Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Kincardine

So many fuckwits bought into the "only the OF matter" bullshit over the last 20 years or so, it has now come to pass and thanks to the English ignorance of Scottish fitba, which is reinforced for them by Sky's obsession with all things OF, more and more of our own believe this crap too, The Rest are now so far cast adrift and impoverished (and more and more of their potential fans abandon our game for the EPL) English is probably right.

You're wrong here. Sky dont care who the big teams in Scotland are and have no interest in 'The OF' as such. They do the simple thing and go with who is popular and who will attract most viewers.

Do you really think that Sky's head of sport has a big team? He honestly couldn't give a f**k but goes with what's popular. Right now that's the two Glasgow teams - althought that may well change next season ;)

This guy's done his research

Favourite part:

Juninho played 14 league games, btw. A 3-0 reverse in each would see Celtic drop the 37 points they picked up in that time. :lol:

Correct about the cup though

http://celtictaxcase.wordpress.com/

This blog was set up to highlight potential financial doping by Celtic Football Club. In less than 24 hours of painstaking research though my investigation has went way beyond financial doping and way beyond Celtic Football Club.

What I believe I have uncovered could be potentially explosive with Celtic FC used as a vehicle for some seriously dodgy dealings which would leave the clubs reputation in such tatters it would be damaged beyond repair and in need of being put to sleep like a lame race horse.

Let me give you a little bit of a history lesson…

01/09/2005 Du Wei (China captain) signs for Celtic / 15/12/2005 Roy Keane (Ireland captain) signs for Celtic

Coincidence? Maybe… But what is the old phrase? Lightening never strikes twice?

01/09/2009 Zheng Zhi (China captain) signs for Celtic / 31/01/2010 Robbie Keane (Ireland captain) signs for Celtic

But what does this mean???!!!

Regular readers of the blog will know all about my expose on Dermot Desmonds dealings with former Irish Taoiseach Charles Haughey and the well documented Moriarty Tribunal.

Further investigation has linked Charles Haughey to Ben Dunne (entrepreneur and inventory of Dunnes stores) who is allegedly looking to branch Dunnes Stores to the expanding market in China?

So what part does China, Ireland and Celtic play in this? Will the British tax payer who has recently bailed out Ireland be happy to find they are possibly maybe in cahoots with the Chinese?

Why were Chris Killen and Derek Riordan (both signed by Dermot Desmond) plying their trade in China?

What role do the Keane's, Zheng Zhi and Du Wei have in all of this?

WHAT EXACTLY IS HAPPENING!?

At the moment I do not know. I'm not going to get involved in whataboutery I will wait until I have actual solid reliable evidence before I accuse Mr Desmond or Celtic FC or China or Ireland or any wrong doing. All I know is that I can smell a rat a mile off in this who sordid web of deceit, lies and maybe backhanders too.

Be safe that I'm going to see this through to the end. Celtic, if they are involved in this potential alliance between the Irish Republic and China will struggle to ever recover. Remember bears…. The Boyne wasn't won in a day. More digging for me tomorrow. FACT!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Enrico Annoni

One of Celtic's office juniors could get that shut down without breaking sweat :lol: "I think they maybe guilty" - desperate, desperate stuff

There's a mindset among the Rangers support that was firmly in denial of their club ever possibly having done anything wrong. Now as the evidence starts to pile up, that mindset has predictably moved from denial to deflection: from "we never done nuhin wrang" to "aye, well, everybody else wiz daein it except wurser". I suspect the author of the blog is having a litttle fun exploiting this. ;)

Edited by HeartsparkDollarsign

^^ This ^^ think its a Timposter trolling the Gers fans rolleyes.gif

I know Rangers fans have been divorced from reality for a long while now, but this guy wants to tell the SFA about China's possible misdeeds, wonder how long Regan's "fit person" checks would last in that circumstance :D

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=214734

Rangers fans are not readers, five minutes of text appears too much of a stretch for them...

"Too long to read, BUT...<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">The famine is over, why dontcha do gome..... :) "

"The words are too many... "

"tarted to read, but sleep1.gif halfway through sorry, but to long. :) "

"You seriously want me to read that?"

There's a mindset among the Rangers support that was firmly in denial of their club ever possibly having done anything wrong. Now as the evidence starts to pile up, that mindset has predictably moved from denial to deflection: from "we never done nuhin wrang" to "aye, well, everybody else wiz daein it except wurser". I suspect the author of the blog is having a litttle fun exploiting this. ;)

Yep.

Btw, thanks for sending that letter to my daughter - I understand she subsequently sent you a few emails?

:)

Tom English on STV tonight has just come straight out and said only Rangers and Celtic matter, Sky will rip up the 80 million TV deal if they aren't in the SPL, the only thing that matters in the SPL is Rangers v Celtic games. No matter what happens to Rangers, Doncaster & Co need to weigh up what is morally correct to do, against losing the Sky money.

The game's a bogey guys. If this scenario comes to pass - St Mirren can kiss my season ticket goodbye. Would the last diddy team supporter to leave the building please turn the lights off.

If Radio Scotland's least favourite Irish self-parody said it was raining outside, I'd open the curtains and look for myself before believing it.

He and Spiers were badly stung on twitter this week for peddling the Haudit & Daudit line as though it were 100% fact, and are bitter at being torn a new one by many readers on there. So this will be his pathetic way of trying to wind folk up. English also seems consumed with fury that someone who is not "one of us"- i.e. Alex Thomson- has dared to come to Scotland to do a series of stories on this. His sniping at Thomson on twitter has been totally out of order.

The man is an utterly clueless buffoon. Succulent lamb may have bypassed him, but he's certainly a fellow traveller of the succulent lamb eaters in the media.

It's true to say that in money terms Rangers and Celtic have been the only clubs that mattered since the disastrous formation of the SPL. However, that's not to say that that will continue to be the case for the future. If the rest of Scottish football is content to sit and let that state of affairs continue, in spite of Rangers dire problems, then it will deserve to implode as a spectator sport in this country. Some gumption and balls are needed from the 10 SPL chairman and the rest of the SFL in wresting the future of the game from the OF self-interest. If they show neither gumption nor balls and allow the OF to continue to walk all over them, then it should come as no surprise to see spectator numbers drop through the floor in the seasons to come. In such a case, a fat cheque from Sky will be of little consolation.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

If Radio Scotland's least favourite Irish self-parody said it was raining outside, I'd open the curtains and look for myself before believing it.

He and Spiers were badly stung on twitter this week for peddling the Haudit & Daudit line as though it were 100% fact, and are bitter at being torn a new one by many readers on there. So this will be his pathetic way of trying to wind folk up. English also seems consumed with fury that someone who is not "one of us"- i.e. Alex Thomson- has dared to come to Scotland to do a series of stories on this. His sniping at Thomson on twitter has been totally out of order.

The man is an utterly clueless buffoon. Succulent lamb may have bypassed him, but he's certainly a fellow traveller of the succulent lamb eaters in the media.

It's true to say that in money terms Rangers and Celtic have been the only clubs that mattered since the disastrous formation of the SPL. However, that's not to say that that will continue to be the case for the future. If the rest of Scottish football is content to sit and let that state of affairs continue, in spite of Rangers dire problems, then it will deserve to implode as a spectator sport in this country. Some gumption and balls are needed from the 10 SPL chairman and the rest of the SFL in wresting the future of the game from the OF self-interest. If they show neither gumption nor balls and allow the OF to continue to walk all over them, then it should come as no surprise to see spectator numbers drop through the floor in the seasons to come. In such a case, a fat cheque from Sky will be of little consolation.

It does seem that only a week or so ago, Tom English and Graeme Spiers were in a very small band of keyboard jockeys who deviated from the strict 'we need Rangers, we will all die without Rangers, without the Old Firm the planet will stop revolving on its axis and we'll all die' line. They regularly popped up on the STV late night panel and showed a bit of objectivity. Last night though, there wasn't even an attempt to soften the language he used - it was full-frontal attack mode. Only Rangers and Celtic matter. Sky only want to show the battles between these behemoths, so no matter what Rangers may be found guilty of, Doncaster needs to weigh up what is morally correct to do as punishment, against what he must do to preserve the Sky deal.

Sarcastically, I posted 'well that's it then. Time for us diddies to depart the scene, now we finally know our place....' The one thing that English has shone a light on mind you, is indeed Doncaster's role - in cahoots with the other suits, when the time does finally arrive to make decisions on Rangers 'punishment'. (If indeed they should face any). If it proves to be the case that any punishment or sanctions are swept under the carpet purely because a TV deal says the OF games MUST be shown on telly - really, there's no way I am buying a season ticket to watch a corrupt and morally bankrupt SPL host matches which are simply a sideshow to allow Old Firm matches to be shown on television. The game really would be a bogey then. I know a TV deal is important, and I know the Old Firm are our two biggest clubs, but I simply would not accept the 'Tom English scenario'. The 'gang of ten' need to show some balls here, as do Doncaster and Co.

Edited by pozbaird

I've already outed English earlier in this thread as a bigot apologist imbecile.

An absolute fool of a man. He should stick to rugby - apparently he speaks some sense in that arena.

It does seem that only a week or so ago, Tom English and Graeme Spiers were in a very small band of keyboard jockeys who deviated from the strict 'we need Rangers, we will all die without Rangers, without the Old Firm the planet will stop revolving on its axis and we'll all die' line. They regularly popped up on the STV late night panel and showed a bit of objectivity. Last night though, there wasn't even an attempt to soften the language he used - it was full-frontal attack mode. Only Rangers and Celtic matter. Sky only want to show the battles between these behemoths, so no matter what Rangers may be found guilty of, Doncaster needs to weigh up what is morally correct to do as punishment, against what he must do to preserve the Sky deal.

Here's a theory. These guys are not sure what the future of Scottish football would be without the Celtic/Rangers "rivalry". The thought that without Rangers and/or Celtic there may be a negative effect on the Scottish game and, therefore, on their livelihoods has given them food for thought. Given this they have decided "Fuck integrity, our cushy jobs might be effected by this", and have decided to tow the party line.

As I say, just a theory.

Here's a theory. These guys are not sure what the future of Scottish football would be without the Celtic/Rangers "rivalry". The thought that without Rangers and/or Celtic there may be a negative effect on the Scottish game and, therefore, on their livelihoods has given them food for thought. Given this they have decided "f**k integrity, our cushy jobs might be effected by this", and have decided to tow the party line.

As I say, just a theory.

Nahhhhh. Wee Chick's bluster, Doddsy, Biscuits and Co's warblings, Traynor's buffoonery, Spiers and English's back-tracking.... all to do with them possibly not having Old Firm tittle-tattle to write about / gibber about? (Adopts Victor Meldrew voice) I don't bee-leeeve it!

These people are respected journalists who will stop at nothing to give us the truth, and will leave no stone unturned in their quest to see footballing fair play and justice is delivered for the good of the Scottish game. How very dare you suggest they have an agenda here.

:P

Here's a theory. These guys are not sure what the future of Scottish football would be without the Celtic/Rangers "rivalry". The thought that without Rangers and/or Celtic there may be a negative effect on the Scottish game and, therefore, on their livelihoods has given them food for thought. Given this they have decided "f**k integrity, our cushy jobs might be effected by this", and have decided to tow the party line.

As I say, just a theory.

Don't want to corrupt this thread by not talking about "Rangers in administration" but given the role of the Scottish media in all of this it does have a relevance.

Main point is the amazing ignorance of the Scottish sports pundits. BBC had something on Brain Kennedy as bidder for Rangers and owner of Sale Sharks the rugby league team. If you don't already know (and if you were a sports reporter I would expect you to know this type of fact) you can google it. Has Alastair Lamont ever said anything significant? Where the hell did they get him from, he is outstandingly useless? A trainee Chic Young. Their ignorance is bad enough about football, but other sports - they are totally clueless but proud of it.

Plus through newspapers, radio or TV they know all Celtic and Rangers players with something approaching idolatry. Covering a Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock game they are ignorant beyond a couple of names. It becomes 'the boy at left back' or 'the blond guy on the left'. Really quite pathetic. At its best when someone with a brain calls on of these phone ins. If they can talk in anything other than the usual cliches they are cut short. Especially by that fat bumptious ignorant prat that is Jim (James) Traynor.

What is galling is they followed the parade of the emperor (Murray) with no clothes without stating the obvious. It took Whyte to burst the bubble.

Arcade Fire song....

All the reporters have always known

That the emperor wears no clothes

But they bow down to him anyway

It's better than being alone

Edited by thelegendthatis

Plus through newspapers, radio or TV they know all Celtic and Rangers players with something approaching idolatry. Covering a Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock game they are ignorant beyond a couple of names. It becomes 'the boy at left back' or 'the blond guy on the left'. Really quite pathetic. At its best when someone with a brain calls on of these phone ins. If they can talk in anything other than the usual cliches they are cut short. Especially by that fat bumptious ignorant prat that is Jim (James) Traynor.

What is galling is they followed the parade of the emperor (Murray) with no clothes without stating the obvious. It took Whyte to burst the bubble.

That's been the case for years, though. There was a well known Bill Leckie story; he informed Spiers that he was off to cover a game somewhere like Ochilview or Forthbank, and was favoured with a look of genuine astonishment from Spiers, along with a "why on earth are you doing that?"

Scottish football outside the top 6 of the SPL genuinely may as well not exist for these guys. It's as insignificant to them as the juniors and amateurs.

There are a few honourable exceptions- Leckie himself and Alan Pattullo in the Scotsman spring immediately to mind. Why said paper feels the need to employ an absolutely hapless turnip like English when they have a guy there who actually knows what he's talking about and can write well about it, is a mystery.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Does anyone know (and I mean know rather than guess) the answer to these questions.

If the Court of Session decide against Ticketus today can they appeal?

If so who to?

How quickly is an appeal likely to be heard?

BTW if there is an appeal process I imagine either side could appeal, the reason I mention Ticketus rather than Haudit & Daudit is they have actually shelled out the cash and, I imagine, would appeal if they needed to.

Edited by Granny Danger

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

THE Scottish Premier League has been urged to suspend its investigation into Rangers until the club has emerged from administration.

Fans group The Rangers Supporters Trust has written to the SPL and requested a meeting with the chief executive, Neil Doncaster, over the investigation into allegations that players received payments which were not disclosed to the governing body.

Herald Sport revealed yesterday that the club's administrators, Duff & Phelps, have been contacted by SPL solicitors Harper Macleod and been asked to provide documentation relating to player contracts and payments dating back to the formation of the league in 1998.

The Trust has also alleged a potential conflict of interest in the use of Harper Macleod given that the firm also represents other SPL clubs. Harper Macleod are Celtic's solicitors and acted for Dundee United against a Rangers supporters' club in a recent dispute over tickets for a rearranged fixture at Tannadice but the firm have also been the SPL's solicitors for several years.

"Proceeding with this investigation while the club is not adequately equipped to defend itself will turn this whole process into a 'kangaroo court'," said Trust chairman Gordon Dinnie in a a statement last night.

"Duff & Phelps' main role is to ensure the club is managed through administration and comes out the other end a viable trading business, not contesting cases with the SPL."

Why suspend? It is hardly slowing down anything else, especially the administration which must soon be in the Guinness Book of Records as the slowest ever.

Unless of course the Supporters Group know there are some timebombs just waiting to be found.

Good try guys :lol::lol::lol:

Does anyone know (and I mean know rather than guess) the answer to these questions.

If the Court of Session decide against Ticketus today can they appeal?

If so who to?

How quickly is an appeal likely to be heard?

BTW if there is an appeal process I imagine either side could appeal, the reason I mention Ticketus rather than Haudit & Daudit is they have actually shelled out the cash and, I imagine, would appeal if they needed to.

Yes can appeal - and will take months.

Same will apply to HMRC. If they lose the £35 million (plus interest and penalties) case they have already said they will appeal. And again this will not be quick.

The law does work slowly and will not change just because it is Rangers (in administration) or because it may inconvenience the SPL/SFA/Sky TV or any other business looking to maximizer profits.

Absolutely classic self fulfilling prophecy at work

So many fuckwits bought into the "only the OF matter" bullshit over the last 20 years or so, it has now come to pass and thanks to the English ignorance of Scottish fitba, which is reinforced for them by Sky's obsession with all things OF, more and more of our own believe this crap too, The Rest are now so far cast adrift and impoverished (and more and more of their potential fans abandon our game for the EPL) English is probably right.

But that was the whole purpose of setting up the spl in the first place and the clubs who went along with it have only themselves to blame. How they couldn't see that back in the late 90's is beyond me