Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

When Craig Whyte first came on the scene he was lauded by the mainstream Scottish sports media and underwent no scrutiny by them. Given the subsequent revelations will these same journalists do a warts-and-all investigation of Paul Murray, Brian Kennedy and the other bidders?

Surely over the next few days we will be treated to a forensic examination of the backgrounds of these people including their past business dealings and practices. Or should I not hold my breath?

Paul Murray: did not perform his duties as a non-exec director at an SPL club and continued to allow financial malfeasance on a grand scale at said club (who are now friar tucked)

Brian Kennedy: took over Stockport County (and their ground) whilst owner of Sale Sharks. Recently waived Stockport's ground rental to Sale Sharks.

What, what, what? He 'recently waived Stockports rent to Sale Sharks'??? How the f**k did that happen? Oh, he bought the club for a pittance in 2003, gave the terminal basket case to the supporters in 2005 (nice move - awaiting it's death and washing his hands of the debts) but kept the ground and demanded rent from the club. I see.

Has plans to sell the ground and move Sale Sharks to a new stadium. Stockport county? They'll soon be bust, don't worry about where they'll play, as I'm sure he's not.

That, in a nutshell, is all you need to know.

Paul Murray: did not perform his duties as a non-exec director at an SPL club and continued to allow financial malfeasance on a grand scale at said club (who are now friar tucked)

Brian Kennedy: took over Stockport County (and their ground) whilst owner of Sale Sharks. Recently waived Stockport's ground rental to Sale Sharks.

What, what, what? He 'recently waived Stockports rent to Sale Sharks'??? How the f**k did that happen? Oh, he bought the club for a pittance in 2003, gave the terminal basket case to the supporters in 2005 (nice move - awaiting it's death and washing his hands of the debts) but kept the ground and demanded rent from the club. I see.

Has plans to sell the ground and move Sale Sharks to a new stadium. Stockport county? They'll soon be bust, don't worry about where they'll play, as I'm sure he's not.

That, in a nutshell, is all you need to know.

Problem is you are not a respected member of the Scottish sports media like, for example, Jim Traynor or Chic Young, so no-one will pay attention to what you have to say.

Problem is you are not a respected member of the Scottish sports media like, for example, Jim Traynor or Chic Young, so no-one will pay attention to what you have to say.

Ah, ok, in that case:

Paul Murray is a highly respected financial whizz, with a depth of wealth that is off the sonar, bringing years of experience of football governance to the table and also a former high-flyer at Deutsche Bank.

That last bit has already appeared in the Scottish Media.

Brian Kennedy is the multi-millionaire owner and saviour of once ailing, but now highly successful Sale Sharks. During his ownership, The Sharks have won two European Trophies as well as the English Premiership. Kennedy hopes to bring the same success to the ailing Glasgow giants.

Ah, ok, in that case:

Paul Murray is a highly respected financial whizz, with a depth of wealth that is off the sonar, bringing years of experience of football governance to the table and also a former high-flyer at Deutsche Bank.

That last bit has already appeared in the Scottish Media.

Brian Kennedy is the multi-millionaire owner and saviour of once ailing, but now highly successful Sale Sharks. During his ownership, The Sharks have won two European Trophies as well as the English Premiership. Kennedy hopes to bring the same success to the ailing Glasgow giants.

Congratulations, a career in sports journalism awaits. I trust you enjoy succulent lamb. :lol:

Now the popcorn moments

@mikefstv: Rangers owner Whyte has still not paid his estranged wife and was not legally represented at the Court of Session today http://t.co/fdm89h5F

@mikefstv: Rangers owner Craig Whyte has also failed to provide his wife with a valid insurance certificate for Castle Grant http://t.co/fdm89h5F

@mikefstv: Whyte's wife is also concerned that if his castle is not insured it could be in breach of mortgage conditions http://t.co/fdm89h5F

@mikefstv: Rangers owner Craig Whyte ordered to pay estranged wife £5000 a month http://t.co/fdm89h5F

:)

My favourite bit;

Further procedure was carried out and earlier this month an email was sent by his lawyers saying that he had promised to put it in the post, although it later appeared to have gone astray. The counsel said it was learnt last week that "in any event the defender was not willing to adhere to the agreement".

The last excuse of the desperate - It's in the post, honest LOL

Edited by MEADOWXI

This guy's done his research

Favourite part:

Q. Is it true Celtic have used EBT’s?

A. It is widely recognised that they did use EBT’s with Juninho. I don’t know much detail about this but if they were used incorrectly and if they were accompanied by a “second contract” then every game he played for Celtic could potentially be deemed 3-0 to the opposition which could result in demotion to the first division and the annulment of Celtics 2005 Scottish Cup victory… Martin O’Neill’s last trophy at the club!!!!

Juninho played 14 league games, btw. A 3-0 reverse in each would see Celtic drop the 37 points they picked up in that time. :lol:

Correct about the cup though

Guest Kincardine

Cheats sponsored by cheats? :ph34r:

Too obvious?

Nah just a week too late. I'd look for the sinking Titanic pic but can't be arsed.

Tom English on STV tonight has just come straight out and said only Rangers and Celtic matter, Sky will rip up the 80 million TV deal if they aren't in the SPL, the only thing that matters in the SPL is Rangers v Celtic games. No matter what happens to Rangers, Doncaster & Co need to weigh up what is morally correct to do, against losing the Sky money.

The game's a bogey guys. If this scenario comes to pass - St Mirren can kiss my season ticket goodbye. Would the last diddy team supporter to leave the building please turn the lights off.

Tom English on STV tonight has just come straight out and said only Rangers and Celtic matter, Sky will rip up the 80 million TV deal if they aren't in the SPL, the only thing that matters in the SPL is Rangers v Celtic games. No matter what happens to Rangers, Doncaster & Co need to weigh up what is morally correct to do, against losing the Sky money.

The game's a bogey guys. If this scenario comes to pass - St Mirren can kiss my season ticket goodbye. Would the last diddy team supporter to leave the building please turn the lights off.

Absolutely classic self fulfilling prophecy at work

The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come 'true'. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning In other words, a prophecy, strongly held belief, or a delusion, declared as truth when it is actually false may sufficiently influence people, either through fear or logical confusion, so that their reactions ultimately fulfill the once-false belief.

So many fuckwits bought into the "only the OF matter" bullshit over the last 20 years or so, it has now come to pass and thanks to the English ignorance of Scottish fitba, which is reinforced for them by Sky's obsession with all things OF, more and more of our own believe this crap too, The Rest are now so far cast adrift and impoverished (and more and more of their potential fans abandon our game for the EPL) English is probably right.

Edited by EdTheDuck