Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not a supporter of RFC, or any other Scottish Club

Aye - sorry to inform you that RFC passed away - there is a remembrance site called SevcoMedia where you can pay respects to the departed. Contact a councellor called Charles Green if you feel you have been affected by any issues discussed here

Question no 4 - is an on the spot round to Mr McCoist - "Who were the 3 on that independant Tribunal and what were their names/addresses?"

Is it their post codes so a few Bears in a car with a satnav can get there to having a word with them? :(

Or if it the coordinates you need for the Bear's Cruise missile tell them to use 55.825105, -4.251716 (These will knock out the SFA and SPL offices in a oner. :D)

Surely, they cant be both. If they are cheats then they must be the same club as before, therefore have history. If the have no history then they area new club who have not, yet, cheated.

I dont think you've thought this through :P

Although, your reasoning is still significantly above the standard of Laeotaekhun

Ah bollocks!!! You're right enough, can't even accuse you of being pedantic. Back to the drawing board

Ok, here's some food for thought -

Below are the current world rankings for the homeless World Cup.

1 Brazil

2 Mexico

3 Scotland

4 Ukraine

5 Chile

6 Russia

7 Ireland

8 Portugal

9 Poland

10 Kenya

Do these mean that we have a homeless population similar to those in the top 5? Don't think so. So what does this tell us about our attitude towards the game?

Even when we're at rock bottom, soaked in our own blood and pish and trying to grow a sleeping bag from our chin, we still want to play. What's more we seem to fare better. No money, no assistance, no problem.

The game just could not die in Scotland regardless of what the MSM and the ruling bodies tell us. It doesn't need an ex-politician writing a 2 year report to help it either, it needs less involvement from those with only an academic or financial interest. Sport and business are uneasy bedfellows at the best of times but what we're witnessing now from our "leaders" is just naked avarice. There will undoubtedly be many innocent casualties from a drastic shake-up to the game but it seems so corrupt that something has to give.

I've never really bothered with forums before but the thought of the buns just strong-arming their way back into the top flight led me here. I honestly thought I would be in a hated minority but in 2 weeks I've been amazed at the breadth of knowledge and passion still out there, and not from just a hardy few. Fucking magic.

Now's a time for change, don't let this momentum lead to nothing. Keep the inboxes of your chairmen and the SPL/SFL/SFA groaning with the weight of opinion against this shite - donkey-jackets and braziers optional.

Cheers

Bomber Broon: Ahm no gonnae tell you who ma chicken is, cos the meedja wull jist pluck it. But ah wull tell youse, ah've got hunners o'chickens. This boy here in the front, he's ma chicken. In fact, youse are ALL ma chickens

I think Bomber's banned from keeping chickens. It may also be a good idea if he was banned from public speaking.

Where I live it's nearly a hanging offence if you don't know the words to "The Sash".

A mile up the road, it's nearly a hanging offence if you do know the words.

Mind how you go.

If I were you I'd move half a mile.

Im sure they will. HMRC have already said they will pursue past directors of Rangers FC.

I think, if you check, that they have said they will be pursuing all avenues open to them, of which past directors, of RFC, represent only one avenue.

If I was, in any way, associated with anyone who had executive/non executive responsibilities, for RFC, (Administrators,SFA/SPL et al) I would not be sleeping soundly.

HMRC seem determined to use RFC as a test case in just how far they can go to recover monies stolen from the taxpayer.

This would then allow them to use the RFC case to pursue many other football and none football investigations.

So, assuming that the SFL isn't somehow bullied into accepting 'Rangers' into SFL1, how would we like our chairmen to decide between Cove Rangers, Spartans and 'Rangers'? I've no idea how that should go. My inclination is to say with a large stadium (assuming they still have it) and a potentially large support, it'd be hard to deny whatever Rangers have emerged as. But it'd also be hard to deny Cove and Spartans their chance to build up in the leagues, rather than merely being jumped over by the remnants of a failed football club. PS I have no knowledge as to whether these clubs and/or others will apply to fill a potential vacancy.

How would you vote, and why?

Is the SPL with its £1mil TV buyout no close to the wire with the law on bribes given it is followed with a threat?

1Offences of bribing another person(1)A person (“P”) is guilty of an offence if either of the following cases applies.

(2)Case 1 is where—

(a)P offers, promises or gives a financial or other advantage to another person, and

(b)P intends the advantage—

(i)to induce a person to perform improperly a relevant function or activity, or

(ii)to reward a person for the improper performance of such a function or activity.

(3)Case 2 is where—

(a)P offers, promises or gives a financial or other advantage to another person, and

(b)P knows or believes that the acceptance of the advantage would itself constitute the improper performance of a relevant function or activity.

(4)In case 1 it does not matter whether the person to whom the advantage is offered, promised or given is the same person as the person who is to perform, or has performed, the function or activity concerned.

(5)In cases 1 and 2 it does not matter whether the advantage is offered, promised or given by P directly or through a third party.

and would the SFL then also be guilty under the law if it accepted it?

I think, if you check, that they have said they will be pursuing all avenues open to them, of which past directors, of RFC, represent only one avenue.

If I was, in any way, associated with anyone who had executive/non executive responsibilities, for RFC, (Administrators,SFA/SPL et al) I would not be sleeping soundly.

HMRC seem determined to use RFC as a test case in just how far they can go to recover monies stolen from the taxpayer.

This would then allow them to use the RFC case to pursue many other football and none football investigations.

I think, if you check, that they said this

by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company’s financial affairs in recent years.

The only people, legally, responsible for the financial affairs of a company are its directors.

Fook that for Dundee pal - lived there 3 years and it's a minefield. I'm guessing in your older years you have moved someplace like Monifieth

If it were a minefield then I would imagine any sort of movement would be fraught with danger.

I live in a very nice part of Dundee (yes they exist) but there is a relatively close proximity to parts that possibly would not be described as nice.

Where I live it's nearly a hanging offence if you don't know the words to "The Sash".

A mile up the road, it's nearly a hanging offence if you do know the words.

Mind how you go.

Id learn the words to this...quickly...

Although, your reasoning is still significantly above the standard of Laeotaekhun

At least my reasoning raises itself above the level of subjectivity.

But, you should continue to believe what you wish.

Living in a self erected bubble must be heaven!

Did you realise, for example, that Davie Provan had retired or that the UK no longer uses L.S.D?

Is it any wonder that supporters of clubs, elsewhere, regard Scottish Football as being somewhat parochial?

And, just for you (knowing how much you love them)!

;)

Edited by Laeotaekhun