Park realise that Sir Cardigan is "heavily conflicted" re. EBT's.

4) Campbell Ogilvie has tipped off the Cardigan Consortium that the game is a bogey and the SFA are going to release the hounds.

Oooooooohhhh, I like number 4. I'm just having a little sensation. back in 5 minutes. B

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamontWalter Smith consortium withdrawing bid to allow Green and co to get on with it

Collapse

For once, I'll be interested to see Leggo's take on this, as opposed to merely amused :ph34r:

Craig Whyte operated Rangers on a different basis to every other team. Chiefly by not paying tax. The cheating didn't stop in 2009, and I don't know if it's fair to separate the issues. It amounts to a decade of. cheating other clubs.

Rangers as a club have felt the impact of Whyte with this ongoing situation,shareholders and debenture bondholders have lost a lot of money and in that regard have suffered, along with the employees of the club,as individuals more than anyone else so it really is a separate issue. As stated before the time factor of the investigation covers the period 2001-2009.

I just think that ALL parties involved are delaying their decisions as none want to be seen as "the ones that killed Rangers"

Spineless in my opinion.

They could all simply arrange to issue their various decisions on the count of 3. That way it would be like a firing squad where only of those with a gun has a live bullet - they all loaded their guns, they all pulled their triggers at the same time, but which shot actually made the difference??????? In this case all of them, but collective responsibility should apply for them all allowing the situation to develop in the first place, so resolve it collectively.

So the Cardigan Consortium ride off into the sunset....who knew? Chas G really is the only game in town.....unlucky.

Oh dear will we be back in the same place same time next year ?

Not as if Green has a mass amount of money, will any new registry want some money up front to ensure they have a guarantee.