Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FWIW here is the draft of the SGM letter.

It won't make anything clearer but my reading is one vote on part (i) and if that is YES , then a further vote on part (ii)

BUT it could be read as just ONE vote.

The next part simply follows on from that.

It may have been carefully worded to confuse folk after a heavy lunch. Sneaky bastids.

Having said all that, the word 'vote' does not appear anywhere.

Subject: SFL Special General Meeting – Friday, 13th July, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the "Board") to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,

David A. Longmuir

Chief Executive, SFL.

ETA Hopefully someone simply asks ' how many votes?' before they start.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Unless I'm mistaken, Whyte was going to sue the BBC over the documentary, Martin Bain was definitely going to sue someone. Ex-St Mirren director Ken McGeoch was going to sue the St Mirren board, AND the BBC, and someone was going to sue Collyer Bristow over something. Dave King was intending to sue somebody - absolutely sure he was, and now maybe a series of players will sue over international clearance?

Surely to Christ someone was going to sue Ticketus, or was it that Ticketus were going to sue Whyte?

C L U S T E R F U C K !

not sure about most but

H&D are however suing Collyer Bristow but i believe that will be handed over to BDO in due course i think it was £25M and was part of one of the CVA pots & will be used to pay for something or other from liquidation

H&D took ticketus to court to see if they could get away with not paying them

You know this for a fact? What about win bonuses if the clearance is not through in time? Though I did not mention it in my earlier post, what about the players who have not yet signed for a club; could it be the sevco position is a barrier to them being signed?

no its my opinion sorry i worded it to seem otherwise i realise this now

win bonuses are just that a bonus

& i do however agree with you on the free agents they would have a case under my opinion

A wee while ago, someone promised that some 'nuclear' revelations were about to be released into the public domain, and certain individuals would be bricking it.

I can't remember who said it, or if anything came of it. Was it Thommo' on Ch4?

As well as the bungs, there was an alleged quote from a former manager that there was a huge fraud to be uncovered yet.

The guess was plg, as advocat not probably involved timeline wise.

Surprised not much was made if it at the time, I 'think' it came from RTC...

I emailed the chairman of St Johnstone seeking an assurance that our club had no involvement in the initial proposal. Still waiting on a reply.

May I suggest that it is SPL Chairmen as well as Doncaster and Regan that are behind the proposals.

If this is the case what are your supporters groups doing about it?

If this is not the case why are they not sacking Doncaster for going outwith his remit and withdrawing the proposal immediately?

Is it worth trying tae go through the 2662 pages of this? :lol:

If somebody with lots of time on their hands (whistles for Magee) could take the time to go through this and document some arbitrary chapters then that would be marvellous both for new starters and for general reference when somebody decides to review this for their Higher English RPR or whatever.

These could then be named along the lines of The End is Nigh, The Phoenix Rises, We do Do Walking Away, A New Dawn etc would be handy.

The push must be on now to kick newco out of the game. Friday is the biggest day in the history of the SFL with regard to seeing what our clubs are made of.

Do the right thing.

The SFL? Forget SFL or even Scottish football - surely we're talking world football with Ranjurs being a global brand. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

The push must be on now to kick newco out of the game. Friday is the biggest day in the history of the SFL with regard to seeing what our clubs are made of.

Do the right thing.

Yep. Biggest day in the history of Scottish football. And it's not hyperbole to say that on Friday the game in this country either dies or doesn't.

If somebody with lots of time on their hands (whistles Magee) could take the time to go through this and document some arbitrary chapters then that would be marvellous both for new starters and for general reference when somebody decides to review this for their Higher English RPR or whatever.

Things along the lines of The End is Nigh, The Phoenix Rises, False Hope, A New Dawn etc would be handy. I'm sure you guys could think of some funny ones.

we really should have had a seperate thread for no chat where all the articles were placed imo

Do the right thing.

It is now the only option left

It would be great if it was literal and they're going to carry out nuclear testing on Ibrox. Probably cause about £14 worth of damage in Govan.

If the phrase not........."dropped an atom bomb on Govan and accidentally caused £14 billion worth of improvements"

Do the right thing.

The way it looks the question has been asked then aye, that's what must be done.

If the only way to keep them out of division one is to reject the application entirely then that's what we've got to do.