Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I note that the general consensus among the Rangers support online is that; Green cannot afford to run the club, therefore Green must sell to Cardigan Consort for whatever they offer. However, surely if Green really does own the assets and cannot afford to run the club, the most likely option would be for him to wind things down and start selling those parts off again? He must have had a valuation for the assets or he wouldn't have purchased them in the first place, and I seriously doubt he's going to be feeling under much pressure by media attacks or angry supporters withholding their season ticket money.

So in this scenario, what is the soonest we can expect to see the padlocks go on the gates, or is this going to end up with years worth of legal untangling?

It's like marrying a serious gold-digger, a really high-maintenance, designer-shopping, hair-nails-and-spray-tan-a-week WAG.

It is never going to be a comfortable keep-me-in-the-style-to-which-I-have-become-accustomed deal. They were used to living way beyond their means, and that bought no success in Europe, and only moderate success (for them) in Scotland. In order to maintain that lifestyle, you'd need to pump in at least £15 million a year, and be prepared to write it off. Even if New Rangers do play in some form next season, the berrs will soon tire of having to put up with the shit the rest of us take as normal.

Rangers were outbid by Hibs for that Honduran trialist they had at the end of last season. They had David Healy up front - a player recently linked with St Johnstone. The idea that Rangers are no longer a cut above the rest of the SPL in terms of talent level must surely have hit home. Not least when Lee McCulloch was playing up front. The levels of denial expressed by some Rangers Media troglodytes is frankly astounding.

Quote : “One or more clubs can’t be allowed to operate with an unfair advantage."

Really ? How about equal gate/tv money then ? .........thought not.

Baby steps and all that. Now they've seen the club they love to hate die so very quickly and to the delight of the other 40 senior clubs fans, their mindset will change.

Now this is the way to Utopia isn't it? :huh:

It's like marrying a serious gold-digger, a really high-maintenance, designer-shopping, hair-nails-and-spray-tan-a-week WAG.

It is never going to be a comfortable keep-me-in-the-style-to-which-I-have-become-accustomed deal. They were used to living way beyond their means, and that bought no success in Europe, and only moderate success (for them) in Scotland. In order to maintain that lifestyle, you'd need to pump in at least £15 million a year, and be prepared to write it off. Even if New Rangers do play in some form next season, the berrs will soon tire of having to put up with the shit the rest of us take as normal.

So it's from this :-

WAGS.jpg

To this :-

CORRIE.jpg

I'm a drug dealer so most of my work is done in the wee small hours leaving lots of time to point and laugh at the demise of one of Scotland's Britain's Europe's the World's greatest footballing institutions.

And yes I do use my own product.

you deliver to kirkcaldy 8)8)

Towards the end of May a post appeared on another forum re. Walter Smith. For some strange reason it was pulled shortly thereafter, although I copied it before it disappeared. Given all that has happened in the last few days, I think it will be OK to post here now. Mods can let me know if that's not the case.

Last Action Hero

Rangers fans will, with considerable justification, feel under attack and believe that the existence of something very dear to them is threatened. It is a basic fact of sociology that groups in crisis will blame others- those from without- for what ails them rather than looking inward. To break the vicious cycle that spirals downward towards disaster, someone of real character needs to step forward to acknowledge the real problems and help the group come to some acceptance of what has happened. Rangers need a real leader just now. When the time comes to pick up the rubble strewn around Rangers FC, the club’s supporters need look no further than Walter Smith as a man who has been tested by events and proven to have the right stuff.

Unlike those to whom EBTs were not offered or not available, it appears that Smith was presented during his time as Everton manager with an opportunity that looks similar to that taken by Graeme Souness while manager at Blackburn Rovers. In September 2002, Smith applied to the Murray Group Management Remuneration Trust trustees for a loan for £80,000. Despite the loan request being approved in the same month, the payment does not appear to have ever been completed. Quite what he had done to merit this payment- four years after leaving the Rangers’ employment- is difficult to tell from the paper trail. However, it looks like Walter Smith thought better of receiving money from his old club through the EBT scheme.

Temptation itself is no sin. It looks like Smith had the character to walk away from what will have appeared at the time to be easy money. That is to be admired. If I have this interpretation wrong, I will be pleased to publish an alternative explanation of events with equal prominence.

In whatever form a new Rangers emerges (and some form of Rangers will be reborn), it will need men like Smith if it is to put the last decade behind it. Some will quibble that Smith was content to benefit from winning championships with teams liberally supplied with players who were subsidised by the EBT scheme. As a non-director and a football man, he can be absolved of responsibility for understanding the tax compliance issues surrounding the scheme. Finding the money to pay players was not his job.

In a tale involving many villains, it was refreshing to stumble over an uplifting chapter.

For those who have asked, Ally McCoist was not a beneficiary of this scheme. Three players, Hamed Namouchi, Ross McCormack, and Francis Jeffers had trusts opened in their name in anticipation of payments being made, but for a variety of reasons no money was ever paid to them through these accounts.

At the time when this was first posted and removed soon after I had a sneaky suspicion that it was a bit of a flushing out exercise (flushing out what I didn't know though). Given recent goings on and comments made by those who appear to be 'in the loop' I have an even stronger suspicion that RTC intentionally posted that piece "by mistake".

I could be miles off right enough.

At the time when this was first posted and removed soon after I had a sneaky suspicion that it was a bit of a flushing out exercise (flushing out what I didn't know though). Given recent goings on and comments made by those who appear to be 'in the loop' I have an even stronger suspicion that RTC intentionally posted that piece "by mistake".

I could be miles off right enough.

You could well be right.

It's all getting a bit All The President's Men / Deep Throat.

:ph34r:

YOU'VE BEEN TANGO'D :lol:

Gordon Smith, Jimmy Calderwood and Derek Whyte traipsing down the street together - does that constitute an orange walk?

Never been a great conspiracy theorist but I still think the Leggo is right for once and that the cardigan will be reappearing.

Bear with me. I thought that with Uncle Wattie and the gang being at the helm of Newco it would make the pressure on the SPL for election unbearable. Probably true but their funds did at least give the Chairmen the option of extreme sanctions.

With Chuck being in charge they simply HAVE to be in the SPL. The guy has`nt much money and these guys will know that the costs associated with maintaining the Newco infrastructure could not possibly be brought in with relegation to SFL3. Like it or not, if this guy`s cashflow is as limited as has been suggested then relegation could well mean the demise of the club. We might want that, I certainly do, but there is`nt a snowballs chance in hell that the SPL would even consider it as an end game.

So, Chuck falls on his knees, explains that the SPL are considering what will be a death sentence and has that commuted to severe financial and points penalties.

Newco stay in the SPL. Suddenly they become a reasonable business proposition. The Cardigan and friends move in. Chuck makes his money and leaves, job done.

Just a thought.

My premise is that; THE SPL WILL NOT RELEGATE NEWCO IF THERE IS THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE THAT IT WILL KILL THE CLUB.

Never been a great conspiracy theorist but I still think the Leggo is right for once and that the cardigan will be reappearing.

Bear with me. I thought that with Uncle Wattie and the gang being at the helm of Newco it would make the pressure on the SPL for election unbearable. Probably true but their funds did at least give the Chairmen the option of extreme sanctions.

With Chuck being in charge they simply HAVE to be in the SPL. The guy has`nt much money and these guys will know that the costs associated with maintaining the Newco infrastructure could not possibly be brought in with relegation to SFL3. Like it or not, if this guy`s cashflow is as limited as has been suggested then relegation could well mean the demise of the club. We might want that, I certainly do, but there is`nt a snowballs chance in hell that the SPL would even consider it as an end game.

So, Chuck falls on his knees, explains that the SPL are considering what will be a death sentence and has that commuted to severe financial and points penalties.

Newco stay in the SPL. Suddenly they become a reasonable business proposition. The Cardigan and friends move in. Chuck makes his money and leaves, job done.

Just a thought.

My premise is that; THE SPL WILL NOT RELEGATE NEWCO IF THERE IS THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE THAT IT WILL KILL THE CLUB.

Aye sure "Bear with me" - nobody likes you, now you've noticed you're fooked cos the wrath is about to fall - go watch Bogtrotters