Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I just hope the club at least comes out with a proper statement on this one and tries to correct any of the damage done. All I can hope is Gilmour had too many sangrias and was pissed off being phoned whilst in Spain. Saying nothing at all would have been better or at least you can talk about the financial disaster but don't make mention of the other 30 clubs.

Daft statement.

Very encouraging statement from Dundee United. Every Arab knows the precarious financial situation United are in and a statement like that shows the chairman has real integrity. I'm more determined than ever to support my club in any way I can and hope others do likewise.

It makes me think that there was a cabal within the SPL that Doncaster was trying to manipulate or that was manipulating him. I'm pretty sure Celtic would have been involved in that cabal because there are no other power brokers with sufficient clout to take a lead other than them.

I assume that even if there are moves to admit newco then the SPL's own rules would make that impossible.

On this day in particular - Proud To Be An Arab.

Edited by Granny Danger

This is getting tiresome, but here goes...

Eight have to be in favour of The Rangers in the SPL. Out of 11, as Rangers aren't there any more.

United, Hearts and Aberdeen are not in favour.

Any more no-no's?

God, this is like some recurring nightmare.

So what if the clubs have to spend less on wages? Will that make much difference to what we see on the pitch? Probably not. The SPL and all the fancy contracts are all geared towards helping the Old Firm building squads which can challenge in Europe. And as a supporter of a team that is not a member of the Old Firm, their European campaigns are of only mild interest to me. So OK Celtic might not be able to afford a new Japanese midfielder or a Croatian left back, the Newco will not be able to eventually buy up and coming Scottish talent from Hibs and Hearts and Kilmarnock for £2m and then leave them rotting on the bench. Tell me what I am to miss about that?

The money losses talk is all smoke and mirrors i agree.

Clubs will just need to tighten their belts a little. The top league in Scotland cutting back on the extraordinarily high number of foreign players it has had in the club's combined squads each season during the last 20 years will do Scottish football no harm at all. It will give our Scottish youths more opportunities to develop to full potential and and this can only be good for Scottish football at all levels long-term. smile.gif Signing too many foreign players has seriously damaged our game both financially and at International level. With the possible exception of Rangers and Celtic, during the past 20 years, Scottish clubs have been spending much more money on transfer fees to foreign clubs for foreign players and often paying them more than Scots born and bred players than they have been receiving back from the sale of Scottish players to foreign clubs. This takes money away from Scottish football that it doesn't get back. Common sense says that this must stop if the Scottish game is to survive.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Both the ICT and St Mirren statements are horrendous, the SFL are blameless in this situation.

Both statements are eerily similar and talk of redundancies etc, and i imagine are reflective of most SPL clubs. That is why i cant get my head round St Johnstone and Killie signing players on contracts during this perid of financial uncertainty.

To go off on a tangent....

Right so Rangers are gone...sponsors are gone, clubs are forced to sort themselves out, some even go into administration.

What about when the Newco get back to the top division?

Surely sponsors will come back? A better TV deal on the table etc etc

In that case, we would have a top division of relatively financially prudent clubs, able to benefit massively from the revenue the returning newco would bring. And hopefully this extra revenue is spent wisely on youth development etc for the benefit of the game.

Chuck in reconstruction and i think it could be short term pain, for long term gain.

Which sponsors have left as a result of Sevco getting voted into D3? :unsure:

How exactly are they a member without an SFA membership license ?.

Doesn't matter what you quoted from Longmuir there as the SFL vote was whether or not they would accept the newco and in which division would they place them.

Now the SPL meeting ! what's that all about ? they have two options available at their disposal ! promote an SFL team or consider the unthinkable ! invite the newco.

And as a fan of football I couldn't care less if the newco died before the end of next season in the 3rd and I'm not a sectarian bigot as you seem to think all us Celtic and newco fans are.

I think you'll find you are talking bollocks matey.

There were three votes taken and vote one was " To accept Sevco5088 (Scotland) as a member of the SFL.

Here's the exact wording of it and a link so you can go look yourself ..

Part (i)

That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

A simple majority of votes cast in secret ballot is needed to approve this motion. If granted, then Sevco Scotland Ltd becomes a member of the SFL and must, within 14 days, apply for membership of the SFA. It is understood that that application has already been made.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/sfl-meeting-part-3-what-are-the-members-voting-on/

Hope this helps ..;)

Right, off on holiday for ten days back in time for the Champions league games 8) and the start of the season.Will purchase my season ticket on the week before the season starts when all the fallout has hopefully settled and i will know exactly how this shambles has panned out. Keep up the good work folks :)

oh aye .... MON THE WELL!!!

I'm scunnered with our chairman's comments, but let's get it into perspective, we once had a chairman who sacked Alex Ferguson.

Life's a bitch.

Aye, but he didn't phone from Spain a couple of days later because someone else had appointed him.

With all due respect, if we boycott every ground where a chairman has opened their gob and spouted pish - we won't be making any away trips at all.

Quite agree. One man's pish is another man's champagne. For the sake of Scottish football and the effort fans and clubs have put into trying to save it let's wipe the slate clean. There should be no more talk of boycotts. We have got what we wanted and should be celebrating instead of chucking shîte at those who have a different view. ;)

right well this thread and all the fun & games have kept it from being a boring summer but thats pre season well and truely underway and im far more interested in that ahead of me making my first pre season game in years on Wednesday night,

Rangers are dead Sevco Scotland ltd are an associate member of the SFL

they will most probably be in SFL3 though but we cant win every single fight, i think its an ok compromise to make

in other news looks like part of the Sevco 5088 cull has brought Ayr United a good player out of this aswell laugh.gif

GET IT RIGHT UP YOU YOU BIGOTED b*****dS

Essentially we've become victims of something outside our control. We can manage without the OF, we did that for a decade in the SFL, we just cant cope with the suddeness of the income drop.

This could be said about Killie then, they built an Hotel when money was plentyful and everthing in the garden was rosy due to the Sky money at the time. The Hotel was the brainchild of Bill Costley and if the Sky deal hadn't gone tits up then it would probably have been a big success. Instead we've suffered ever since with huge interest payments and been the subject of bile by other fans (mainly St Mirren BTW)

From Dundee UTD

14 July 2012

Following yesterday's democratic vote by the SFL clubs in favour of admitting The Rangers Football Club as an associate member of the SFL, but with the Third Division being the only acceptable position, Dundee United will now focus on our upcoming campaign while working together with the other SPL clubs to ensure the stability of the SPL and Scottish football in what will be an uncertain and extremely challenging financial environment.

For the avoidance of doubt, following yesterday's vote, the Club would not support any counter proposals for the formation of SPL 2 or regarding any other route for The Rangers Football Club to join the SPL.

Now is the time for everyone to be united as one and we ask our supporters to stand alongside us as we face the challenges ahead.

Dundee Utd, I salute you (again).

Quite agree. One man's pish is another man's champagne. For the sake of Scottish football and the effort fans and clubs have put into trying to save it let's wipe the slate clean. There should be no more talk of boycotts. We have got what we wanted and should be celebrating instead of chucking shîte at those who have a different view. ;)

We should all just boycott each other.

Pleased with Stephen Thompson's statement, the man has proved a better football businessman in my eyes than his dad.

Sevco's best bet is division 3, they might not even play next season, which gives the 'authorities' an awful lot of time to come up with further shenanigans. And they will!

But times have changed, and a successful season on the park, with true competition, excitement and drama, might offer a new dawn for us.

The fans have won!

What an utter hypocrite Gilmour is, going by that...

First, the "bribe" wasn't even a good document - it didn't go anything like far enough, and gave far too few concessions.

Second, even if it had, it would not have justified the dereliction of duty abandoning sporting integrity represented.

Thirdly, if St Mirren really are doomed, he should've voted to keep Rangers in SPL. Not vote them out, then criticise an innocent party for not doing their dirty work for them.

Edited by HibeeJibee

What a total knob Gilmour has made of himself with this tantrum.

I heard a rumour weeks ago that he was threatening the Saints fans who were involved

in the 10,000 hrs project that if they wanted a no vote then it was curtains for them,administration was the word

he used if they got punted to the 3rd divison.

How can he pass a no vote then turn and try to bully the SFL chairmen for saying the same,did the fat rat think

they would have sh4t it and buckled under threats,they forget we have nothing to lose,if you can't afford to play with the

big boys come down to the SFL like the rest of us Mr Gilmour..

How many other muppets are out there saying no hoping that someone else will make the decision they all want?

Oh well ,even more of an excuse to give him it tight next weekend if he has the baws to show face at cappielow.

To think there is a St.mirren fan on here trying to take the high ground with an avatar of a wee boy in a gers top in the cowshed,

your chairmen is in fucking bed with the ****.... :lol:

Never thought I would ever agree with the great unwashed cousins from Greenock, but you are spot on. SG has made a real t*t of himself.

If Saints were relegated does that mean the club would be liquidated? Don't think so! :blink: