Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can't help but wonder why the former Rangers fans were so keen to "show liquidation the red card".

I had assumed they were worried that liquidation would mean the end of the club's history and its reemergance as a new entity.

Going by their response once the liquidation process began, it looks like they wanted to show the red card to liquidation because it meant they could junk millions in debt and reemerge as the same club, unchanged and as belligerent as ever.

When I look at that, I can see two explanations - 1) that RFC fans got it utterly wrong and should have given the thumbs up to liquidation or that 2) RFC fans don't care about reality at all and will slaver whatever made up b*llocks they have to in order to keep the bandwagon of bullshit rolling along.

It's a tough call, right enough...

Edited by flyingrodent

I apologise for calling you, 'a wee fanny'. That was a wrong thing to say and I've no justification for it looking back on your posts.

I withdraw the remark without reservation.

Broadfoot has a get-out in his contract (since he took his wage reduction).

I think we'd all like to keep him - he obviously makes a great deal of effort - but it looks like he has a better offer. Given the revised contracts post-admin guys like Broadfoot are in the driving seat however-much we'd like to keep them.

I've edited my previous comment.

Thank you for your apology, as it has been said it takes a big man to do that.

I have no axe to grind, but as a football fan for some decades now this has been the biggest/ worst thing to have happened to the game I love.

When I look at that, I can see two explanations - 1) that RFC fans got it utterly wrong and should have given the thumbs up to liquidation or that 2) RFC fans don't care about reality at all and will slaver whatever made up b*llocks they have to in order to keep the bandwagon of bullshit rolling along.

There's at least one more explanation - that you are completely wrong.

Happy to help.

smile.gif

There's at least one more explanation - that you are completely wrong.

Happy to help.

smile.gif

Fair enough, but wrong about what?

Why were the Rangers supporters so keen to "Show liquidation the red card", if the result of liquidation was that the club would emerge as the same entity it always had been, and would only have to pay the teeniest, tiniest percentage its bajillion-pound debts? You'd think that would be desirable.

Why protest, then? Were the fans wrong, or were they entirely correct and are they now enthusiastically pretending otherwise?

There could well be a really obvious answer that I'm missing here, but I can't see it just now.

Edited by flyingrodent

Until a company is formally liquadated then yes it can be resurrected but they would have to reach a deal with the creditors and persuade Green to sell the assets back to them, then apply to the SFA to have the membership transferred back and re-aquire a licence to play football

and what would be the point?

Its pretty clear that despite what some external people think the fans all know nothing has changed, ST sales attendances all back this up, SFL have endorsed it

The interest in the minute details of corporate shenanigans from credible experts such as joiners, shelf-stackers, barmen and taxi-drivers has never been higher. Especially so when there's a chance to have a dig - that's fine by me and part-and-parcel of the culture surrounding the game.

However, handing the drivel back in kind doesn't appear to go down too well on P&B.

Edited by Bendarroch

Dhensebhore - I understand why this might need to be retold to you a number of times. Perhaps any number of times.

After your initial (and repeated outbursts) of no-brained invective, all I have for you is a will to trade insults.

Now let me see - you're a complete p***k. laugh.gif

Get it now?

Edited by Bendarroch

Yes. It has all the credibility of a man with a publicly soiled career. Oh, wait....

And what are your thoughts on the points raised on player numbers, McCoists reasoning and the strategy Rangers are following?

Fair enough, but wrong about what?

There could well be a really obvious answer that I'm missing here, but I can't see it just now.

I did say at least one more explanation. In fact, the issue is much more complex and would require/deserve a detailed set of responses to provide some clarity.

If you are genuinely interested (and I seriously doubt that) then you'll find a lot of information here: http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/

I fully expect streams of ill-informed pish and invective by way of response laugh.gif

I did say at least one more explanation. In fact, the issue is much more complex and would require/deserve a detailed set of responses to provide some clarity.

If you are genuinely interested (and I seriously doubt that) then you'll find a lot of information here: http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/

I fully expect streams of ill-informed pish and invective by way of response laugh.gif

I don't really do invective - not personally directed, at least - although I do have great reserves of ill-informed pish to draw upon.

Nonetheless, I'm at work and I don't really have time to plough through a hundred pages of highly charitable Rangers "analysis" to find an answer to what are, I think, some fairly simple questions. Perhaps you could give us a simple summary to save me the trouble?

Were the Rangers fans wrong to protest against liquidation? If so, why? Surely, if liquidation has proved to be such a good thing, they should've welcomed it with open arms, rather than organising stadium-wide protests to reject the idea.

The Rangers Standard is a project aimed at promoting positive and innovative thinking about the club and its role in Scottish football and society.

I had to give up after the very first statement of the rangers standard.

I got further, it was at the "Are You Sectarian?, The Strange Rise of Anti-Sectarianism & Protestant Club in 21st Century Scotland" point that I buttoned it.

And what are your thoughts on the points raised on player numbers, McCoists reasoning and the strategy Rangers are following?

I think it reads like the work of a dodgy lawyer with his tongue firmly up Philthy Phil's arse to be honest smile.gif

I have more time for the tooth-fairy who, in fairness, is more believable.

I'm at work and I don't really have time to plough through a hundred pages of highly charitable Rangers "analysis" to find an answer to what are, I think, some fairly simple questions. Perhaps you could give us a simple summary to save me the trouble?

No, I can't.

You'll have to be lazy and remain ill-informed instead.