Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I havent heard much praise on here, unlike all the journos, about the great sacrifice that Wilde and Celik made today. Have you guys no shame?

Wilde was on £4k a week and would be dropping that by 50% to £2k a week to stay with a club that has no chance of winning anything for years assuming it even continues to exist. And if it continues to exist his £2k is not guaranteed. In the meantime his agent has touted him around The Championship with several clubs all interested. Will any of them be offering him just £2k a week? Dont think so. He left because it suited him. But of course I am just a cynical fan as the media are telling us that he paid the ultimate price. The final sacrifice for the team. He walked away.

I agree.

The first thing I thought was these guys' agents probably have them lined up with clubs which will give them a nice signing on fee and most likely higher wages. Far from making a sacrifice they are out of the mess at Ibrox and on to something better. As far as I'm concerned the reason Wylde wasn't sleeping at night was he was feart the angry Rangers hordes would put his windowns in or worse if he didn't get the sob story right.

As for the high earners at Ibrox they hold all the aces. They are assets for Rangers post administration. McGregor in particular is highly sought after and would make post admin Rangers a fair few millions. They are the ones the administrators need to take the cuts. 75% of £28k is a helluva lot more than 25% of £5k. Remember too that just walking away or being made redundant puts them in the same category ad Wylde etc ie they get a signing on fee and good wages at a stable club plus post admin Rangers get nothing

I havent heard much praise on here, unlike all the journos, about the great sacrifice that Wilde and Celik made today. Have you guys no shame?

Wilde was on £4k a week and would be dropping that by 50% to £2k a week to stay with a club that has no chance of winning anything for years assuming it even continues to exist. And if it continues to exist his £2k is not guaranteed. In the meantime his agent has touted him around The Championship with several clubs all interested. Will any of them be offering him just £2k a week? Dont think so. He left because it suited him. But of course I am just a cynical fan as the media are telling us that he paid the ultimate price. The final sacrifice for the team. He walked away.

It's a pretty decent gesture. I think the Rangers players and Ally McCoist are the only ones coming out of this with any sense of decency.

It's a pretty decent gesture. I think the Rangers players and Ally McCoist are the only ones coming out of this with any sense of decency.

Ally McCoist is coming out of this as a spineless shitebag.

So, how would they vote?

I'd guess-

Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman)...For Rangers

Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive)...For Rangers

Eric Riley (Celtic FC)...For Rangers

Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC)...Against Rangers

Derek Weir (Motherwell FC)...For Rangers

Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC)...For Rangers, embarrassingly.

We're definitely fucked.

Not surprising given which team he supports . . . .

Even If his old man was still in charge we'd still be 'for Rangers' I guess simply due to the money we might get from them being around.

Is he? Please explain, as I must admit I don't see that at all.

In hindsight, "spineless shitebag" is perhaps a bit harsh.

I certainly think he should have been more involved with the redundancy process than he has been, washing his hands of the whole thing and saying it's up to the administrators and the administrators only. For the club he supports to be in such a financial shitehole you'd think he'd realise that cuts have to be made.

In hindsight, "spineless shitebag" is perhaps a bit harsh.

I certainly think he should have been more involved with the redundancy process than he has been, washing his hands of the whole thing and saying it's up to the administrators and the administrators only. For the club he supports to be in such a financial shitehole you'd think he'd realise that cuts have to be made.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but I would never want to tell anyone they are being made redundant. Especially not 19 year old kids who are actually depend on their weekly wage packet. I can quite see why he's saying "it's not me, I'm not prepared to pick and choose who loses their job and who doesn't." I don't think he's denying the need for cuts, I just think he doesn't want to make them. It's not as if he's telling players you aren't performing so we're letting you go, which is one thing, but to tell some of these guys they are losing all of their income with no pay-off - McCoist strikes me as a decent guy who loves the club he works for and he can't bring himself to do it. Unlike many of his co-workers, who I would gladly see out of a job. Odious little shit Jimmy Bell for one.

The only thing I wish McCoist had been more vocal about is his disassociation with Craig Whyte.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but I would never want to tell anyone they are being made redundant. Especially not 19 year old kids who are actually depend on their weekly wage packet. I can quite see why he's saying "it's not me, I'm not prepared to pick and choose who loses their job and who doesn't." I don't think he's denying the need for cuts, I just think he doesn't want to make them. It's not as if he's telling players you aren't performing so we're letting you go, which is one thing, but to tell some of these guys they are losing all of their income with no pay-off - McCoist strikes me as a decent guy who loves the club he works for and he can't bring himself to do it. Unlike many of his co-workers, who I would gladly see out of a job. Odious little shit Jimmy Bell for one.

The only thing I wish McCoist had been more vocal about is his disassociation with Craig Whyte.

Which is exactly why he is spineless.

I would never want to tell anyone they are being made redundant.

Neither would I, which is why I'll never be management material at my work.

In this case, by seemingly refusing to get involved, Ally McCoist isn't doing his job.

Picking and choosing who keeps their jobs is part of management though - regardless of whether it's kids who aren't good enough or superstars needing to go to balance the books.

Front page of the Record is outstanding :lol:

I take it once the administrators have negotiated pay cuts with the players so none of them lose their jobs they will then be equally willing to negotiate, and equally patient, with the media team, ticket office staff and so on? Nah, thought not <_<

Agree - McCoist is paid at least 500k a year I guess. For that kind of money he should be expected to make hard decisions. I've had to let people go for a lot less!

And as to the players showing dignity - its largely been self interest and a blind refusal to accept reality as far as I can see. Plenty of other decimated post admin squads have pulled together better than this shower have on the pitch as well.

If anyone cares to listen to the Whyte phonecalls from the front page of the Record then fill yer boots here:

It's pretty tedious stuff though, I want those twenty minutes of my life back :angry:

Time for fresh popcorn!

Dave King is going to sue Minty Moonbeams for £20 Million because of non disclosure of the EBT's.

Great start to the day! Where'd you get this one from?

Edit: got it, cheers!

Edited by Jussy

@MattLindsayET: Glasgow-born, South Africa-based businessman King will sue Murray for non-disclosure of the Ibrox club's full financial position. #rfc

I have no idea whether this will be successful or not, but it seems from the outside a spectacularly hilarious development.