Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Throughout the whole thing, even since before Whyte took over, the one thing that constantly comes back to me is WATP - where are the people?

They're doing their part by labelling anyone/everyone who criticises Rangers financial shenanigans a ******/*****/tarrier/paedophile/terrorist. That's how you help save a club!

Edited by Johnny van Axeldongen

Amidst all the talk of buyers lurking in the shadows of the big hoose, there's one thing puzzling me.

Say there's an as yet unknown multi-millionaire (a real one, this time :rolleyes:) who has the tens of millions to drop into a black hole - 'cos that's where a lot of it would be going - and more tens of millions to back a return to top-level prominence.

Would said multi-millionaire:

A) Buy rangers, and see them rise back to the top end of the SPL, and piss away 10 more million a year on their trading deficit with no improvement (in fact a current and possibly ongoing European ban causing the exact opposite) in their trading environment, OR

B) Buy Portsmouth, invest a similar amount and potentially (in time) have a club in the top division of english football, where the potential income is several orders of magnitude greater than anything available in Scotland.

Obviously a tough question for yer average govan trog, but anyone who's got that kind of cash together must have a couple of brain cells knocking around between his/her ears. Remember the last time someone bought them? Didn't actually have ANY money, did he? Other than a quid he found in the pocket of his Matalan suit, that is. :lol:

ETA: Sorry, he had a few million, but it belonged to the club, not him. Now, what was that film, ye know, Redford, Newman, Scott Joplin theme tune....

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Protest at Ibrox tonight 7:30 Be there!! RangersMedia link

Must be serious. :huh:

If the lad is by himself with his mispelt banner/bedsheet if anyone is going past the place, F**k sake buy that man a pint.:lol:

Two of my favourites :lol:

Something is dodgy about this. Bet you something bad happens tonight , like an announcement or something.
Also you would be better suited going to mur*ay park. There's f**k all happening at the big house

:lol:

I heard that Rangers are making some money today. Their "grass growing lights" were sent to Hampden today, for the Killie Celtic game. I also heard ( don't knoiw if this is true though), that one of the Hampden green keepers said it was waste of time, as you needed to have the lights working on and of for about six weeks, to have any real effect. Do the SFA usually hirelights fron Rangers, or is this just an attempt to gift them money by hiring these lights?

F**king outrageous spinning from the media troglodites labelling the meeting of the other clubs as "The gang of 10"

This is also where the bloody problem lies; with those self serving freeloaders that call themselves sports journalists ! They are the ones who fan the flames to sell copy and keep themselves in a job. THEY would be more troubled by the loss of RFC than most of the Govan Loyal !

This is some awesome opportunity to bring back sanity to the game here and, while it may hurt initially, through lower revenue streams we would see the re-emergence, over time, of stronger clubs using their own talent and SUSTAINABLE resources.

The problem for our superstar journo's ? That would be having the ability to identify new young talent by means other than looking it up on Google !

F**king outrageous spinning from the media troglodites labelling the meeting of the other clubs as "The gang of 10"

This is also where the bloody problem lies; with those self serving freeloaders that call themselves sports journalists ! They are the ones who fan the flames to sell copy and keep themselves in a job. THEY would be more troubled by the loss of RFC than most of the Govan Loyal !

This is some awesome opportunity to bring back sanity to the game here and, while it may hurt initially, through lower revenue streams we would see the re-emergence, over time, of stronger clubs using their own talent and SUSTAINABLE resources.

The problem for our superstar journo's ? That would be having the ability to identify new young talent by means other than looking it up on Google !

Good Rant! Well Said.

When I heard earlier about the other ten meeting, I was initially encouraged.

The more I think about it though, it's maybe depressing. While noises about them exploiting this chance to instigate change sound good, to me it suggests that the decision to admit a Newco is virtually made.

The BBC report also mentioned SPL 2 again. My fear is that the other SPL clubs will not so much be looking to make Scottish football better, but will look to make their own positions stronger and more secure, not just in relation to the monsters above them, but in relation to the clubs beneath them.

This is a chance to scrap the whole idea of the SPL and SFL as separate bodies. I don't see any prospect of that happening though.

The more I think about it though, it's maybe depressing. While noises about them exploiting this chance to instigate change sound good, to me it suggests that the decision to admit a Newco is virtually made.

The BBC report also mentioned SPL 2 again. My fear is that the other SPL clubs will not so much be looking to make Scottish football better, but will look to make their own positions stronger and more secure, not just in relation to the monsters above them, but in relation to the clubs beneath them.

This is a chance to scrap the whole idea of the SPL and SFL as separate bodies. I don't see any prospect of that happening though.

Chance to implement 16/18 team league ph34r.gif

Revolutionary stuff...

"The distribution of income, a 12-club SPL and a 10-club top league below that, with more income for the clubs below, will all be discussed.

of course you are prob right....but maybe...just maybe the gang of ten are exploring how to oust the board who will make a decision on the newco vote of no confidence from an egm prior to newco being voted on...ooh that would be nice. i know its a fantasy but still it makes me feel warn n fuzzy. tbf an spl1 and spl2 for say 16 or 18 teams and a regionalised pyramid below that would make a lot of sense...hence it will never happen lol